• News
  • Reviews
  • Top Games
  • Search
  • New Releases
  • Daily Deals
  • Forums

Adventure Gamers - Forums

Welcome to Adventure Gamers. Please Sign In or Join Now to post.

You are here: HomeForum Home → Gaming → Adventure → Thread

Post Marker Legend:

• New Topic New posts
  • Old Topic No new posts

Currently online

Jdawg445Lady KestrelTimovieMan

Support us, by purchasing through these affiliate links

Characters you want to jump right into their Adventures and Beat the **** out of them!

Total Posts: 8720

Joined 2012-01-02

PM

we had this Thread All Adventurers are Cons and Thieves and RUDE ! at the old forums but never got the chance to point at the worst of them all.

two Persons they don’t get enough of pulling everyone around (enemy or friend) leg in their games into their circle of Sarcasm ,rudeness and foolishness ; Simon and Guybrush Pan ..
yes, sometimes it could be cracking funny but when its over done, i feel nothing but to jump in, and beat the heck out of each one of them.

maybe developers tend to put all those foolish people in their Games, which would give the privilege to feel so cocky ,but it was never enough reasonable for all their terrible Actions!

Total Posts: 1555

Joined 2005-12-06

PM

I can’t really be insulted by silly characters in humorous games. Guybrush in the first game is a snotnosed kid who wants to be a badass pirate. Simon is an annoying teenager. That’s what they are supposed to be. I admit that I haven’t played the latest games in the series to know what’s really going on there but for example Gabriel Knight is much more of a dick Smile. I don’t know, I even like the Gordons from Black Mirror games while in reality I feel instantly bad about everybody and everything.

Currently Playing: Dragon Age Origins: Awakening
Recently Played: Red Embrace: Hollywood, Dorfromantik, Heirs & Graces, AI: The Somnium Files, PRICE, Frostpunk, The Shapeshifting Detective (CPT), Disco Elysium, Dream Daddy, Four Last Things, Jenny LeClue - Detectivu, The Signifier

Joined 2012-01-02

PM

millenia - 05 June 2012 11:34 AM

I can’t really be insulted by silly characters in humorous games. Guybrush in the first game is a snotnosed kid who wants to be a badass pirate. Simon is an annoying teenager. That’s what they are supposed to be. I admit that I haven’t played the latest games in the series to know what’s really going on there but for example Gabriel Knight is much more of a dick Smile. I don’t know, I even like the Gordons from Black Mirror games while in reality I feel instantly bad about everybody and everything.

surly i can not be insulted too, but as you control them and what you have to do in order to progress in the game, sometimes feels bad .. yea its a game, but its an adventure game !!.. i guess no one of the shooter games will complain about the killing of all that number of people ... loool

all i mean that sometimes Adventure player really live the Character , sympathize with him/her and get in touch with their inner feelings even if the developers didn’t show them as an absolute , but you still make your own picture

Total Posts: 1813

Joined 2005-10-23

PM

Brian comes to mind, from Runaway. He was/is so unbelievably stupid! But the worst character by far is Anne from Paradise. She is the most obnoxious, whining, uninterested and generally annoying character I have ever seen in an adventure game.

Total Posts: 106

Joined 2010-10-27

PM

I always felt good for Guybrush. He is so naive and innocent during his crimes. I did find Simon’s behaviour a bit over the top at times (especially in SS2), but then again you rarely play an anti-hero. He was supposed to be like that, as well as Malcolm in Kyrandia 3.

