• Reviews
  • Top Games
  • Search
  • New Releases
  • Daily Deals
  • Forums
continue reading below

Adventure Gamers - Forums

Welcome to Adventure Gamers. Please Sign In or Join Now to post.

You are here: HomeForum Home → Gaming → Adventure → Thread

Post Marker Legend:

• New Topic New posts
  • Old Topic No new posts

Currently online

chrissieLady Kestrelwalas74

Support us, by purchasing through these affiliate links

Replay Games wants “infringing” Kickstarter campaign taken down (update: Al Lowe’s okay with it)

Total Posts: 359

Joined 2012-02-16

PM

Steve Ince tweeted claiming that Al has given his blessing (also, Al and his band are mentioned in the $10,000 tier), while Al himself is quiet on Twitter (other than a very cryptic tweet). So the whole ruckus is being raised by Paul Trowe alone.

Don’t know, this whole thing seems weird but whatever happens (even if Paul Trowe was speaking out of turn and the whole thing is perfectly kosher), the damage has been done and this kickstarter is not going to make it.

Total Posts: 514

Joined 2010-08-03

PM

don’t rush it….maybe if this comes out as a trick to shut it down by Trowe while Al really gave his blessing it’s like saying he fully supports it.so at least some people will pledge from that.also all this fuss and a good ending will probably give it some media time which as the saying goes….no publicity is bad publicity.but this is just a scenario…it remains to be seen

Total Posts: 990

Joined 2009-05-08

PM

Looks like a massive scam. Fortunately it won’t get funded either way.

Total Posts: 1891

Joined 2010-11-16

PM

uh yeah this is really weird. Steve ince definitely is supporting it.

Joined 2010-08-03

PM

check out his twitter channel…...i really doubt he is in a scam project.

Total Posts: 990

Joined 2009-05-08

PM

Okay, how about this. I’ll support this project when Al Lowe gives his blessing.

Total Posts: 61

Joined 2005-11-23

PM

I also agree that a clarification statement is needed at this point. Otherwise, I’ll be keeping the money for buying flowers instead.

Total Posts: 643

Joined 2006-09-24

PM

Not that I had any interest in this even before seeing this is a scam, but I skipped through the pitch video and it feels so disingenuous.

That Ken fellow comes off as a snake oil salesman who knows diddly about games. Just wants to cash in on this kickstarter trend.

Total Posts: 966

Joined 2005-11-29

PM

It’s obviously not a scam. It may not, however, have Al Lowe’s blessing. Or maybe it does and Paul Trowe is talking out of school. I emailed Al but I haven’t heard back.

Joined 2010-11-16

PM

Frogacuda - 30 May 2012 06:19 PM

It’s obviously not a scam.

Have you compared the pic of al lowe on their kickstarter to this on al’s site? http://www.allowe.com/AL/bio2.htm
Why would they be so sneaky? If al had any kindv role with these people, couldnt they say “hey al, take a picture for us?”

Total Posts: 643

Joined 2006-09-24

PM

To scam someone is to deprive them of something by using deceit.

Al and Paul are pursuing legal action against these jokers for misrepresenting them in order to boost the “project”. In other words, “Wisecrack Games” is using deceit to make people think the game is something it’s not.

That fits the definition of a scam in my book, which happens to be a dictionary. Smile

My guess is that this shady Ken fellow brought Steve Ince on board, but Steve wasn’t aware of some of the details.

The $10k reward tier is hilarious. Either Al forgot he agreed to play his saxophone for someone, or Ken is misrepresenting him in a deceitful manner to convince people that this project has Al Lowe’s support. Hmmmm…

Total Posts: 212

Joined 2005-10-07

PM

It’s kinda lame how the guy from Venture Beat rewrote his article to include new information, but didn’t bother to include a note anywhere to show what had changed since the original publication. Shifty Eyed

zane - 30 May 2012 06:43 PM

Have you compared the pic of al lowe on their kickstarter to this on al’s site? http://www.allowe.com/AL/bio2.htm
Why would they be so sneaky? If al had any kindv role with these people, couldnt they say “hey al, take a picture for us?”

You must have missed my earlier post: http://www.adventuregamers.com/forums/viewthread/172/#1701

Joined 2010-11-16

PM

^that doesnt explain why they cut out the badge. Unless they wanted to give it a shady vibe.

Joined 2010-08-03

PM

guys…..before labeling anything a scam why don’t we wait it out and see how it goes?
i realise that there is a chance i might be wrong about this but it might be too soon to say it’s a scam.

also @zane….you mean the background right?

Total Posts: 106

Joined 2010-10-27

PM

I’m not a fan of what Steve Ince does, but he is certainly smart enough to stay away from fishy projects and 100 times more trustworthy than that Trowe guy.

And I think Al Lowe keeps silence for a reason.

You are here: HomeForum Home → Gaming → Adventure → Thread

Welcome to the Adventure Gamers forums!

Back to the top