• News
  • Reviews
  • Top Games
  • Search
  • New Releases
  • Daily Deals
  • Forums

Adventure Gamers - Forums

Welcome to Adventure Gamers. Please Sign In or Join Now to post.

You are here: HomeForum Home → Gaming → General → Thread

Post Marker Legend:

• New Topic New posts
  • Old Topic No new posts

Currently online

CaliMonkJdawg445

Support us, by purchasing through these affiliate links

The Video Game Called Tearaway

Total Posts: 3200

Joined 2007-01-04

PM

Tearaway the Video game is coming out for the PS Vita later this year. The buzz around it reminds me of the buzz around “Another Code” in 2004.

So - I bought a used VITA for a really good price and I got Machinarium and Corpse Party: Book of Shadows to play while I wait.

Because we were talking about this on another thread I thought I’d start this one:

Yes, Tearaway looks very good, and from Media Molecule! And a new game and franchise on the Vita is always welcome

More info on Tearaway can be found here:

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Tearaway_(video_game)

Sony is really marketing this game big time:

I’ve got my fingers crossed that it plays as good as the videos look!

:heart:

I enjoy playing adventure games on my Alienware M17 r4 and my Nintendo Switch OLED.

Total Posts: 8471

Joined 2011-10-21

PM

Looks interesting. Definitely unique. Concept somewhat makes me think of Scribblenauts…

What exactly is the “rear touch panel” on a Vita??? Is it like a touch pad for mouse movement on laptops?
And what’s the use of something like that???

I reckon this game won’t get a 3DS version???

The truth can’t hurt you, it’s just like the dark: it scares you witless but in time you see things clear and stark. - Elvis Costello
Maybe this time I can be strong, but since I know who I am, I’m probably wrong. Maybe this time I can go far, but thinking about where I’ve been ain’t helping me start. - Michael Kiwanuka

Joined 2007-01-04

PM

Although I’m constantly playing adventure games on my 3DS, I bought a used VITA for $150 dollars to play the adventure games on it. It does have some good ones that the 3DS won’t get like this title.

What exactly is the “rear touch panel”

Like the 3DS has a lower touch panel, the VITA has a touch panel on the bottom of the unit.

So - while you can’t see the VITA’s bottom touch panel like you do on a 3DS, while holding the unit you can control objects on the screen while touching it:

Heart

I enjoy playing adventure games on my Alienware M17 r4 and my Nintendo Switch OLED.

Total Posts: 8998

Joined 2004-01-05

PM

The rear touch panel is a intriguing feature but it’s not used in a lot of games, some people like to use it on Fifa (I personally don’t). I think I only used in a puzzle game - Escape Plan and some gimmicky stuff in Uncharted and Little Big Planet. But by the looks of the videos it sounds like Tearaway will use properly.

This one won’t come to the 3DS, it’s a Sony/Media Molecule game and big bet to move some consoles.

Vita is also becoming an interesting portable console for indie/downloadable games. Stuff like Machinarium/Walking Dead is coming. Also other genres like Lone Survivor, Limbo, Frozen Synapse,Spelunky, Hotline Miami, Guacamelee, Terraria and others. I hope more adventure games end up being released there, it has a nice interface and screen for the genre.

Joined 2007-01-04

PM

I’m already playing Machinerum on my VITA. Got it for $6.99. Great game. It is nice to see both handhelds out for this generation getting great adventure games.

Last generation - the DS was the handheld of choice for adventure games. Hopefully Tearaway will be a big hit and sell lots of copies.

Heart

Total Posts: 8998

Joined 2004-01-05

PM

Release date was announced 22nd/23rd October plus a lovely cover.

Joined 2007-01-04

PM

Sadly, it is being released on October 22nd here in the US. Oh well, I’ve got some PC adventures games to play on my netbook and Machinerim on my VITA to hold me until then.

I really want this game to be good - Ghost Trick level of good.

Heart

Joined 2007-01-04

PM

Got the game on the 22nd. Simply adorable. Quite different from anything I’ve played since Another Code. It does remind me of that game in the full use of the hardware.

The reviews are all the rage for the game:

http://www.destructoid.com/review-tearaway-266048.phtml

Heart

Total Posts: 132

Joined 2007-02-10

PM

It’s alright, but I found Puppeteer a lot more charming and interesting (and tragically underrated as it came out the same week as GTAV).

Joined 2007-01-04

PM

So far it is a favorite of mine on the VITA. I love this game and want many more just like it.

The VITA is such a wonderful system thanks to games like this.

Heart

Joined 2007-01-04

PM

WoW! My goodness - I may not stop playing this game. LOVE IT! OK, I will make no secret that my favorite system of the seventh generation was the Dsi XL. I have 104 yummy games like Tearaway on it. Sadly, the 3DS XL is not so wonderful - such is life.

Anyway - now that I have Tearaway, my love affair with the Dsi XL is gone - I love my VITA more because of Tearaway - I want more please!

There is no other game quite like it, everything is made of paper well except for You!

It seems to throw new Puzzles at you every other minute, which are solved in a flash, you wont linger to long looking for secrets either. The game utilizes every PS Vita feature, tilt/ dual cameras, touch/rear touch, microphone it’s packed with variety in such a small package.

There is only a Story Mode in Tearaway, levels are divided into “Bookmarks” they each have information on what items you’ve collected. You can create costume pieces which is fun but can only keep about a dozen pieces at once, you’ll have to delete the pieces to make more,

I found myself taking a lot of selfies and landscape pictures with the in-game camera and taking screen shots with PS Vita’s PS Button + Select, the game is too gorgeous.

This game is just incredibly good and is a system seller in my humble opinion. It makes fantastic use of the Vita hardware for most of the game. The story is really charming and interesting. I found myself smiling more playing this game than I can remember for any other game. The ability to make and customize your character is creative and fun. The music/sound is fantastic. Graphically it’s really incredible as well, despite the “paper” look of everything.

I would say if you don’t have a VITA - buy one just to play this game. And if you have a VITA this game is a natural. Best Adventure/Platform game since “The Last Window?” Oh yes - long may the VITA rule as my favorite game system of all time.

Heart

You are here: HomeForum Home → Gaming → General → Thread

Welcome to the Adventure Gamers forums!

Back to the top