• News
  • Reviews
  • Top Games
  • Search
  • New Releases
  • Daily Deals
  • Forums

Adventure Gamers - Forums

Welcome to Adventure Gamers. Please Sign In or Join Now to post.

You are here: HomeForum Home → Gaming → General → Thread

Post Marker Legend:

• New Topic New posts
  • Old Topic No new posts

Currently online

chrissieDaleIronCretinJdawg445kanaifurtrooneywalas74

Support us, by purchasing through these affiliate links

The Last of Us

Total Posts: 347

Joined 2006-07-30

PM

I was just about to post about how the release of this PS3 exclusive is coming up so soon, but now I see they pushed back the release date to June 14.  Regardless, very excited for this game. 

Has anyone found any decent pre-order deals?  I’m not talking about exclusive content, I’m talking about price.  So far, it looks like Amazon’s $10 instant video credit is the best.  Anyone found others?

Total Posts: 7109

Joined 2005-09-29

PM

The last Amazon exclusive trailer got me hyped , cannot wait , i will be getting
early piece and maybe paying more than original price.

Huge expectations.

EDIT: But bad placing around the time of E3. I will start it after Nextgen announcements
fever will slowdown.

Total Posts: 2648

Joined 2004-01-18

PM

It’s akward that it’s releasing the day after E3 finishes. Although both consoles will have been announced by then (Microsoft Infinity will be announced 21 May, E3 will be a huge showcase for next gen games.

The Last of Us will probebly get away with it because it’s still a few months before release. The one that worries me is GTA V which is probably releasing way too close to new console launch unless it brings out a next gen version.

————————————————————————————————————————

Personally I think the game looks awesome. Interesting to see if Ellie is as good as AI companion as Elizabeth was in Bioshock Infinite.

An adventure game is nothing more than a good story set with engaging puzzles that fit seamlessly in with the story and the characters, and looks and sounds beautiful.
Roberta Williams

Joined 2005-09-29

PM

Lucien21 - 21 April 2013 12:12 PM

It’s akward that it’s releasing the day after E3 finishes. Although both consoles will have been announced by then (Microsoft Infinity will be announced 21 May, E3 will be a huge showcase for next gen games.

The Last of Us will probebly get away with it because it’s still a few months before release. The one that worries me is GTA V which is probably releasing way too close to new console launch unless it brings out a next gen version.

————————————————————————————————————————

Personally I think the game looks awesome. Interesting to see if Ellie is as good as AI companion as Elizabeth was in Bioshock Infinite.

Dont know about AI but there will be serious competition between most likeable
characters this year , i.e between Ellenpage, Liz and Ellie. i think ellie will take the
soft spot for many.

And i believe GTAV will eventually shatter any hype after release, it would be mega blockbuster and yes M$ moneyhatzz is a possibility.

Total Posts: 880

Joined 2010-02-15

PM

nomadsoul - 21 April 2013 01:15 PM

And i believe GTAV will eventually shatter any hype after release, it would be mega blockbuster and yes M$ moneyhatzz is a possibility.

I thought GTA was always in Sony’s lap? You must be getting confused.

Stuart Bradley Newsom - Naughty Shinobi || Our Game: Shadow Over Isolation

Joined 2005-09-29

PM

Monolith - 21 April 2013 03:06 PM

you thought wrong

Total Posts: 8998

Joined 2004-01-05

PM

I have it pre-ordered. It’s weird (and awesome) that so many new Sony games and IPs are still coming out for the PS3.
Anyone got God of War: Ascension and found out later that the demo that they advertised will only be released 2 weeks before the game release? Not the reason I got God of War but still annoying…

Ypu’re talking about Microsoft moneyhatting an exclusive next-gen version of GTAV? That would be weird. I doubt Rockstar are worrying about next-gen consoles, they don’t even have a PC version announced, I think.

Joined 2005-09-29

PM

wilco - 21 April 2013 04:20 PM

Ypu’re talking about Microsoft moneyhatting an exclusive next-gen version of GTAV? That would be weird. I doubt Rockstar are worrying about next-gen consoles, they don’t even have a PC version announced, I think.

Yeah that Tlou demo promise was misleading, and we never know if it is Multiplayer demo or not.

And Yes Speculations of MS moneyhatting CoD, Bethesda and Rockstar, like they did with GTA4 episodes, will concentrate on mass market megahit franchises for sure.

Yes PS3 this year is crazy, Tlou, Beyond , Untilldawn, Puppeteer, Rain, and if you are into Metroid or Castlevania donot miss Guacamelee, its sleeper Indie hit for sure,
loving mexican theme and everything, highly recommended, might be best Indie game this
year.

Joined 2006-07-30

PM

wilco - 21 April 2013 04:20 PM

I have it pre-ordered. It’s weird (and awesome) that so many new Sony games and IPs are still coming out for the PS3.

Yeah, the fact that all these games are coming out this year is awesome.  I haven’t been this excited about a PS3 lineup in awhile.

There was actually a Kotaku article about this phenomenon, and how it’s not that unusual for a lot of great games to be released the same year as the next console.

http://kotaku.com/the-playstation-3s-really-good-2013-line-up-is-no-fluk-471180163

Total Posts: 880

Joined 2010-02-15

PM

nomadsoul - 21 April 2013 03:16 PM
Monolith - 21 April 2013 03:06 PM

you thought wrong

Thought wrong is wrong. Rockstar were no doubt in Sony’s love shack for the longest time without being bribed to make things exclusive. Then microsoft came a long.

Stuart Bradley Newsom - Naughty Shinobi || Our Game: Shadow Over Isolation

Joined 2004-01-05

PM

The demo attached to GoW Ascension is out but it was so small… Anyone tried it? It felt like like an action survival horror, it showed some gameplay systems but with only one small area to explore and encounter it’s difficult so see how they’ll work. Graphics are great, kind of Uncharted level.

Only 2 weeks now.

Total Posts: 974

Joined 2007-02-23

PM

I’m so excited for this game - looks like another 10/10 from Naughty Dog. Can’t think of another developer with as stellar a track record as those guys. From the PS1 era to now the only less than stellar game they’ve made has been the mediocre Jak X: Combat Racing for PS2.

Joined 2006-07-30

PM

I preordered Last of Us from Amazon a couple of days ago.  I’ve avoided as much exposure to the story as I could, and I’m very excited for it.  I’m still on the fence about ordering Remember Me.  I think I’ll wait and see what the reviews are.  I kind of don’t want to start anything too involved with Last of Us so close.

Joined 2004-01-05

PM

Review embargo was lifted. Consensus seems to be it’s an ok game Smile
By ok I mean everybody is giving it perfect scores

Total Posts: 177

Joined 2006-03-28

PM

Reviews have been gushing…I can’t wait to get my hands on this one! It looks like once I get some free time I’ll have to play this before Remember Me!

Joined 2005-09-29

PM

Yup best game of generation, masterpiece, better than uc2, best ps3 exclusive and
what not…

You are here: HomeForum Home → Gaming → General → Thread

Welcome to the Adventure Gamers forums!

Back to the top