• News
  • Reviews
  • Top Games
  • Search
  • New Releases
  • Daily Deals
  • Forums

Adventure Gamers - Forums

Welcome to Adventure Gamers. Please Sign In or Join Now to post.

You are here: HomeForum Home → Gaming → General → Thread

Post Marker Legend:

• New Topic New posts
  • Old Topic No new posts

Currently online

DaleLady KestrelrtrooneySpeedBo

Support us, by purchasing through these affiliate links

Fez

Total Posts: 932

Joined 2004-03-23

PM

Anyone playing Fez?

I just finished (well, “finished”) it - it’s just absolutely brilliant. Unfortunately a lot was spoiled to me in reviews. This is one of those games that you just have to trust and get. The less you know before you play, the better.

Well, okay, the basics (in case you didn’t know): it’s (unfortunately only) for the XBox 360 (Arcarde), it’s a kind of a platformer, only while the view is in 2d, the you can spin the world (view) 90 degrees at a time in 3d, and so you’re looking at the 2d from a new perspective… It definitely reminds me a lot, in many ways, of Portal. The same kind of simple mind-benders that are just amazing.

And the way it’s done - just wonderful. Retro graphics that are still visually stunning, full of colours, genious ideas, quirky little details. And it’s just not as simple as you think at first. There are no enemies or anything, almost no hand-holding, it’s you figuring out how to get from A to B - only, there’s so much more to (and beyond) it than you see on the surface.

And trust me, don’t read anything about the story or anything like that. It’s a brilliant game, reminiscent of Portal, it’s cheap, and you just can’t but love it. Plus, it has replay value.

Oh, one of the best in a long time. Smile

Total Posts: 643

Joined 2006-09-24

PM

I think I read once that this won’t be coming to PC at all. Shame.

Total Posts: 990

Joined 2009-05-08

PM

It’s part of the deal Phil Fish has with Micorsoft. Total 360 exclusivity - it obviously shows what little faith Microsoft has left in PC gaming.

Curiously, this might have been a multiplat had the game not taken so much time to make and the hype hadn’t become so overblown.

Joined 2004-03-23

PM

So, has no one played it? ‘Cause there’s a lot to discuss with all the secrets in the game, how to go about solving them etc…

Total Posts: 2648

Joined 2004-01-18

PM

I havn’t played it, but I hear you have to complete it about 3 times to get all the hidden secrets etc.

Also the latest patch seemingly breaks the game.

An adventure game is nothing more than a good story set with engaging puzzles that fit seamlessly in with the story and the characters, and looks and sounds beautiful.
Roberta Williams

Total Posts: 34

Joined 2006-06-19

PM

I am patiently waiting for Fez to come out on PC. A lot of games that I’ve wanted on Xbox 360 have eventually came out on PC in the end, including Alan Wake and Limbo… okay, I might be waiting a while then! Tongue

I am the founder of Alternative Magazine Online - a UK website offering alternative views on films, games, books, music and more! I am also currently working with Revolution Software co-founder/programmer Tony Warriner on ‘Revolution: The Quest for Game Development Greatness’ - now live on Kickstarter!

Total Posts: 109

Joined 2009-03-01

PM

Game looks really cute and I’ve had my eye on it… sadly don’t have an XBOX though.

Total Posts: 974

Joined 2007-02-23

PM

If only it was out on PS3 I’d be all over it.

Joined 2004-03-23

PM

MartyMcFly - 26 June 2012 10:00 AM

I am patiently waiting for Fez to come out on PC. A lot of games that I’ve wanted on Xbox 360 have eventually came out on PC in the end, including Alan Wake and Limbo… okay, I might be waiting a while then! Tongue

Well, I understand they seriously don’t like Microsoft right now. They had a faulty patch that screws things up for about 1% of the players, and because it costs so much every time to patch in XBLA, they don’t have the money to fix it.

So, I don’t know what kind of a exclusivity MS has, but at least they said that right now they’re wishing they’d gone with a PC-only release…

Total Posts: 2648

Joined 2004-01-18

PM

Seemingly it costs $40,000 to put a patch up on Xbox live.

