• Reviews
  • Top Games
  • Search
  • New Releases
  • Daily Deals
  • Forums
continue reading below

Adventure Gamers - Forums

Welcome to Adventure Gamers. Please Sign In or Join Now to post.

You are here: HomeForum Home → Gaming → General → Thread

Post Marker Legend:

• New Topic New posts
  • Old Topic No new posts

Currently online

Support us, by purchasing through these affiliate links

General Gaming News Thread

Total Posts: 1279

Joined 2012-07-11

PM

It’s downloading as we speak Smile

Not knocking pixel art, but I have to agree. Pixel art isn’t my favourite anyway, but if the game is good I’ll play it regardless.

Oh, also,

Playtonicgames have shown some screen shots at Rezzed (they’re on twitter too). They’ve also said it’s going to be a kickstarter project and if you look closely, you can see the main character in the screen shots Smile

The graphics look nice. Very much in the same style of their other work.

Recently completed: Game of Thrones (decent), Tales from the borderlands (great!), Life is Strange (great!), Stasis (good), Annas Quest (great!); Broken Age (poor)

Total Posts: 7109

Joined 2005-09-29

PM

Megaton,

FinalFantasy Type 1 announced, through teaser in Type 0 ending…

Joined 2012-07-11

PM

Tembo game play:

Recently completed: Game of Thrones (decent), Tales from the borderlands (great!), Life is Strange (great!), Stasis (good), Annas Quest (great!); Broken Age (poor)

Total Posts: 8998

Joined 2004-01-05

PM

Another Lego game, but they are charming and keep getting a bit better
Jurassic Park:

Joined 2012-07-11

PM

Haha, I actually wasn’t expecting that at the end Smile

That actually looks quite fun though. I’ve only played the Harry Potter ones, so I’m not burnt out on them yet Smile

Joined 2005-09-29

PM

http://www.neogaf.com/forum/showpost.php?p=156122881&postcount=1

FFType0 sleeper JRPG hit.
Great reviews, i knew this game was rad when i played it on PSP in japanese, though waited for localization. So many years and with HD release , its worth it.
Its like Resonance of Fate or Folklore, an oddity in mainstream market but really good while different. Glad it resonated with reviewers who normally grill these type of games.

Joined 2012-07-11

PM

Nintendo sort of talk about their new console: http://t.co/RPn51ZHicp

They also announce games coming to smartphones: http://t.co/evkWB2o0qu
So now we get to see Mario and pals hiding behind our fingers on a small screen. Joy…/sarcasm

Joined 2004-01-05

PM

Tad - 17 March 2015 05:55 AM

Nintendo sort of talk about their new console: http://t.co/RPn51ZHicp

They also announce games coming to smartphones: http://t.co/evkWB2o0qu
So now we get to see Mario and pals hiding behind our fingers on a small screen. Joy…/sarcasm

If that is what they need to stay alive, I’ve got no problem with it (and also no interest in those games). As long as they keep focusing in their home console and handheld.

Total Posts: 2704

Joined 2004-08-02

PM

Nintendo making phone games is the smartest business decision they have made. They have such a big IP in Mario that lots of people know, so the sales are potentially huge. I am just wary about DenA though, because their output has been mediocre at best.

Joined 2012-07-11

PM

Yeah, I guess, it’s just something I dislike. I know in Japan smartphone gaming is huge though, so it’s too be expected.

The console does interest me though. I remember Miyamoto suggesting something that works as both handheld and console at home a while back. One device, for two purposes (also means less divide on their studios working two platforms) would be interesting. Not sure if they’ve done that though.

Total Posts: 990

Joined 2009-05-08

PM

I don’t think moving to smartphones is a smart decision as much as it is an inevitable decision. A smart decision is that unknown unknown that will steal market share away from Sony and Microsoft. I’m not sure that decision even exists.

Meanwhile, apps might do wonders for Nintendo’s bottom line but what else are you getting? There’s already concerns about a dip in the brand’s quality in the post above.

Joined 2012-07-11

PM

Nintendo’s quality has been greatly exaggerated I feel anyway. They tend to pump out the same sort of games every console they bring out. Oh, don’t get me wrong, they’re good well made games, but I feel it’s easy to achieve that if you rarely venture out to the unknown like other games do.

Take their old rival Sega for example. They’ve thrown out some bad stuff, but I give them credit for trying to create something unique.

Joined 2005-09-29

PM

Whole Miyamoto philosophy is to blame, he said once that gamedesign matters characters dont, so he keeps on shoehorning Mario and Kirbys into everything he conceives.
Had it been for him, he would have made Uncharted:Mario’s fortune.
Still this new venture will take time to materialize , wonder what will market look like in next 2 years, with VR and other stuff.

SoccerDude28 - 17 March 2015 12:02 PM

Nintendo making phone games is the smartest business decision they have made.

Not smartest but the only way to go, they have no way to survive, with Investors pushing them for this decision for years since WiiU DoA. They have been delaying it for some reason or another, but realizing they cannot comeup with any new neat idea(like Tad said) to make money other than to capitulate, while sustaining for the meantime by selling toy figures.

Joined 2012-07-11

PM

Can we talk about VR for a moment?

I’m curious as to what people make of it. Personally, I can see some potential for it in certain genre’s, but I don’t think it will be the next way everyone will game. I’m not a huge fan of a display covering your entire vision.

Joined 2004-01-05

PM

I was hugely skeptical about it for a time but now that release dates are starting to show up I’m at least interested in trying it.  E3 will probably have a big focus on it.
Valve ans Sony entering the market is huge.
But I think it’s probably one of those things needs to be experienced to form an opinion.

You are here: HomeForum Home → Gaming → General → Thread

Welcome to the Adventure Gamers forums!

Back to the top