• News
  • Reviews
  • Top Games
  • Search
  • New Releases
  • Daily Deals
  • Forums

Adventure Gamers - Forums

Welcome to Adventure Gamers. Please Sign In or Join Now to post.

You are here: HomeForum Home → Gaming → General → Thread

Post Marker Legend:

• New Topic New posts
  • Old Topic No new posts

Currently online

Support us, by purchasing through these affiliate links

Metal Gear Solid V

Total Posts: 7109

Joined 2005-09-29

PM

wilco - 20 September 2015 02:18 PM

30h into the game, just started the Africa missions, It’s so so good, already my favorite MGS.
The open-world aspects is so well executed, I just love all the planning, scanning the bases and just tackling the missions carefully.

Buddies are also an awesome system but Quiet seems to be a bit owerpowered.

You will love more when you do same missions on different difficulty settings, basically making you to rethink approach as one alarm and game over.
Also i loved doing missions again with different companions, lots of emergent possibilities like Dishonored.

Yes Quiet is overpowered indeed, but hey try fighting Female Skull Snipers on extreme difficulty later on. Tongue

Total Posts: 8998

Joined 2004-01-05

PM

How do I get the S rank? Do I need to replay and do all tasks for the mission? I’ve done missions with no alarms triggered and no kills and maximum I’ve got was A. (Well, I’ve hot an S rank in the Quiet mission but that was small).

I’m still only on mission 22 but done a ton of side ops.

Joined 2005-09-29

PM

wilco - 21 September 2015 08:54 AM

How do I get the S rank? Do I need to replay and do all tasks for the mission? I’ve done missions with no alarms triggered and no kills and maximum I’ve got was A. (Well, I’ve hot an S rank in the Quiet mission but that was small).

I’m still only on mission 22 but done a ton of side ops.

I dont know myself, it has to do with cumulative score maybe.
i will post my S rankings of Extreme missions, you can read the result screen to check yourself what can be the deciding factor Tongue

For your own good, avoid Sideops which are not Yellow.
Do all Yellow sideops, basically story ones and dont do same Missions with different difficulty in Chapter2. just go baack to motherbsae often to trigger cutscenes.
Listen to all the tapes esp yellow ones.
Also , upgrade R&D to lvl2 or 3 and rest to 2.
That will trigger mission 46, the secret ending 1.
Then you can do other missions for getting outfits and weapons and other things.

Finally, you can loose Quiet randomly without game telling you, so make sure to use Butterfly emblem (Front).
Else she will be gone forever.
Once you have done everyhting in the game then trigger her exile mission.

Joined 2004-01-05

PM

nomadsoul - 21 September 2015 09:24 AM

i will post my S rankings of Extreme missions, you can read the result screen to check yourself what can be the deciding factor Tongue

Do all Yellow sideops, basically story ones and dont do same Missions with different difficulty in Chapter2. just go baack to motherbsae often to trigger cutscenes.
Then you can do other missions for getting outfits and weapons and other things.

Finally, you can loose Quiet randomly without game telling you, so make sure to use Butterfly emblem (Front).

Why avoid the sideops? Some of them give new abilities and specialized troops (also the Paz story).
Motherbase is all at level 2 now with the main platform at level 3.
And WTH at randomly loosing Quiet! Have to avoid that, thanks.

Also, Kojima should go work to Ubi and teach them how to make a stealth game Grin

Joined 2005-09-29

PM

wilco - 21 September 2015 10:09 AM
nomadsoul - 21 September 2015 09:24 AM

Why avoid the sideops? Some of them give new abilities and specialized troops (also the Paz story).
Motherbase is all at level 2 now with the main platform at level 3.
And WTH at randomly loosing Quiet! Have to avoid that, thanks.

Also, Kojima should go work to Ubi and teach them how to make a stealth game Grin

You can overpower yourself like the video i posted :p thats why.
You can do them later or now if you are enjoying them :p
Its recommended to go through story missions and yellow sideops.
Some high level weapons can make camps and bosses cakewalk.

The main revelation about paz is revealed when you get to Medical platform level 2, there is a door that can be opened, has nothing to do with sideops.
Only yellow sideops are story related like Emmerich one.
That emmerich one took me an hour, didnt know it needs low level alarm to open his compound doors.

Find paz door when you reach chapter 2.

Total Posts: 1605

Joined 2015-07-01

PM

just started playing this, I got it for christmas and I am really enjoying it so far, the game gives you ton to do and the story is really interesting so far. I even like listening to all those tapes. Some of the base/personal stuff is a little boring to me bc im not a huge fan of RTS/Sim games, but I could understand why some would love it. the gameplay is rock solid for the most part, def a step above ground zeros, and as always I love sneaking around. I have about 10 hrs in and have done about 7 side ops and 5 main ops. Might end up being my second favorite mgs game after mgs1. right now mgs3 is still my second favorite

Joined 2015-07-01

PM

Quiet might be my favorite character right after sniper wolf. This might be my favorite mgs game next to mgs1

Joined 2004-01-05

PM

That reminds that I’m 50h into the game and just started Chapter 2, gotta do all those Side-Ops! Game is awesome and yes, Quiet is the best Smile

Joined 2015-07-01

PM

I’m 25 hrs in an on mission 12. I think there is close to 50 missions

Joined 2004-01-05

PM

Damn it, I’ve read Chapter 2 is disappointing but had no idea how much… Frown the game does seem to end on Mission 31.

Joined 2005-09-29

PM

wilco - 18 January 2016 06:19 AM

Damn it, I’ve read Chapter 2 is disappointing but had no idea how much… Frown the game does seem to end on Mission 31.

Most of the shit is recycled to unlock some new missions and final mission 46 to see the end.
Do yellowside ops and some old missions, see paz and upgrade bases and bonds, you will unlock 46.

Joined 2004-01-05

PM

nomadsoul - 19 January 2016 09:01 AM
wilco - 18 January 2016 06:19 AM

Most of the shit is recycled to unlock some new missions and final mission 46 to see the end.
Do yellowside ops and some old missions, see paz and upgrade bases and bonds, you will unlock 46.

Just saw the cutscene where Eli and the kids run from the Base with the big Metal Gear and seems like I’ll have to do some repeat missions since nothing is showing up and already done all the yellow Side Ops… I don’t get it why Kojima decided it was a good idea to include recycled missions in the main one!!!!!!
Well, at least I got the Quiet dancing in the rain cutscene!

Total Posts: 1338

Joined 2009-08-06

PM

wilco - 23 January 2016 08:30 AM

I don’t get it why Kojima decided it was a good idea to include recycled missions in the main one!!!!!!

Because probably he had too little control in the end product.

Joined 2004-01-05

PM

Origami - 23 January 2016 08:50 AM

I don’t get it why Kojima decided it was a good idea to include recycled missions in the main one!!!!!!

I doubt Konami would have any word in this since it doesn’t really add much to it, they probably were too busy adding the FOB missions and all possible monetization schemes.

Total Posts: 1338

Joined 2009-08-06

PM

wilco - 23 January 2016 08:58 AM
Origami - 23 January 2016 08:50 AM

I doubt Konami would have any word in this since it doesn’t really add much to it, they probably were too busy adding the FOB missions and all possible monetization schemes.

lol…good point. I haven’t played the game honestly so not to familiar with its structure.

You are here: HomeForum Home → Gaming → General → Thread

Welcome to the Adventure Gamers forums!

Back to the top