Now Brandon in Kyrandia 1 was sissy, characterless and stupid. I always wanted to do what you and Malcolm suggested to him. A Vampyre Story and Toonstruck both had the most annoying sidekicks full of stupid jokes. At least Flux borrowed Castellaneta’s voice…

Total Posts: 444

Joined 2012-03-30

PM

well, i always found guybrush quite enjoyable to play with. never got bored when i had to talk to someone or trying absurd puzzle combinations. smart mouth and a sense of humor (especially if sarcastic as lewton for example) are things i adore in a character and if someone is lacking them i find it hard to like them.

i had troubles playing with sadwick cause of his constant whining. haven’t played black mirror in a long time but i remember hating samuel gordon… now i don’t remember why, maybe the voice acting Smile

Total Posts: 4011

Joined 2011-04-01

PM

-Simon in Simon The Sorcerer 5. I found him bearable in the other games (haven’t played 3) but this on he was just an awful, whining kid.
-Both the main characters from The Next Big Thing. No comment necessary. Such an obnoxious game.
-Stauf in 7th Guest/11th Hour. Great character but losing a puzzle time after time was just so… arggggh!

Total Posts: 70

Joined 2012-04-11

PM

The main character in Culpa Innata comes across as pretty stupid and unlikable. I like Guybrush a lot though.

Total Posts: 1555

Joined 2005-12-06

PM

I really liked Phoenix in Culpa Innata. She’s not stupid, she is the product of her society and culture. She’s actually quite smart being able to question the laws of society and her character grows during the game which is always nice.

I didn’t like Brian or Gina (was it Gina, don’t really care). There are jerks and there are jerks. Sarcastic can be a really good thing when it’s Lewton or Tex or then it can be someone’s sad excuse of being funny when it’s just annoying.

Currently Playing: Dragon Age Origins: Awakening
Recently Played: Red Embrace: Hollywood, Dorfromantik, Heirs & Graces, AI: The Somnium Files, PRICE, Frostpunk, The Shapeshifting Detective (CPT), Disco Elysium, Dream Daddy, Four Last Things, Jenny LeClue - Detectivu, The Signifier

Joined 2012-01-02

PM

Oscar - 06 June 2012 05:52 AM

-Simon in Simon The Sorcerer 5. I found him bearable in the other games (haven’t played 3) but this on he was just an awful, whining kid.

yeah the worst moment when he promised/abused/fooled Swampy into shooting the aliens for rewarding him with a movie that will be made just for him ..and ....Ffffuu!! and he just simply jeopardized him .... Bad , Bad Simon always breaks Swampy’s heart and without any regrets !

Total Posts: 794

Joined 2003-10-05

PM

The worst main characters by far are the ones in those 1st person games where you play yourself. That guy is a complete dick!!! I hate him!

Joined 2012-01-02

PM

Bastich - 06 June 2012 06:26 PM

The worst main characters by far are the ones in those 1st person games where you play yourself. That guy is a complete dick!!! I hate him!

Ooh ... you shouldnt hate your self that much Bastich Tongue

Total Posts: 1

Joined 2008-08-22

PM

Cedric the Owl. If ever a bird needed a beating.

Total Posts: 134

Joined 2007-03-25

PM

Adrienne from Phantasmagoria. She saw it all coming and had plenty of premonitions/visions. And she never changed her clothes. ‘Nuff said.

Total Posts: 5589

Joined 2008-01-09

PM

Brink in The Dig was very annoying, and Stauf’s “Feeling loooonely?” drove me nuts in the maze. 

Bastich - 06 June 2012 06:26 PM

My first person game character is a real sweetheart and smart, too.  Wink

“Rainy days should be spent at home with a cup of tea and a good book.” -Bill Watterson

Total Posts: 97

Joined 2011-03-06

PM

Guybrush never bothered me. I wasn’t too fond of Phoenix from Culpa Innata, though. And I pretty much hated everything about Runaway, the main characters included.

And LOL about Adrienne from Phantasmagoria! It IS funny that I can remember exactly what she wears in that whole game - the orange shirt and the black jeans. Apparently they have been burned into my memory!

Currently Playing: The Testament of Sherlock Holmes;
Currently Re-Playing: Culpa Innata

Recently Finished: Secret Files: Puritas Cordis, Art of Murder: Hunt for the Puppeteer, Dear Esther

You are here: HomeForum Home → Gaming → Adventure → Thread

Welcome to the Adventure Gamers forums!

Back to the top