• News
  • Reviews
  • Top Games
  • Search
  • New Releases
  • Daily Deals
  • Forums

Adventure Gamers - Forums

Welcome to Adventure Gamers. Please Sign In or Join Now to post.

You are here: HomeForum Home → Gaming → Adventure → Thread

Post Marker Legend:

• New Topic New posts
  • Old Topic No new posts

Currently online

apignarb

Support us, by purchasing through these affiliate links

Toonstruck is Free on GOG

Total Posts: 82

Joined 2016-09-11

PM

Total Posts: 5034

Joined 2004-07-12

PM

Only for the next two days.

For whom the games toll,
they toll for thee.

Total Posts: 1619

Joined 2015-07-01

PM

I have seen this game around since it first came out but never played it bc, I thought I was either going to love it or hate it. Well free is the best chance to play it for the first time. I will post my thoughts as I go

Total Posts: 8471

Joined 2011-10-21

PM

Jdawg445 - 14 June 2019 11:02 PM

I have seen this game around since it first came out but never played it bc, I thought I was either going to love it or hate it. Well free is the best chance to play it for the first time. I will post my thoughts as I go

Don’t forget to follow along with the community playthrough we held when you do.

The truth can’t hurt you, it’s just like the dark: it scares you witless but in time you see things clear and stark. - Elvis Costello
Maybe this time I can be strong, but since I know who I am, I’m probably wrong. Maybe this time I can go far, but thinking about where I’ve been ain’t helping me start. - Michael Kiwanuka

Joined 2015-07-01

PM

I will try,  I made it to zany land and so far im finding the game meh, it sort of fun but not over the top enough.

Total Posts: 109

Joined 2005-07-29

PM

I like that Toonstruck is getting a bit more exposure again, this was the game that got me into Adventure games in the first place.

I’ve heard that all the assets for the sequel had already been made back after the first game lhad been made and somehow all the rights to them and the ip ended up being owned by the Sound Director of the first game but for whatever reason he’s been reluctant to do anything with them, wonder if the new attention it’s getting will convince him to try a Kickstarter or something?

Jdawg445 - 15 June 2019 08:31 PM

I will try,  I made it to zany land and so far im finding the game meh, it sort of fun but not over the top enough.

It does start ti ramp up a bit more from that point and when you get to the Dark toon area but it never really gets that over the top, at least by todays standards. It’s worth continuing though just for the top notch voice work and animation.

Joined 2015-07-01

PM

I have gotten a lot father and the game has really grown on me a lot. Still wont be one of my favorites, but it is pretty fun. So far a 8/10

Total Posts: 310

Joined 2018-12-01

PM

Jdawg445 - 21 June 2019 07:38 PM

I have gotten a lot father

Congratulations! What did you name them? Send my regards to their mother too.  Grin

Joined 2015-07-01

PM

I just beat the game and really liked parts of it while other parts were just ok. First off lets talk about gameplay I thought the puzzles were pretty good up until the castle, than they got over the top and I had to use a walkthrough twice. So the puzzles and game design overall was pretty good, although I hated the simon says puzzle and the telephone puzzles.

Acting, while most of the voice acting was great, I didnt really care for flux as a character and I never bought that christopher lloyd was there unlike his role in rodger rabbit where that felt seamless. The animation was top notch even though some of the character designs were lacking. I also dont think they gave the great tim curry enough to do. I love it when tim is in videogames. I love him in wing commander 3. The music and the story were ok but yeah I would have really hated this ending back in 96 if I had paid full price for the game and got that cliff hanger. Overall I got the game for free and while I dont think it is that great or a masterpiece I do think it is a solid 7.5 to 8/10.

Total Posts: 49

Joined 2011-03-04

PM

I played Toonstruck back in the day in spanish.

Now im playing it in english for the first time, and what a surprise to find that the malevoletor blueprint is totally different! Im sure the solution items must be the same, but the clues are not. I guess the meaning of the clues was lost in translation so they choose to change it.

Is in the german version or other international release also different?

Total Posts: 260

Joined 2014-12-25

PM

Yes, the German version is also different. That makes the game my favorite example for a good translation.

You are here: HomeForum Home → Gaming → Adventure → Thread

Welcome to the Adventure Gamers forums!

Back to the top