• News
  • Reviews
  • Top Games
  • Search
  • New Releases
  • Daily Deals
  • Forums

Adventure Gamers - Forums

Welcome to Adventure Gamers. Please Sign In or Join Now to post.

You are here: HomeForum Home → Gaming → Adventure → Thread

Post Marker Legend:

• New Topic New posts
  • Old Topic No new posts

Currently online

Support us, by purchasing through these affiliate links

AG OST

Total Posts: 8720

Joined 2012-01-02

PM

I had to bring this thread atop of the pile; since i had a chance ‘finally’ to finish/complete that THREAD OVERVIEW, and however; i went through every single post/track i made here, and saw that this (more than a whole year work amount of collecting..) was the best thing i ever made at these forums since the day i joined.

Joined 2012-01-02

PM

Old news 1st encountered, today:-

Pedro Macedo Camacho - Try and Forget Me (vocals by Maria José Leal) - 1954: Alcatraz OST, early posted and chosen of the game’s (O)ST tracks, a year ago!, had been nominated at NAVGTR Video Game Contest for the BEST (2014) SONG, ORIGINAL OR ADAPTED. but (at the end) the prize (announced February 16th)  went for Infamous: Second Son - “Heart-Shaped Box” (NirvanaHeart

Total Posts: 1289

Joined 2012-07-15

PM

Advie - 20 April 2015 11:38 AM

Old news 1st encountered, today:-

Pedro Macedo Camacho - Try and Forget Me (vocals by Maria José Leal) - 1954: Alcatraz OST, early posted and chosen of the game’s (O)ST tracks, a year ago!

I thought 1954 Alcatraz was a pretty mediocre game, but one thing they did right was the music. It had an excellent jazzy soundtrack.

Duckman: Can you believe it? Five hundred bucks for a parking ticket?
Cornfed Pig: You parked in a handicapped zone.
Duckman: Who cares? Nobody parks there anyway, except for the people who are supposed to park there and, hell, I can outrun them anytime.

Joined 2012-01-02

PM

i agree, i didn’t even finish it out of boredom, but its great to see ags soundtrack among the mainstream’s nominees.
also Elijah Wood role wins at PERFORMANCE IN A COMEDY, LEAD. and Tex Murphy’s was nominated. http://navgtr.org/winners/

Total Posts: 6584

Joined 2007-07-22

PM

Advie asked me to do a couple of OSTs… being a music enthusiast myself, he didn’t have to ask me twice…

Today, we have “your-favorite” King’s Quest 8: Mask of Eternity by the trio Ben Houge, Kevin Manthei and Mark Seibert (Mark also co-designed the game with Roberta Williams), which had as sinister and intense OST as fans’ reaction to the game. Smile For this opportunity, though, and as I’m in the “acoustic mood” lately, I’m choosing the guitar theme “Remembering Daventry” which plays “as Connor fondly remembers his loved ones turned to stone (while he pillages their homes)”.

I liked the game for it was (action adventure), though my bigger problem was that it was leaning more toward the “horror” side than the serene, calm scenes with green pastures from previous installments. Smile You’ll know what I’m talking about once you meet Lord Azriel…

Recently finished: Four Last Things 4/5, Edna & Harvey: The Breakout 5/5, Chains of Satinav 3,95/5, A Vampyre Story 88, Sam Peters 3/5, Broken Sword 1 4,5/5, Broken Sword 2 4,3/5, Broken Sword 3 85, Broken Sword 5 81, Gray Matter 4/5\nCurrently playing: Broken Sword 4, Keepsake (Let\‘s Play), Callahan\‘s Crosstime Saloon (post-Community Playthrough)\nLooking forward to: A Playwright’s Tale

Joined 2012-01-02

PM

Joined 2012-01-02

PM

There is something about Dead Synchronicity: Tomorrow Comes Today OST!

Its very captivating, tho at first while i wondered if this game had a classical, dark soundtrack, instead of indie progressive rock band/music, but i was wrong; just after a less than half an hour into the adventure i couldn’t get enough of the music. Even that one theme/place/track Dead Synchronicity - Suicide Park that i felt disturbed at/by, but for great reasons i found this was just more than perfect; the music aided this feeling much to that (already) dammed disturbing place, that i always wanted to get the hell out of it, as fast as i can!  ..Just Wow!

My fav tracks were:
Dead Synchronicity - The Dissolved
Dead Synchronicity - Get Out of Here
Dead Synchronicity - Morphine Blues
Dead Synchronicity - Doomsday City
Dead Synchronicity - My Rough And Rowdy Ways

Soundtrack & Music by: Kovalski (Band)
My rough and rowdy ways(song) by: Bill Cox

The Soundtracks are available at GoG and Steam

Joined 2012-01-02

PM

I would sell/trade one of my guitars to get a machine/PC that runs Perry Rhodan: The Immortals of Terra/Myth of the Illochim

The game is the best styled Sci-Fi, that holds the best AAA 3D graphics of a traditional adventure game, i had ever seen until today.

Not much i can say about the soundtracks since i cant get hold of it or the game anymore, but i just watched a full playthrough, and i wish i didn’t, because it just breaks my heart that 3D-io (the developers) are not making any effort to help this wonderful game being playable on modern machines. It was a great game, where you “get stuck” a lot, and eventually doesn’t belong the “TTG Era”

Perry Rhodan: The Immortals of Terra - In-Game Intro

Perry Rhodan: The Immortals of Terra - Outro Music
sorry for the quality of the music sample

Composer: Martin Rosengarten

Joined 2012-01-02

PM

Matthias Kempke main inspiration at designing adventure games is The Curse of Monkey Island, its also his first AG and the one that got him hooked, we see that this is very obvious at What Makes You Tick: A Stitch in Time where he used the exact TCoMI interface (verb coin), inventory, exit arrows…etc. he also claim that this was the case at his third adventure The Night of the Rabbit, TCoMI being his main inspiration beside Wind of the Willows.

