• News
  • Reviews
  • Top Games
  • Search
  • New Releases
  • Daily Deals
  • Forums

Adventure Gamers - Forums

Welcome to Adventure Gamers. Please Sign In or Join Now to post.

You are here: HomeForum Home → Gaming → Adventure → Thread

Post Marker Legend:

• New Topic New posts
  • Old Topic No new posts

Currently online

apignarbCharophyceanJdawg445

Support us, by purchasing through these affiliate links

AG OST

Total Posts: 8720

Joined 2012-01-02

PM

Firewatch was an inspiration to many similar games came afterwards, but does this make Firewatch an original concept, well, actually there is nothing new that Firewatch have had offered; The walkie-talkie interaction in Firewatch is inspired by the relationship in BioShock between the player character and Atlas, and the dialog system is exactly from The Walking Dead and the ttg games.

But thats not strange since Campo Santo the developer company that made Firewatch was created by Sean Vanaman, who was the creative leader at The development of The Walking Dead.

As for the controversial story about does Firewatch falls under the adventure genre umbrella or not, well i will say my opinion; i will say ‘Aww Yiss’, and however, i will not go more through why and how, as this thread is about soundtracks and i have gone too far off the subject already. Tongue

Chris Remo the composer of the magnificent soundtrack of Firewatch is also a developer of many other un-adventure-games, but he was behind the magnificent OST of Gone Home just the same.

Firewatch - Beartooth Point

Total Posts: 7109

Joined 2005-09-29

PM

This year have been great in terms of out of the box themes and stories in AGs

Detention had great ost, one of my fav track (silenthill vibes)

And Observer Credits with Bladerunner synths

Joined 2012-01-02

PM

it is amazing or let me say unbelievable how the synths Vangelis had ‘created’ are still up to date until today!

Joined 2012-01-02

PM

Benny Oschmann again shines thru The Book Of Unwritten Tales 2 compositions, and as me not liking the game that much, it has nuthing to do with giving each one behind the game his own credits, and soundtracks has many times before exceeded the quality of the game, so its nuthin new, and please don’t mind me, this is my own opinion and i have made even a thread about why didn’t i like TBoUT2.

Benny Oschmann knows how to not repeat himself thru the game when it has different given outlooks/outputs, from a luxurious palace. to a mid-age county, to some underground-sewers. and pharaonic temple or pyramid, like the one i am sharing here.

The Book of Unwritten Tales 2 - The pyramid

hope Shakes & Fidgets brings KING Art Games to its TBoUT part 1 glory.

Joined 2012-01-02

PM

This would maybe the fourth or fifth time i cover a game i never played, but listening to
Professor Layton and the Diabolical Box  - Main Theme  was like AWW!! ...WTF have i just heard, and WTH have i missed!.

And when i found a track played LIVE! rather the main theme recorded for the game, i was so intrigued to share with you.

Total Posts: 419

Joined 2003-09-12

PM

Advie - 03 November 2017 03:13 PM

This would many the fourth or fifth time i cover a game i never played, but listening to
Professor Layton and the Diabolical Box  - Main Theme  was like AWW!! ...WTF have i just heard, and WTH have i missed!.

And when i found a track played LIVE! rather the main theme recorded for the game, i was so intrigued to share with you.

Yes, all Layton games have great soundtracks. So have the Ace Attorney games (they’re even slightly better IMO). That’s why I hold the crossover games OST as one of the best.  Thumbs Up

NP: A Link Between Worlds, Beneath a Steel Sky and Vampyr

Joined 2012-01-02

PM

Thanks Henke!, i’ve added the Phoenix Wright: Ace Attorney Track to the overview. magnificent!  . ...Opera-Rock, reminds of Savatage.

Joined 2012-01-02

PM

please delete, sorry for much things that i ask from you Admins “_

Joined 2012-01-02

PM

The Lost Crown: a Ghosthunting Adventure - The Living Hills

its so strange that i did not cover this game sound track since i started this thread 4-5 years ago, but here i go Smile,  maybe i was keeping for a Halloween but even that is late.

The soundtrack of the game is scary ‘by all means’ of this word!.
This reminds of story that lived when was just young boy getting into music business, (ah, dont bear with me here) when i was just a young amateur at the music business; some client came to me and told me we needed funny music for a trailer of a funny show, Ooh NO that not what he said to me exactly, he said we need a laughing piece of music, i dropped the job; asking myself what the hell is laughing music, does it tickles ye once you hear it, does it makes you LOL once its played!!!

By time when i grew up in age and in Music business i have gotten the picture, most talking men working for media production company (here at Egypt) dont have any idea about music first of all, and thus they dont know how to express the job needed at music or any other branch, they could only accountants or Jobs schedule arrangers, and there are no defection at trying to propose the job is right or acceptable way as saying “we need kind of funny music the accompanies a show that is supposed to be funny and cheerful”. the guy wasn’t wrong i knew that later, but i had a small understanding of the business, and how everyone is responsible for his part of the job only and doesn’t need to be having any idea about the other working people/parts other’s.

its like Jig-saw puzzle, each one by it self is a picture (even if doesn’t make any sense alone by itself) but its important because when its arranged with all the others we see the whole big picture of the project/of-the-collective-jobs-done-all-together.

