• News
  • Reviews
  • Top Games
  • Search
  • New Releases
  • Daily Deals
  • Forums

Adventure Gamers - Forums

Welcome to Adventure Gamers. Please Sign In or Join Now to post.

You are here: HomeForum Home → Gaming → General → Thread

Post Marker Legend:

• New Topic New posts
  • Old Topic No new posts

Currently online

chrissie

Support us, by purchasing through these affiliate links

General Gaming News Thread

Total Posts: 7109

Joined 2005-09-29

PM

“We had found that the ink-battle play mechanic was fun, and the team was working very hard to brush up on that aspect at that time, but we were losing the freshness of the game the more the team worked on it. The thing which concerned us most was the main character. It looked as if it could be found in any game and lacked uniqueness. So, I told the game’s producer and the director to even consider using Mario if we could not find the right character. I also explained to them why I was providing such a suggestion.”

Mario almost superseded the quirky squid-like characters in Nintendo’s upcoming Wii U paint-gun game Splatoon

See i told you , this guy is obsessed with Mario. He cannot think of anything else.
Seriously , he was there to even axe Splatoon characters.

About VR,
As wilco said need to try, need to try for long with quite a handful of softwares.
I can see it creating medical issues, Valve promising no Motion sickness
with Sony at 120 hz refreshrate, still screen image burn in eyes after long hours is issue, so type of software lineup and ergonomics will decide my purchase.

Commercially, i think everyone will jump in inititally, Kinect had long legs , it lasted for 3+years, then vanished like anything, lets see for how long VR will exist.

Total Posts: 8998

Joined 2004-01-05

PM

Bad news today…. Something going wrong in Konami, power struggles, Kojima might leave after the release of MGSV Neutral

http://www.gamespot.com/articles/kojima-expected-to-leave-konami-after-mgs5-inside-/1100-6426024/

Silent Hills…

Joined 2005-09-29

PM

wilco - 19 March 2015 03:16 PM

Bad news today…. Something going wrong in Konami, power struggles, Kojima might leave after the release of MGSV Neutral

http://www.gamespot.com/articles/kojima-expected-to-leave-konami-after-mgs5-inside-/1100-6426024/

Silent Hills…

KOJI Porductions Presents

MGS: A GAME BY HIDEO KOJIMA

PRODUCER: HIDEO KOJIMA

DIRECTOR: HIDEO KOJIMA
WRITTEN BY: HIDEO KOJIMA

A HIDEO KOJIMA GAME

Did u rike it??? Tongue

Seriously his self praise and showoff attitude was too much, and i wanted him to be
humble about his success, but i didn’t expect it to end it like this, and you are right,
Silenthill(s) could be the biggest casualty.
I thought he was able to make money and fund himself, and that his domain was good enough
for ROI and Konami won’t touch them, but maybe 7 years for MGS5 are too much, and looks like its took its toll.

This however,

“Konami Digital Entertainment, including Mr. Kojima, will continue to develop and support Metal Gear products. Please look forward to future announcements.”

gives some hope that SH will live without KP brand.
Not to mention SH doesnt require Kojima’s direct involvement.

What will happen to actual KP tags within the game , if Konami is too hellbent on removing the KP branding from the sites.

Edit:

Damn just realized there would be no MGRising 2.
Also SH without Deltoro and Reedus pretty much lost cause if he is on contract.
That plus Foxengine was built just for that.
I think the whole cost of MGS was bleeding Konami down, plus Kojima’s output is really
low. You cannot give a free hand to just one franchise for 7 years.

Now Kojima cannot take 7 years or use Foxengine for next game.
And now he can go exclusive for one of the 3 giants.

Get him on SantaMonica. Tongue

Total Posts: 932

Joined 2004-03-23

PM

Elder Scrolls Online is now without subscription (so, basically, buy-and-play, obviously with some optional microtransaction elements somewhere, I haven’t looked that much into the economics). I’m hoping to find a physical copy of it for really cheap somewhere. So far I’ve seen 25 €, but that’s still too high for me as I have so much else to play, too, and MMORPGs take so much time that I probably don’t have Tongue

Joined 2005-09-29

PM

Some redeeming news,

So del toro and Fox Engine will live.
Probably Reedus too.
I believe SH will see its day on FoxEngine since Konami President wanted it from Kojima, people are forgetting that it was not Kojima’s idea at he first place.

Total Posts: 1279

Joined 2012-07-11

PM

Kojima is a talented guy, but I lost all respect for him when he made the original team of MG Rising grovel, apologise and knock themselves in that video a few years back stating MG Rising was now being worked on by Platinum Games. That was nothing more then work place bulling in my eyes and he should of been called out on it.

Also, this might seem a bit harsh, but I don’t think Konami has really done much to improve their library. Beyond MGS and Silent Hill they seem a bit weak.

