• News
  • Reviews
  • Top Games
  • Search
  • New Releases
  • Daily Deals
  • Forums

Adventure Gamers - Forums

Welcome to Adventure Gamers. Please Sign In or Join Now to post.

You are here: HomeForum Home → Gaming → Adventure → Thread

Post Marker Legend:

• New Topic New posts
  • Old Topic No new posts

Currently online

diegoJdawg445Lady Kestrelrtrooney

Support us, by purchasing through these affiliate links

Two Guys from Andromeda (Space Quest creators) on Kickstarter

Total Posts: 25

Joined 2007-10-11

PM

Chrono-Serge - 20 May 2012 03:01 PM
Eregian - 20 May 2012 09:05 AM

IMO the least interesting adventure game related kickstarter project. Seriously doubting about pledging.

Never playing a SQ game before certainly isn’t helping my sentiment. On the other side, crowdsourcing (aka removing the need of a publisher) is a movement we need to support.

I’m putting this one on hold. We’ll see in the coming days/weeks.

Maybe you should try to play some of them, and then see if you are interested in this kickstarter Smile.

A sound idea, off to GOG. Well, I would if I had the time. I’ll put them on my to-do list. Problem is, funding the new project is limited in time. Will keep you guys posted.

Run you pigeons, it’s Robert Frost!

Total Posts: 16

Joined 2005-08-06

PM

Jatsie - 20 May 2012 01:02 PM

I’ve never really been a big Space Quest fan. I’ve been trying to play the SQ2 VGA remake recently to see if I can get into it, and so far it’s not bearing fruit. I’m not connecting with the story, I don’t see the humour in it, and those frequent deaths which everyone seems to love just bug me.

SQ2 is OK, I suppose, but I would rather recommend SQ3 or SQ4 as the highlights of their work. And yeah, if deaths bug you, not sure what to tell you there.

Total Posts: 1891

Joined 2010-11-16

PM

more evidence to the effect the first demo had: we ponied up to 200k to get the benchmark and now we might not even move to 201k until that demo gets released, everybody wants to see it before making any more decisions.

Total Posts: 77

Joined 2003-09-10

PM

pcj - 20 May 2012 03:22 PM
Jatsie - 20 May 2012 01:02 PM

I’ve never really been a big Space Quest fan. I’ve been trying to play the SQ2 VGA remake recently to see if I can get into it, and so far it’s not bearing fruit. I’m not connecting with the story, I don’t see the humour in it, and those frequent deaths which everyone seems to love just bug me.

SQ2 is OK, I suppose, but I would rather recommend SQ3 or SQ4 as the highlights of their work. And yeah, if deaths bug you, not sure what to tell you there.

I’m pretty sure bad design principles like having to start all over when dying and pixel hunting will not be present in the modern games.

Total Posts: 8998

Joined 2004-01-05

PM

200K reached - and now to wait for the next update.

Total Posts: 40

Joined 2006-11-08

PM

LIVE video chat with the two guys, to discuss the SpaceVenture project and Space Quest!

http://www.twitch.tv/andromedaguys Join the discussion!

“That was, without a doubt, one of the finest examples of bunny snatching I’ve ever seen!”  - Narrator, Space Quest 4: Roger Wilco and the Time Rippers

Twitter: @TravisAC85

Total Posts: 990

Joined 2009-05-08

PM

The interface will be a hybrid of point and click AND text parser!

Here’s some artwork that Mark did for the second prototype:
http://i.imgur.com/mHBot.png
http://i.imgur.com/jlXF7.jpg
http://i.imgur.com/ImHkd.png

It looks delightfully retro.

Total Posts: 1891

Joined 2010-11-16

PM

hoow long will it take them to realize they just need to change the schedule format for these demos Tongue
and wow, they really are going “the retro” route. Another big risk, but it just makes me want them to succeed even more.

Total Posts: 990

Joined 2009-05-08

PM

The LiveStream is over. Here’s some of the surviving artwork from the Space Quest series (it includes concept art for Space Quest 7!)

http://imgur.com/a/0nxRq

Please make this game happen.

Total Posts: 212

Joined 2005-10-07

PM

The live chat was fun. I really liked their artwork, I wish they’d upload it somewhere so I could marvel at it in hi-res. It’s the sort of thing they really want to be spreading around right now to drum up more interest. I for one am always enticed by a bright colourful image. Wink

Joined 2005-08-06

PM

Jatsie - 20 May 2012 11:56 PM

The live chat was fun. I really liked their artwork, I wish they’d upload it somewhere so I could marvel at it in hi-res. It’s the sort of thing they really want to be spreading around right now to drum up more interest. I for one am always enticed by a bright colourful image. Wink

I hope you’re happy.

Total Posts: 643

Joined 2006-09-24

PM

Part of me thinks that this kickstarter could have benefited by waiting until later in the summer to launch. I really hope it succeeds, but right now a huge boost is needed. Reddit AMA? More press like Jane had? They already have almost 4000 backers, and if pledge averages hold they’ll need a few thousand more.

Joined 2005-08-06

PM

Or a lot of the existing backers will need to up their pledge. Smile

Total Posts: 212

Joined 2005-10-07

PM

pcj - 20 May 2012 11:57 PM

I hope you’re happy.

Wooo, it’s pretty! ^_^

Total Posts: 245

Joined 2006-05-20

PM

Nice art. I’m not sure why some called it retro, its looks quite modern to me. Is the second prototype out?

You are here: HomeForum Home → Gaming → Adventure → Thread

Welcome to the Adventure Gamers forums!

Back to the top