• News
  • Reviews
  • Top Games
  • Search
  • New Releases
  • Daily Deals
  • Forums

Adventure Gamers - Forums

Welcome to Adventure Gamers. Please Sign In or Join Now to post.

You are here: HomeForum Home → Gaming → Adventure → Thread

Post Marker Legend:

• New Topic New posts
  • Old Topic No new posts

Currently online

Support us, by purchasing through these affiliate links

Blade Runner ready to be tested with ScummVM

Total Posts: 5813

Joined 2012-03-24

PM

stroggoff - 14 July 2019 11:55 PM

...... we also fixed an original bug for the targets bahavior, so now in Easy mode, targets will be as slow to appear as in the original game, but in Normal and Hard mode, they’re going to be way more challenging, in the way they were apparently intended to be (but never were) Smile

Just to clarify. In the original game (and in ScummVM’s Easy mode) you have to wait a few seconds (could be up to ~15 or 20 seconds) for the first target to appear, and the targets will appear at a slow pace in general…...

McCoy97 - 15 July 2019 12:47 AM

Maybe chrissie can tell us how long she waited for the targets? I’ll be using hard mode Smile

The targets didn’t seem to appear at all for me (in easy mode) but stroggoff’s post got me thinking so I’ve just tried again. Yes, it took 30 secs to 1 min in each section for the targets to start appearing but they did appear!  Smile

I don’t think there were any other ‘action’ parts in the game where I experienced a timing problem although in same cases it took me a few attempts to overcome them.

Total Posts: 91

Joined 2018-08-12

PM

chrissie - 15 July 2019 06:40 AM

The targets didn’t seem to appear at all for me (in easy mode) but stroggoff’s post got me thinking so I’ve just tried again. Yes, it took 30 secs to 1 min in each section for the targets to start appearing but they did appear!  Smile

Thanks for verifying. The “timer” starts after the announcer stops speaking in the first room of the target practice (you can skip that dialogue by pressing Enter). So it should be up to 20 seconds (or less) without counting the announcer speech time.

I don’t think there were any other ‘action’ parts in the game where I experienced a timing problem although in same cases it took me a few attempts to overcome them.

There are two other parts that 3rd party patch was addressing and are also fixed in the ScummVM version. I think revealing them would be spoilers, because they are both further into the game (one is in the second act and the other in the fourth act).

Total Posts: 5813

Joined 2012-03-24

PM

stroggoff - 15 July 2019 06:54 AM

Thanks for verifying. The “timer” starts after the announcer stops speaking in the first room of the target practice (you can skip that dialogue by pressing Enter). So it should be up to 20 seconds (or less) without counting the announcer speech time.

There are two other parts that 3rd party patch was addressing and are also fixed in the ScummVM version. I think revealing them would be spoilers, because they are both further into the game (one is in the second act and the other in the fourth act).

Sorry stroggoff, I should have clarified that I don’t have the game installed using ScummVM. I bought a version sometime ago from a seller that supplies a ‘one-step’ install disc along with the original discs which possibly explains why there is such a long time delay for the targets to appear in the shooting alley.
I could in theory try installing the original discs in ScummVM but apart from the lack of subtitles I’m happy with the install disc + I now have a collection of save games to fiddle with!   
Smile

You are here: HomeForum Home → Gaming → Adventure → Thread

Welcome to the Adventure Gamers forums!

Back to the top