Recently completed: Game of Thrones (decent), Tales from the borderlands (great!), Life is Strange (great!), Stasis (good), Annas Quest (great!); Broken Age (poor)

Total Posts: 8471

Joined 2011-10-21

PM

nomadsoul - 19 March 2015 03:55 PM

KOJI Porductions Presents

MGS: A GAME BY HIDEO KOJIMA

PRODUCER: HIDEO KOJIMA

DIRECTOR: HIDEO KOJIMA
WRITTEN BY: HIDEO KOJIMA

A HIDEO KOJIMA GAME

Did u rike it??? Tongue

Reminds me of a certain ‘Carson Clay’ film. Grin

The truth can’t hurt you, it’s just like the dark: it scares you witless but in time you see things clear and stark. - Elvis Costello
Maybe this time I can be strong, but since I know who I am, I’m probably wrong. Maybe this time I can go far, but thinking about where I’ve been ain’t helping me start. - Michael Kiwanuka

Joined 2005-09-29

PM

Tad - 19 March 2015 05:08 PM

Kojima is a talented guy, but I lost all respect for him when he made the original team of MG Rising grovel, apologise and knock themselves in that video a few years back stating MG Rising was now being worked on by Platinum Games. That was nothing more then work place bulling in my eyes and he should of been called out on it.

Also, this might seem a bit harsh, but I don’t think Konami has really done much to improve their library. Beyond MGS and Silent Hill they seem a bit weak.

Not to mention he disbanded Team Silent to centralize all the best people into powering
KP.
Konami gradually killed Contra, Castlevania, SH etc.
Iga left too.
And now karma got kojima.
Not too different from Sega or Capcom, atleast Capcom still have IPs and making games.
RE7 will be killer with Pantathei engine, and Ono is still kicking with Deepdown and
SFV.
SEnix also hinging up a bit with great Type0 port and FFXV Demo, with TR,DX, Hitman etc.

Still fractions left in Japanese industry till all end up in mobile/f2p market.

Joined 2004-01-05

PM

nomadsoul - 19 March 2015 04:46 PM

Some redeeming news,

So del toro and Fox Engine will live.
Probably Reedus too.
I believe SH will see its day on FoxEngine since Konami President wanted it from Kojima, people are forgetting that it was not Kojima’s idea at he first place.

Good! Still hope.

I think Konami makes a lot of its money from mobile/f2p market, this will consolidate that more. No room for expensive projects…
At least they managed to turn back PES this year and make it better than FIFA again.

Joined 2005-09-29

PM

wilco - 19 March 2015 08:18 PM

Good! Still hope.

I think Konami makes a lot of its money from mobile/f2p market, this will consolidate that more. No room for expensive projects…
At least they managed to turn back PES this year and make it better than FIFA again.

Well Konami announced new MGS is in the wroks, didn’t take long lol.

Edit:

FFtype0 is great JRPG that checklists all the feelings of PS2 era RPGs.
Great character lineup, you can individually upgrade with their respective movesets,
total of 14 characters.
Art Design and Music is stellar.
There are also elements of ValkyriaChronicles/DynastyWarriors type elements.
And all that in just first 4 hours.

Joined 2012-07-11

PM

nomadsoul - 19 March 2015 06:18 PM
Tad - 19 March 2015 05:08 PM

Not to mention he disbanded Team Silent to centralize all the best people into powering
KP.
Konami gradually killed Contra, Castlevania, SH etc.
Iga left too.
And now karma got kojima.
Not too different from Sega or Capcom, atleast Capcom still have IPs and making games.
RE7 will be killer with Pantathei engine, and Ono is still kicking with Deepdown and
SFV.
SEnix also hinging up a bit with great Type0 port and FFXV Demo, with TR,DX, Hitman etc.

Still fractions left in Japanese industry till all end up in mobile/f2p market.

Sega haven’t really killed many of their titles. They just haven’t used them, which is equally annoying…

As great as it still does financially, he’s killed the MGS franchise for me. It’s always been crazy, but it seems to be just getting ridiculous now. MGS4 for example basically had him write his best character out of the picture.

Recently completed: Game of Thrones (decent), Tales from the borderlands (great!), Life is Strange (great!), Stasis (good), Annas Quest (great!); Broken Age (poor)

Total Posts: 2648

Joined 2004-01-18

PM

God of War III remastered

I’ve officially hit my remastered limit.

F**king make new games for my nice shiny console and stop just remaking prior year games.

An adventure game is nothing more than a good story set with engaging puzzles that fit seamlessly in with the story and the characters, and looks and sounds beautiful.
Roberta Williams

Joined 2012-07-11

PM

Lucien21 - 20 March 2015 02:56 PM

F**king make new games for my nice shiny console and stop just remaking prior year games.

Hear, hear!

I wouldn’t mind so much if they were remasters/reboots of truly old games, but GOW3? Seriously…

Joined 2004-01-05

PM

Tad - 20 March 2015 03:26 PM

Hear, hear!

I wouldn’t mind so much if they were remasters/reboots of truly old games, but GOW3? Seriously…

Specially because GoW3 already looked amazing and this doesn’t look much of an upgrade… At least put all 6 GoW games in box and release for PS4. What a waste…

Total Posts: 2704

Joined 2004-08-02

PM

Wow seriously? Sony really doesn’t want my money.

You are here: HomeForum Home → Gaming → General → Thread

Welcome to the Adventure Gamers forums!

Back to the top