• News
  • Reviews
  • Top Games
  • Search
  • New Releases
  • Daily Deals
  • Forums

Adventure Gamers - Forums

Welcome to Adventure Gamers. Please Sign In or Join Now to post.

You are here: HomeForum Home → Gaming → Adventure → Thread

Post Marker Legend:

• New Topic New posts
  • Old Topic No new posts

Currently online

CharophyceandiegoJdawg445TimovieMan

Support us, by purchasing through these affiliate links

Adventure Game Scene of the Day — Thursday 22 August 2013

Total Posts: 794

Joined 2003-10-05

PM

This is, for me, the perfect B-Movie game. Objectively speaking, it’s not very good at all. The game is timed. You have no ability to save your game (it uses checkpoint saves on a per chapter basis). There are insta-deaths, including resurrection fallacy. The puzzles are very easy, the story is hardly worth mentioning, and the game is rather short.

Despite all this, I really enjoyed Erevos (2001). There is just something delightfully campy about it that I can’t quite put my finger on. If someone were to respond to this and say they thought the game was one of the worst they had ever played, I would have no real basis to defend the game, but I will still probably replay it at some point.

Part of the reason that the negatives aren’t as bad as they sound is that the chapters are so short that the penalty for failure is very minimal. It might only cost you a couple minutes to replay everything you’ve lost if you died. What makes the game timed is that you are a vampire and need to feed regularly. If you don’t find blood often enough it’s game over.

There are two characters to play the game as, one a mad (as in mentally ill) vampire and the other a badass ninja vamp. With the exception of one chapter and the endings, gameplay is exactly the same for both characters. My second playthrough as the other character only took me about 35-40 minutes since I already knew what I had to do for most of it.

It is important to note that this game is definitely designed for a mature audience, featuring many beheadings and other types of gore as well as the kidnapping and killing of an infant.

Oh, and one interesting but ultimately annoying feature of the game is that it checks your computer’s clock and will only let you play the game between sunset and sunrise, since you are, after all, playing a vampire…

Total Posts: 363

Joined 2012-09-20

PM

Holy moly, Bastich. How come you find so many weird games???

You are here: HomeForum Home → Gaming → Adventure → Thread

Welcome to the Adventure Gamers forums!

Back to the top