• News
  • Reviews
  • Top Games
  • Search
  • New Releases
  • Daily Deals
  • Forums

Adventure Gamers - Forums

Welcome to Adventure Gamers. Please Sign In or Join Now to post.

You are here: HomeForum Home → Gaming → Adventure → Thread

Post Marker Legend:

• New Topic New posts
  • Old Topic No new posts

Currently online

Support us, by purchasing through these affiliate links

Time for a new community playthrough

Total Posts: 505

Joined 2005-07-07

PM

The Black Mirror from 2003 is 9.99 euros on Steam and GOG (should be the same in dollars).

https://store.steampowered.com/app/292930/Black_Mirror_I/

https://www.gog.com/game/the_black_mirror

I didn’t vote for it but may tag along anyway. I’ve played it 2 or 3 times in the past. It’s a game I have a soft spot for, maybe because it came out around the time I had recently rediscovered the adventure game genre. I haven’t played it for many years now though.

The Black Mirror from 2017 was a disappointment, to put it mildly…

Total Posts: 1238

Joined 2016-04-08

PM

Fortunately, I have the three Black Mirror games in Steam (probably I got them at some sale), wating for the right moment to be played. And this CPT is the right moment for the first one.

Currently translating Strangeland into Spanish. Wish me luck, or send me money to my Paypal haha

Total Posts: 645

Joined 2017-08-27

PM

I’m not sure if we’re waiting for some kind of official ending of the current playthrough (and if we do - please disregard this message), but it seems we can start voting again?To be frank, I don’t even have a game to offer as of now, just wanted to see who wants to offer what and continue playing through games with fellow adventure pals.

Total Posts: 7432

Joined 2013-08-26

PM

I nominate (and will lead) The Case of the Golden Idol. I almost guarantee that fans of Obra Dinn will like this game. You use your little gray cells to play detective, combine the many clues, find out who killed who and why.

See you around, wolf. Nerissa

Total Posts: 8471

Joined 2011-10-21

PM

Great suggestion! I vote for The Case of the Golden Idol!

A CPT is the best way to get a game out of the pits of my backlog, and this is one I’m really interested in!

The truth can’t hurt you, it’s just like the dark: it scares you witless but in time you see things clear and stark. - Elvis Costello
Maybe this time I can be strong, but since I know who I am, I’m probably wrong. Maybe this time I can go far, but thinking about where I’ve been ain’t helping me start. - Michael Kiwanuka

Joined 2017-08-27

PM

You sold me on this game Karlok! I just got original + DLC bundle (both are on sale). I will vote for Golden Idol, and even if the game doesn’t win - I’ll just enjoy this on my own and post it somewhere here.

Total Posts: 5568

Joined 2008-01-09

PM

Voting for CP #78 will continue until midnight GMT on Saturday, May 20.

The Case of the Golden Idol (3) - Karlok (leader), TimovieMan, DCast

These games were nominated for the previous playthrough:
Colossal Cave Adventure (1976)
The Council
Dexter Stardust: Adventures in Outer Space
Dreams in the Witch House
The Epsilon Outcome
Loom
The Lost Crown
Norco
Normality
Syberia 4

Carpe chocolate.

Total Posts: 4249

Joined 2005-04-14

PM

Karlok - 06 May 2023 04:52 PM

I almost guarantee that fans of Obra Dinn will like this game.

I heard that (thanks!), but can’t take the bait: too much outdoor activities in this time of the year.
Besides, I prefer to play clever games like OD and TCotGI on my own (at my own pace).

BTW, the best part of the year for playing AGs (for me) is from December to February.

Everybody wants to be Cary Grant.
Even Me.

-Cary Grant

Total Posts: 5813

Joined 2012-03-24

PM

I could see why Obra Dinn is so well thought of but as it didn’t really grab me enough to continue with (so far) I wasn’t sure about The Case of the Golden Idol.

Anyway I tried the demo, really liked it & am interested in playing more so please include my vote for The Case of the Golden Idol!

I’d also like to nominate Memento Mori 2.

Joined 2008-01-09

PM

The Case of the Golden Idol (4) - Karlok (leader), TimovieMan, DCast, Chrissie

Memento Mori 2 (1) - Chrissie

Carpe chocolate.

Total Posts: 7432

Joined 2013-08-26

PM

zobraks - 07 May 2023 01:30 AM

Besides, I prefer to play clever games like OD and TCotGI on my own (at my own pace).

I get that. As you may (or may not) remember, I dropped out of the Obra Dinn CP for the same reason. But I hope you will play TCotGI and post your comments later. Perhaps in December, January or February.

Already 4 potential CPT participants. Looking good.  Cool

See you around, wolf. Nerissa

Total Posts: 4249

Joined 2005-04-14

PM

Karlok - 08 May 2023 12:21 PM

I hope you will play TCotGI and post your comments later. Perhaps in December, January or February.

Oh yes, yes for sure. I did so in the OD playthrough.
In fact we both posted a lot in that thread after the playthrough had been finished long ago.

Everybody wants to be Cary Grant.
Even Me.

-Cary Grant

Total Posts: 5813

Joined 2012-03-24

PM

I’ll also nominate The Safe Place, a game by the same developer that gave us Little Kite & Repentance.

I’ll offer to lead this game (which is not preachy btw) but does include infuriating adventure gaming fare i.e. ‘inventory combination chains’ where you think you’ve got it but not quite…........you know what I mean!  Laughing

Joined 2008-01-09

PM

The Case of the Golden Idol (4) - Karlok (leader), TimovieMan, DCast, Chrissie

Memento Mori 2 (1) - Chrissie
The Safe Place (1) - Chrissie (leader)

Carpe chocolate.

Joined 2017-08-27

PM

Please add my vote for The Safe Place.
I bought it after trying the demo because it strongly reminded me of some bleak moments of my childhood.
I haven’t played it yet because it strongly reminded me of some bleak moments of my childhood.
Essentially, I was waiting for the right mood, but I can definitely give it a go as community playthrough with others.

I’d give my vote to Memento Mori 2 as well, but apparently, I only own the first part and the second is $25 on Steam (kinda rare for an older game), and I’m not sure it’s worth it, so I’d rather wait for a sale.

You are here: HomeForum Home → Gaming → Adventure → Thread

Welcome to the Adventure Gamers forums!

Back to the top