BACK TO THE POINT: The Lost Crown: a Ghosthunting Adventure tracks are really scary, and they hit me quite right, they adds so much terrifying feelings to the game’s playing, thru locations, atmosphere and dialogues.

The music is Composed by Jonathan Boakes* himself.
*needs confirmation

Joined 2012-01-02

PM

Earthworms as i started it, it gives me the Angel Heart vibe in a sec, a private eye who doesn’t take but small cases finds himself suddenly on great ordeal given by a father to search for his daughter disappearance.

Daniel White wears the exact trench coat Harry Angel Wore even in the same color, he is depressive, also with music accompanied (which is magnificent) that you hardly can tell if it is really music or just ambient sounds, Piotr Surmacz did that very well, a Polish composer not really known, yet, but i salute him for his work that immersed me to the bone to game.

Earthworms - Intro

Earthworms   - Forest

Joined 2012-01-02

PM

CHUCHEL is a good game but its problem that it came outta Amanita Design itself, because when you hear this name instantly great things and memories come to your mind Botanicula Machinarium, Samorost which all them were real adventures with exploration, and full of life, which CHUCHELisnt they also were unmatched with their Quality .

CHUCHEL maybe would have targeted 3 years old kids? 

i dont know, but since when adventure games was about levels; finish that level to get the 2nd level and so on and on… and what is crazier that Daedalic had done the same thing with FIRE only months before, which was a big misstep for Daedalic!, and typically CHUCHEL is given with the same style of the game playing!!?

But for its soundtrack, i must give it full mark on every single track. its good as Botanicula but nuthing yet, sorry, close to Machinarium. Smile

The composer is the DVA band, they collaborated with Amanita since
Botanicula and Samorost3 and everything Amanita Design gave or will be given since then Meh .
i Suggest you vist their site they have really good tunes

CHUCHEL - Buena Vista Chuchel Club

CHUCHEL - Chuchlegg

Joined 2012-01-02

PM

Dont forget the listen to the whole Thread Overview of 169 games’ soundtracks covered so far.

——-

Sometimes i ask myself did Monkey Island make the genre or a simpler question what would the genre have been if there wasn’t that Piratey theme of Monkey-Island(s)

Nelly Cootalot II: The Fowl Fleet was the nearest one of perfection to the MI-sub-genre.

The game is full of giggles hear & there, but yet it lost the non-linearity of MI.

The best was the characters introduced thru the game, tho they weren’t much but they were they were so MI(y).

Nikolas Sideris the composer whom he happened to compose Resonance  (Wadjet-Eye) & A Tale of Two Kingdoms (Crystal Shard), and while it feels silly for me to criticize a man of such caliber but i gonna do it anyway Laughing

His approach was too classical; the kind of the approaches expected from classical-British Treasure Island’s soundtracks, but was it sumthing he agreed on with Beckett and given to Beckett origin i wouldn’t be surprised at all, but from my humble POV i ve seen games winning the comedy card as Monkey Island which had used Reggie or ReggueTone, and that was what made of Monkey Island(s) feels silly and gave the perfect atmosphere needed to comedy.

Nelly Cootalot II: The Fowl Fleet - Finale Credits

Total Posts: 72

Joined 2017-03-27

PM

I haven’t played CHUCHEL yet but, thanks to Advie’s post, I am amazed that a Czech game developer and a Czech band would tip their hats to the Buena Vista Social Club which is a Cuban group. It has to be a deliberate reference - too close for a coincidence. Music does make this a small world.

http://www.buenavistasocialclub.com/

Joined 2012-01-02

PM

Most Adventurers believe that Simon the Sorcerer games are only the first two, Nostalgia and Originality is two aspects you can’t argue with, or it is a lost cause.

The 4th and 5th were decent adventurers as well imo, especially the fourth Simon the Sorcerer: Chaos Happens.
Silver Style Entertainment had done some nice AGs between the years 2007-2009, starting with this one, but it seems things didn’t go well for them with the genre.

Thomas Herrmann, a name that comes out a lot when i am searching for the composer of German adventures, at Simon the Sorcerer: Chaos Happens you will hear original, electronic music plays in the background throughout, but it seems he had done his least effort here rather than composing. The themes or the music final output are all done some electronic moduler, without any live instrument, making the sound kinda boring, or at least just tickling with the least notch at the immersing meter. 

Simon the Sorcerer: Chaos Happens - Intro Titles

Total Posts: 1167

Joined 2013-02-12

PM

Jofog - 21 October 2018 05:02 PM

I haven’t played CHUCHEL yet but, thanks to Advie’s post, I am amazed that a Czech game developer and a Czech band would tip their hats to the Buena Vista Social Club which is a Cuban group. It has to be a deliberate reference - too close for a coincidence. Music does make this a small world.

http://www.buenavistasocialclub.com/

One of the tracks on the Botanicula soundtrack was called “mrs mushroom likes LCD soundsystem”, so they’re not afraid to show their eclectic influences!

You are here: HomeForum Home → Gaming → Adventure → Thread

Welcome to the Adventure Gamers forums!

Back to the top