• News
  • Reviews
  • Top Games
  • Search
  • New Releases
  • Daily Deals
  • Forums

Adventure Gamers - Forums

Welcome to Adventure Gamers. Please Sign In or Join Now to post.

You are here: HomeForum Home → Gaming → Adventure → Thread

Post Marker Legend:

• New Topic New posts
  • Old Topic No new posts

Currently online

diegoJdawg445Lady Kestrelrtrooney

Support us, by purchasing through these affiliate links

Win a FREE Tex Murphy Game on GOG!

Total Posts: 118

Joined 2011-08-01

PM

I have a bunch of copies of the Tex Murphy games to gift away to potential Tex Murphy fans, current Tex Murphy fans, potential backers, current backers, and perpetual Kickstarter page refreshers!

Fedora Kickstarter page: http://www.texmurphy.com

Staring at the Tex Murphy Kickstarter page all day and constantly hitting F5 could pay off, in the form of a free Tex Murphy game on GOG! I will be sending out one Tex Murphy game gift to one lucky person every time the campaign hits a $10,000 increment, until I run out of games to gift! So I’ll be gifting a game when the campaign hits $340k, $350k, $360k, etc.

When the total hits each milestone, all you have to do is take a screenshot of your whole screen (showing the Kickstarter page as well as your taskbar date and time) and send the image to FreeTexGamesGOG (at) gmail (dot) com. If I get multiple entries, the winner will be determined by whoever e-mails me the image first, and how close it is to the milestone.

If you win, please also let me know what game you would like. I currently have the following number of copies to give away (but I’m willing to buy more if we go over our $450,000 goal):
Under a Killing Moon: 8
The Pandora Directive: 5
Tex Murphy: Overseer: 3

If you don’t redeem your gift within a few days, I reserve the right to give it to someone else who is more eager to start playing a Tex Murphy game immediately.

And yes, when we are close to a milestone you ARE allowed to increase your pledge so that it hits the milestone exactly! Good luck!

Total Posts: 86

Joined 2003-09-21

PM

Even with the rules attached, that’s extremely generous man! Grin

Right or wrong, weak or strong.

Joined 2011-08-01

PM

Thanks! I’m doing everything I can to expand the Tex Murphy fan-base.

Total Posts: 299

Joined 2006-12-04

PM

Very generous of you AGF. I can see that you too have a great passion for the Tex games and you are willing to go great lengths to turn on other gamers who may not have had the pleasure to meet him and the cast of characters on Chandler Ave. I hope that you are successful in adding new fans to the Tex Murphy Club.  Thumbs Up

Don’t Hate Me Because I Am Beautiful…There Are Many Other Reasons

Total Posts: 1891

Joined 2010-11-16

PM

highly commendable action!!

Total Posts: 643

Joined 2006-09-24

PM

You are a gentleman and a scholar.

Total Posts: 56

Joined 2003-11-21

PM

Tex Murphy fans are like jell-o: there is always room for more.

No good deed goes unpunished

Joined 2011-08-01

PM

I’m hoping for more entries into this giveaway! If anyone else wants to give Tex a try, please send me a message ASAP.

Joined 2003-09-21

PM

You might be preaching to the choir here, man. Tongue

Total Posts: 1891

Joined 2010-11-16

PM

^exactly this, you might have to try other forums… i think a lot of us here have already backed Grin
And your rules are quuiiite specific, might not be enough time to find 20 people exactly like that.
Have you tried gamefaqs maybe (pc or classics board)?

Total Posts: 33

Joined 2012-01-02

PM

Wow, if only I saw this before I backed it only a few hours ago! I already bought all the Tex Murphy games too. Good luck funding the project.

Currently playing: Starcraft II
Recently finished: Resonance, Tex Murphy: Pandora Directive, Diablo 3

Total Posts: 600

Joined 2011-06-07

PM

It’s indeed preaching to the choir.

Honestly, I think you are asking a lot for providing a 5$ game! (though as generous as that may be…)

You are asking them why they havn’t bought before, why they haven’t purchased on GOG and pretty much to commit to donate a big amount to the Kickstarter project without having ever played a Tex Murphy game.

If anyone really has the intention to donate a considerable amount…..then spending 5$ on the GOG sales would be no issue at all….then why go through all of the hassle of the proposal made here?

Also I think that anyone that aims to donate considerable would probably already own one or most Tex Murphy games.

If you are really looking for new Tex Murphy fans that have a potential to become backers for the Kickstarter campaign, then you have to make an offer without strings attached to it.

Joined 2006-09-24

PM

Entitled much?

Someone offers to gift games to others in the hope that they may consider backing the Tex Murphy project.

He didn’t say you should donate a “big amount”. Anything helps.

He’s appealing to people who might be on the fence or otherwise hitherto unsure about backing Project Fedora. He’s offering people who might donate a game of their liking to make them feel better about pledging.

Demanding he “make an offer without strings attached to it” is quite bold. If you’re not interested, keep your peace, because this is a very generous offer for people who are interested. I can’t possibly understand how someone would complain about this giveaway. If someone is willing to gift games to such a large extent, it’s quite fair for him to ask people to support a cause he believes in.

Total Posts: 600

Joined 2011-06-07

PM

Hey, I’m not complaining…anyone should do what they want…I’m not at all against this and I have no right to be, as I indicated: He is very generous!

But when I read:

“Please explain why you would like a free Tex Murphy game, what kinds of adventure games you like to play, your Kickstarter backer history, and how much getting a free Tex game will influence your decision to donate a lot”

It seem to me this offer is not targeted to those who are not yet sure if they want to donate at all or would most likely donate at the lowest tear, e.g. 15$.

I’m just wondering how many people there are out there that do want to donate a lot, don’t own any Tex games and are still struggling with the decision to take those 5$ offers currently at GOG.com….It seems like a rather odd scenario to me.
But if there are, then by all means, then this is a great and generous offer.

Joined 2006-09-24

PM

subbi - 01 June 2012 06:21 AM

Hey, I’m not complaining…anyone should do what they want…I’m not at all against this and I have no right to be, as I indicated: He is very generous!

But when I read:

“Please explain why you would like a free Tex Murphy game, what kinds of adventure games you like to play, your Kickstarter backer history, and how much getting a free Tex game will influence your decision to donate a lot”

It seem to me this offer is not targeted to those who are not yet sure if they want to donate at all or would most likely donate at the lowest tear, e.g. 15$.

“Rules:
2. You must not already be a backer of Fedora. You have already helped, and your donation is appreciated. Thank you! :-)”

I’m just wondering how many people there are out there that do want to donate a lot, don’t own any Tex games and are still struggling with the decision to take those 5$ offers currently at GOG.com….It seems like a rather odd scenario to me.
But if there are, then by all means, then this is a great and generous offer.

Because sometimes people simply aren’t interested or don’t have a reason to be without having played the previous games? And maybe they didn’t know about the GOG Tex sale? And sometimes a reward or giveaway encourages someone to change their mind?

It didn’t work on you…cool. But I find it unnecessary and a bit rude to criticize and misrepresent the OP’s intentions.

Joined 2003-09-21

PM

I think we can all agree, though, that such dedication to the cause is pretty damn amazing!

You are here: HomeForum Home → Gaming → Adventure → Thread

Welcome to the Adventure Gamers forums!

Back to the top