Schaffer made similar announcements about Costume Quest. There is a game breaking bug in it, but doesn’t effect enough players to be worth spending the money to patch it.

An adventure game is nothing more than a good story set with engaging puzzles that fit seamlessly in with the story and the characters, and looks and sounds beautiful.
Roberta Williams

Total Posts: 990

Joined 2009-05-08

PM

I wanted to bump this thread because I’ve started playing Fez (GoG has the game on sale for 4.99 - you should definitely grab it). The game begins as a conventional scavenger hunt where you’re trying to find golden cubes but you can tell that there are some deeper secrets and puzzles hidden within this world.

I appreciate that the game gives very subtle clues that there is something deeper here rather than integrating them as part of the main cube-hunt quest. The game plays well, haven’t been experiencing any infamous bugs that people have been talking about, it looks fantastic and the Disasterpiece soundtrack is very mellow and relaxing. 

Anyone else playing it?

Total Posts: 7109

Joined 2005-09-29

PM

I just played the trial version on PS4 and loved it.

The perspective puzzle aspects are really clever, its new feeling with all classic soundtrack, style and soundeffects etc.

Will buy it down the line , the music is indeed relaxing, another indie which does great
with minimal artstyle.

Total Posts: 444

Joined 2012-03-30

PM

I’ve just finished this little gem and I’m o__0

I’m kind of sad that it’s in the general section ( yes, it’s not an AG. but, hey, Portal isn’t either Tongue ) and maybe fewer people will learn about its awesomeness.

I love how the game grows on you. It’s starts like a cute and smart platformer/puzzler and becoming much more. I’ve just finished the game (or the first phase of it as it seems) with so many unanswered questions and unsolved puzzles and huge black holes in my interpretation of the story. I’ve googled around and saw a whole bunch of stuff that I couldn’t see before (as the ending was kind of implying that to me) I didn’t know if I wanted to go through the enormous explorable areas again and start working on the hardcore puzzles so I checked the ones that really felt impossible to beat because I was really curious. They vary from really tough to genius but that doesn’t really matter to me because I treat them as optional.

And I love how the whole pixel thing is so well knitted into the very core of this game (story, gameplay, music, appearance) that even the most vigorous pixelgame haters would admit its glory if they ever play it. (silently, without telling anyone else).

I read enormous pages of story interpretations. Some really deep stuff there Smile I encourage people who’ll go through the whole experience to pay special attention to all the murals, paintings and scribbles because most of the story behind the game is told by them.

And finally a big bow before the ending of the game (again o__0) And I second the extremely good soundtrack by Disasterpeace. Can’t wait to hear more of his music in Hyper Light Drifter.

Joined 2004-03-23

PM

Oh, hey, more Fez talk! I love how this thread gets like one post per year when someone finds the game again Grin

Anyways, this just reminded me of the biggest secrets in the game. Like, the three heart cubes. Now, when I played, I had no idea how to get two of them. However, the one in the telescope room I thought was really easy! In fact, I wondered how such an easy puzzle would give out such a rare reward (I hadn’t read about any of the secrets at that point, so it was a surprise to me what I got).

Then I’ve gone to read about the solutions to these secrets, and I look at the solution to that one and it’s crazy complicated! So, either I’m more gifted than I know or I just accidentally managed to hit the right answer Wink

What I did was, when I saw the two blinking red lights, I just RT/LT accordingly when they blinked and eventually got the cube. Apparently the “correct” solution is transforming that blinking to binary, then transforming that to letters, then using that for the solution… Oh well, my way was easier Grin

Total Posts: 2

Joined 2015-06-07

PM

I just see the videogame on indiegame the movie, i think looks great, if have the chance to play will be online game, sadly not will be 2nd part of the game.

I like play games and im studying game design so soon will start making my own games.\\n\\nPlay online games for free http://www.gamefreelance.com

You are here: HomeForum Home → Gaming → General → Thread

Welcome to the Adventure Gamers forums!

Back to the top