• News
  • Reviews
  • Top Games
  • Search
  • New Releases
  • Daily Deals
  • Forums

Adventure Gamers - Forums

Welcome to Adventure Gamers. Please Sign In or Join Now to post.

You are here: HomeForum Home → Gaming → General → Thread

Post Marker Legend:

• New Topic New posts
  • Old Topic No new posts

Currently online

walas74

Support us, by purchasing through these affiliate links

New KS by Keiji Inafune of Megaman

Total Posts: 7109

Joined 2005-09-29

PM

http://www.kickstarter.com/projects/mightyno9/mighty-no-9?ref=search

And he has assembled dream team, 2p productions, benjudd and same music composer.

Edit:

Has to best KS video, so many old memories. 2P Thumbs Up

Total Posts: 8998

Joined 2004-01-05

PM

Not a big Megaman fan besides 2 and 3, but it’s good to see more japan developers jumping in.

Someone get Cing developers to kickstart a new adventure Frown

Total Posts: 2704

Joined 2004-08-02

PM

Pretty impressive so far. He amassed more than 500K in about 24 hours.

Joined 2005-09-29

PM

SoccerDude28 - 01 September 2013 12:17 PM

Pretty impressive so far. He amassed more than 500K in about 24 hours.

Almost 600k now, thanks to Crapcom who played with emotions of fans and never
made new megaman. I am glad they didnt, would have killed the franchise by
outsourcing.

Now fans who were hungry and pissed are in full force to support it.

Total Posts: 974

Joined 2007-02-23

PM

Not the biggest Mega Man fan, but I’m really interested in 2P Productions documenting the process. I’d just like to know how extensively they’d be involved as I don’t really want to back the game itself, especially not since it’s a PC release. Platformers - to me - belong on consoles.

Total Posts: 990

Joined 2009-05-08

PM

Just when you think the Kickstarter trend has ran out of steam, a bomb like this drops. This project is going to rake in millions and I’ve already pledged.

Why didn’t Capcom do something like this in the first place to complete Mega Man Legends 3? I guess it takes vision and brass courage to be a Keiji Inafune or a Tim Schafer.

Total Posts: 523

Joined 2010-02-08

PM

Regarding 2 Player Productions, this stretch goal seems to clarify the extent of their potential involvement:

$2,000,000: The Making of Mighty No. 9 Video Documentary

Get an in-depth look at the creation of Mighty No. 9—and an unprecedented peek into the typically ultra-secretive Japanese game development industry—with three 30-minute documentary episodes produced by the wizards at 2 Player Productions (the same team behind our pitch video and the amazing Double Fine Adventure documentary)!

Makes sense that 2PP would only have the bandwidth for so much, since they’re already doing fantastic but time-consuming documentaries for Double Fine Adventure and Massive Chalice. Still, a 2PP documentary with a skilled Japanese development team would be cool, and I’m sure they’d be a glorious 90 minutes. Smile

But it’s probably not enough for anyone to back for the documentary alone. Especially since the stretch goal isn’t reached yet, and even assuming the goal is met, it’s currently unclear whether the documentary would be public like it is for Massive Chalice (that would be my guess, as it’s better for advertising the game, as Double Fine learned), or if it would be a backer reward.

Total Posts: 974

Joined 2007-02-23

PM

Three episodes really isn’t enough for me to back, at least. Thanks for sharing the info, Caliburn Smile

Joined 2005-09-29

PM

thejobloshow - 01 September 2013 06:40 PM

Why didn’t Capcom do something like this in the first place to complete Mega Man Legends 3? I guess it takes vision and brass courage to be a Keiji Inafune or a Tim Schafer.

Crapcom is not what it used to be, i think sales and response of this project will
eventually push them to reconsider the franchise and release something.

Already above 835k, and TGS is around the corner, nice timing to hit all the
right notes.

Joined 2004-01-05

PM

Will be funded in a few minutes. Holding the console ports hostage to the last stretch goal is really shady…
I don’t doubt that even if it never gets there, it will end up in ps4/wiiU or something

Joined 2005-09-29

PM

4k left to hit 1 Mirrriiioooon Smile

Edit:

So many fans, 3DS ver offer

Joined 2005-09-29

PM

2 million reached in about 10 days, ps360 and wiiu versions close.

Joined 2004-01-05

PM

Yep, this is still going strong, they have no put a stretch goal of 3.3 million for the ps4 and xbone versions and I have no doubt they will reach it.

Joined 2005-09-29

PM

Lost track in GTA fever, ps360 versions goal done, Time to party.

Fans are crazy good

You are here: HomeForum Home → Gaming → General → Thread

Welcome to the Adventure Gamers forums!

Back to the top