At the year 2001 he mailed Jonathan Ackley director of The Curse of Monkey Island to ask him how to get into the position to be able to make such fine games, he replied and told him in a pretty long and friendly mail that the best way is to make your own game and show it around, and now he is on the top of the world!.

What Makes You Tick: A Stitch in Time - Full Soundtrack(s) 
The game can be downloaded and played on line (free), at the same soundtrack link, above.

Composer: Justin R.Durban

P.S: References here are from Jack Allin Interview with Matthias Kempke, 2012.

Joined 2012-01-02

PM

We always remember Victoria from Still Life, but honestly playing as Gus had always got the best of me, the immersion sustained while playing as Gus is rarely matchable, the feeling of danger; the overcoming of a mad dog, sneaking in to search a psycho killer flat, escaping the police shootout hunt, investigating a chief police office that is expected anytime.. etc, all these formulas had created a pressured desirable themes (even for an adventure game), and a pump adrenaline situations, made me clutched to the game and unable to quite, at least until a chapter was over.

Tom Salta (Composer) is not an ordinary video games musician, he was well known for his 15 years (at the time and 25 now) of music producing, writing, mixing, arranging, programming and touring with artists such as Peter Gabriel, Mary J. Blige, Whitney Houston, Cher, and Deep Forest ...etc, and for an experience like this, it wasn’t strange how great Still Life Soundtracks were; strong-dark-hardcore-immersive-music, that creates a main layer to the games success.

Still Life - Chicago 2
Still Life - Follow The Path

Joined 2012-01-02

PM

Uh finaly! , i mean;  something is worthy of bringing the thread back into life,  again! .
Syberia III - MAIN THEME

dont you just Love Heart,  the different ‘oriental’ approach Inon Zur is taking with this new Syberia,  keeping in mind that by the time Syberia2 was out, he had almost been following Dimitri Bodiansky & Nicolas Varley‘s original score/theme of the original Syberia.
Now it might be at his best to bring a new total direction (which is already kinda obvious) into production; of his own vision, and style! without being necessarily attached to the original composers-theme/output?  or maybe its due to the long period factor of time added here, than how it was before between the first two parts, to bring that total different output (or mayhap the new story demands?).

Well, anyways this title had captured my hype, badly.

Total Posts: 523

Joined 2010-02-08

PM

Advie - 09 August 2015 12:16 AM

Uh finaly! , i mean;  something is worthy of bringing   the thread back into life,  again! .
Syberia III - MAIN THEME

The link didn’t work for me but I Googled it and this one did. Gorgeous theme!

Total Posts: 2978

Joined 2012-03-09

PM

Yes, great theme!  Smile
Let’s hope the rest of the soundtrack is of equal quality.

Joined 2012-01-02

PM

Thanks Cali, and welcome home Heart

Joined 2012-01-02

PM

I have all the freetime in the world these days, so i let me give it a waste over a total unworthy adventure, with too much of great potential down the drain.

Goin’ Downtown is an adventure that should be rated with minus, the game is soo stupid and big a waste in every matter/manner, first of all anyone need to know about a/the game which being played (all along) over several small number of locations, which the designer had adjusted and readjusted them for three different timing/situation(s); Day, Night and A Virtual-Real-Time-Investigation-Simulation’s (that let you live the past events); each of the three timing/situation(s) had the designer to do the most-mini-minimum work over the background/art work, sometimes not even noticeable, or can i say ‘does not exist’ (between night and day), and the third (the Investigation-Simulation) had him adding just that greenish lighting effect over the scenes, as if this does it! (nothing more)..

Again, this is an adventure that seem as one of those suggesting (No, confirming) that it had trouble issues behind the scene while developing, logically for budget expenses reduction (esp. since the game hasn’t been released in English yet, or ever ‘as a matter of speech’) or the devs had lost interest somewhere at the first quarter of its development ‘LOL’, but that is just too ridiculous to think of than it sounds, it was always about financials matters.

The change between day and night might give the player/reader an optimistic idea for great kind of puzzles to be encountered through those switches, such as it was with the same developer who had given the amazing (IMO)Everlight, but believe it or not, there is nothing of that, the only puzzle (if i ‘excuse me’ call it ‘a puzzle’) is about going to a place and because you are really stuck (Sarcasm) you remember hearing there is someone (you need to find) only available at the night, and out of desperation ‘all you need’ is to switch for night (shift)! (can you believe it?!)

The game above all holds some great question marks about ‘morals’, first of all; the story is about how in future prostitutes (oh, those honest and noble) being used and wiped off the citizenship record for good, in the benefit of the 1st category wealthy citizens, plus this; (which might blow your head off), you get to buy drugs for some addict prostitute ‘you play as a cop, btw’, ‘the defender and prostitutes’, ‘Hail larry Laffer’ Naughty Sarcastic Laughing  to help her on her feet, to be able to interrogate her! .

The game holds very nice soundtracks (maybe the best thing about it) of synthesized, electronic and techno music, mostly intriguing they leaning over the oriental sound, Goin’ Downtown - Track#6

Music composed by Thomas Herrmann (composer of most of Silver Style Entertainment games)

P.S: i know i took a wild far drift of this thread concept, but i couldn’t help it, to bring these matters, i haven’t encountered at any review for the game over the net.

You are here: HomeForum Home → Gaming → Adventure → Thread

Welcome to the Adventure Gamers forums!

Back to the top