• Reviews
  • Top Games
  • Search
  • New Releases
  • Daily Deals
  • Forums
continue reading below

Adventure Gamers - Forums

Welcome to Adventure Gamers. Please Sign In or Join Now to post.

You are here: HomeForum Home → Gaming → General → Thread

Post Marker Legend:

• New Topic New posts
  • Old Topic No new posts

Currently online

Keybordz

Support us, by purchasing through these affiliate links

E3, Comic Con,GamesCom,TGS 2014

Total Posts: 8998

Joined 2004-01-05

PM

UPtimist - 29 May 2014 02:16 PM

What is “TR next”?

Tomb Raider next (but it will never be an exclusive Smile )

Joined 2004-01-05

PM

Quantum Break won’t be showing any new stuff at E3 only at gamescom in August,  the game is set for a 2015 release.

Total Posts: 1279

Joined 2012-07-11

PM

Might just be me, but this one seems to have slipped under my radar. Looks stunning. It’s using the Rayman Legends engine:

Recently completed: Game of Thrones (decent), Tales from the borderlands (great!), Life is Strange (great!), Stasis (good), Annas Quest (great!); Broken Age (poor)

Total Posts: 217

Joined 2003-09-12

PM

TimovieMan - 29 May 2014 09:42 AM

I hope that I’m wrong about this, but I can’t help but feel that the Oculus Rift (and VR in general) is going to be a fad that’s going to turn into a niche after just a few years… Meh

You never know, things may turn this way or the other.
I’d say, VR in its current form (low-res, high-latency, etc.), as great and fresh as it is, would probably be a fad for a year or two. It’s great, it’s immersive, it’s fresh, but it’s still basically a video game, only more immersive one (but you have to put on a bulky head-set and deal with motion sickness).

What I think will completely change the ball-game is “presence” (not to be mistaken for immersion). Current DK1 is pretty much unable to deliver it, as it doesn’t meet minimum hardware requirements for presence: below 20 ms latency, 90hz refresh rate, low-persistence, positional tracking… However, I was lucky to get a very brief taste of it and I can say it’s the most amazing thing VR, or any other digital entertainment for that matter, has to offer.
To describe it, presence is some kind of a sudden switch in your brains on a subconscious level. On a conscious level you know what you’re seeing is not real, but your brains are 100% sure it is and you have to convince yourself that it’s not. The feeling is hard to describe (it has nothing to do with the usual “I’m in a video-game” feeling you get as soon as you put the Rift on), but it pretty much changes everything and goes far beyond video games implication.

I’d go as far as saying that VR without presence is not really VR.
My guess is, that in coming years VR and AR will rapidly advance (similar as smart-phones). And advancements will not be made only on HMDs, but also on input/output systems (you want your hands and full body in VR), physics and AI.

It can still fail, of course. But I think chances are pretty slim for that to happen. More likely VR and AR are the next step in evolution of computers.

You can watch good lecture about presence here (first half of the video):

Total Posts: 7109

Joined 2005-09-29

PM

Shit got real

Hope it not another far release.

So goood.

Joined 2012-07-11

PM

This is the only thing that concerns me about this E3. I suspect we’ll see a lot of good looking games, but also a lot of vague release dates. Wouldn’t surprise me if we see a lot not coming out till late 2015 or early 16.

Recently completed: Game of Thrones (decent), Tales from the borderlands (great!), Life is Strange (great!), Stasis (good), Annas Quest (great!); Broken Age (poor)

Joined 2005-09-29

PM

Yup that and lots of spectacle which will be downgraded later , Ubisoft will make
sure of it.

Anyway, new rumors of Systemshock2 x Prey2 x Arkane/bethesda game.

Concept/bits in leaked Docs sound like fans wetdream.

Apparently new MK game will be announced soon too.

Joined 2012-07-11

PM

New rumour about the exclusive. Some are saying Red Dead Redemption 2.

Joined 2005-09-29

PM

New Homefront PC,XB1 and PS4
http://www.computerandvideogames.com/465488/previews/first-look-homefront-the-revolution-brings-guerrilla-warfare-to-an-open-world-fps/

New Forza announced too, Fall crossgen

And

MKX

Reveal trailer

Cheesefest

Joined 2004-01-05

PM

nomadsoul - 02 June 2014 09:13 AM

MKX

Reveal trailer

Cheesefest

The right kind of cheese! lol, except for the music, give me a classic tune…

Confused why Crytek is doing a sequel to the badly reviewed Homefront and not calling a new name

Joined 2005-09-29

PM

Batman: Arkham Knight release date slips to 2015

Joined 2004-01-05

PM

Sony/Microsoft Press conferences will be all about 2015/2016 games?

I’m thinking Nintendo wins E3 because they actually show exclusives for this year!

Joined 2005-09-29

PM

wilco - 03 June 2014 09:57 AM

Sony/Microsoft Press conferences will be all about 2015/2016 games?

I’m thinking Nintendo wins E3 because they actually show exclusives for this year!

Yeah if they make X,bayo2 ans Smashbros this year.

Sony will be barebones with just Driveclub.

M$ will have Forza horizon 2, SOverdrive, D4, KillerInstinct season2 and probably Halo remake.

Asscreeduntiy will sell again as well as farcry as they have no competition.

I think Ubi’s strategy to cluster all dev studios (10 for unity) is better to
release games on time. 

Joined 2012-07-11

PM

Nintendo haven’t really shown that much either mind. Smash bros, maybe X and Hyrule Warriors this year, but I doubt Zelda etc is ready.

Also Telltale have said they’ll announce something tomorrow. Not a new series or episode, but it will be playable at E3.

Total Posts: 990

Joined 2009-05-08

PM

Sony’s showstoppers will be sequels to existing IP while Microsoft will be busy trying to win back their base. This provides an opportunity for Nintendo to steal the spotlight next week.

Nintendo went into emergency mode when the 3DS was initially struggling by announcing popular titles including Mario & Luigi: Dream Team and, my favourite of last year, A Link Between Worlds.

They could do the same for the WiiU since there’s still little information about the exclusives Miyamoto has overseen. There will also be a 90 minute conference devoted to a new 3DS game - what’s that about?

I’m ready to be surprised if Nintendo can provide the hope.

You are here: HomeForum Home → Gaming → General → Thread

Welcome to the Adventure Gamers forums!

Back to the top