• News
  • Reviews
  • Top Games
  • Search
  • New Releases
  • Daily Deals
  • Forums

Adventure Gamers - Forums

Welcome to Adventure Gamers. Please Sign In or Join Now to post.

You are here: HomeForum Home → Gaming → Adventure → Thread

Post Marker Legend:

• New Topic New posts
  • Old Topic No new posts

Currently online

LittleRose

Support us, by purchasing through these affiliate links

MVEM: The Whale of the Infinite Ocean - 3d characters on prerendered backgrounds

Total Posts: 487

Joined 2012-10-03

PM

Hello,

I take a break this year with the Black Cube series after the recent release of Myha: Return to the Lost Island.

During Adventure Jam this month, I have worked on a demo set in the world of my other series, Mon Village est Magique (MVEM) (My Magical Village).

I plan to continue this project during the next few months, and make it a new episode called The Whale of the Infinite Ocean.
However it is a lot of work, it would be self funded, and so really time consuming for a single person to create all the prerendered backgrounds with animated 3d characters. I mean, I’m very happy of the result and motivated as usual, and I think it can be a nice game, but before I continue it, I would like to make sure that there is a good potential and that several people would be interested in playing it.

You can download the free playable demo there:
https://gamejolt.com/games/mvem_twotio/418477
(Windows, Mac)

There is also a video if you don’t have the time to play but still would like to have an idea of the project:

I received some good feedback from the other participants of Adventure Jam 2019, which motivates me quite a lot. This project would be technically similar to such games such as Syberia, Grim Fandango, The Longest Journey, etc.

The gameplay would be point and click and pure adventure game, but simplified for a large audience (no drag and drop inventory), I plan to include various minigames and tell a rich story.

Please let me know what you think and if you would be playing such a game in full version, and what you liked and disliked in order to help me make something as great as possible.
Thanks Thumbs Up

Total Posts: 681

Joined 2015-02-06

PM

Hey Simon, you already know my thoughts of the game. I very much enjoyed it and very excited to see where it goes. Since I have read the book, as you know, it is really nice to see the French countryside that I have read so many details about actually come to life. Seb and Tommy are fun and their interactions and responses always remind me of my brother and I when we were young kids full of adventure! Thanks for sharing and feel free to keep us updated!  Thumbs Up

This message will self destruct in 3… 2… 1… BOOM!!!

Total Posts: 487

Joined 2012-10-03

PM

Thanks Sir Beardalot, it’s good to have confirmation that you are looking forward to play the full game. I know that this project is very special for you (for several reasons) so I’m very happy that I could make this demo and share it with you and the others before I start to work on a more complete version.

I’d still be happy to read the opinion of somebody else, it’s very important for me before I begin such an ambitious game (at least as I have it in mind). I don’t know if this kind of world looks interesting with the kids as heros, if the graphics are not too much outdated, etc.

You are here: HomeForum Home → Gaming → Adventure → Thread

Welcome to the Adventure Gamers forums!

Back to the top