• News
  • Reviews
  • Top Games
  • Search
  • New Releases
  • Daily Deals
  • Forums

Adventure Gamers - Forums

Welcome to Adventure Gamers. Please Sign In or Join Now to post.

You are here: HomeForum Home → Gaming → Adventure → Thread

Post Marker Legend:

• New Topic New posts
  • Old Topic No new posts

Currently online

diegoLady KestrelluckyloserrtrooneySpeedBo

Support us, by purchasing through these affiliate links

Adventure Game Scene of the Day — Wednesday 6 June 2012

Total Posts: 2582

Joined 2005-08-12

PM

I generally found Lost Horizon surprisingly enjoyable, but my favourite part was clearly this final section with the time travel puzzles.

Also, am I the only one who thinks this particular screenshot could be from a HD version of The Dig? Both the settings (cave, waterfall) and the colours and light are reminiscent of it.

Total Posts: 106

Joined 2010-10-27

PM

Um… I think a scene from this game might be more appropriate today. Just a suggestion.
http://www.mobygames.com/game/ray-bradburys-the-martian-chronicles-adventure-game

Total Posts: 1555

Joined 2005-12-06

PM

I also found the last chapter very enjoyable, to be honest it’s the only reason I didn’t completely trash the game Smile. The middle chapters were such a bore… sheesh.

Currently Playing: Dragon Age Origins: Awakening
Recently Played: Red Embrace: Hollywood, Dorfromantik, Heirs & Graces, AI: The Somnium Files, PRICE, Frostpunk, The Shapeshifting Detective (CPT), Disco Elysium, Dream Daddy, Four Last Things, Jenny LeClue - Detectivu, The Signifier

Total Posts: 8471

Joined 2011-10-21

PM

I really liked Lost Horizon. Best PC adventure game I’d played in a while.
But I’m partial to seeing very different-looking locations in a single game, and this game seriously delivered on that front…

The truth can’t hurt you, it’s just like the dark: it scares you witless but in time you see things clear and stark. - Elvis Costello
Maybe this time I can be strong, but since I know who I am, I’m probably wrong. Maybe this time I can go far, but thinking about where I’ve been ain’t helping me start. - Michael Kiwanuka

Total Posts: 133

Joined 2006-02-14

PM

I liked it.

It was fun, the locations beautiful and some of the puzzles were really interesting, especially during the final section.

The negatives for me was the ending and the protagonist who I did not especially enjoy.

I play story-heavy games, watch animation, anime, B-movies, disaster movies, sci-fi movies and crime shows and try to write about it all on my blog: Snark, pedantry and random geekery

Total Posts: 8720

Joined 2012-01-02

PM

i enjoyed the bonus prototype feature at the end more than the Game itself

You are here: HomeForum Home → Gaming → Adventure → Thread

Welcome to the Adventure Gamers forums!

Back to the top