• Reviews
  • Top Games
  • Search
  • New Releases
  • Daily Deals
  • Forums
continue reading below

Adventure Gamers - Forums

Welcome to Adventure Gamers. Please Sign In or Join Now to post.

You are here: HomeForum Home → Gaming → Adventure → Thread

Post Marker Legend:

• New Topic New posts
  • Old Topic No new posts

Currently online

Support us, by purchasing through these affiliate links

It Came From The Desert Remake

Total Posts: 2

Joined 2019-02-26

PM

Hello folks,

Just wanted to share with you a project I have been working on by myself for a while and that I’ve been sharing mostly with the Commodore/Amiga community. It is an unofficial remake of the classic adventure game It Came From The Desert.

If you’re interested in the project you can find more information at my blog https://icftd-remake.blogspot.com/ where I progressively share devlogs and upload videos. Or simply follow me on twitter (@JosCanPer) to get the latest information and participate with your opinions in the project Smile.

Here is the teaser trailer:

Here is the latest devlog video:

Regards!

Josué

Total Posts: 3200

Joined 2007-01-04

PM

Pretty cool, loved this game in the day.

Heart

I enjoy playing adventure games on my Alienware M17 r4 and my Nintendo Switch OLED.

Total Posts: 330

Joined 2017-08-15

PM

You remade it as a shooter?

Member of the NAALCB - (North American Anti- Lobster Cop Brigade) since 2019.

Total Posts: 310

Joined 2018-12-01

PM

Why does this remind me of Half-Life? Meh

Total Posts: 2

Joined 2019-02-26

PM

Mikekelly - 26 February 2019 07:32 PM

Pretty cool, loved this game in the day.

Heart

Thanks!

Donuts McGee - 26 February 2019 08:52 PM

You remade it as a shooter?

I did not, the original game has a shooting minigame and that’s what the latest devlog is about.

The remake is going to be pretty much like the original : with static cameras and focused on narrative and player choices during the progress of the story.

Vehelon - 26 February 2019 08:59 PM

Why does this remind me of Half-Life? Meh

I dunno, maybe you also thought it is a FPS? Meh

Maybe posting the latest devlog which is focused on the shooting wasn’t the best idea, you can read more about the project at the blog but here are the previous videos, hope you like it!

Joined 2007-01-04

PM

I thought the FPS minigames in the origonal were quite fun.  Heart

I enjoy playing adventure games on my Alienware M17 r4 and my Nintendo Switch OLED.

Total Posts: 410

Joined 2018-09-09

PM

This is looking excellent! I hope that you don’t get a C&D from the rights holder. I know that indie developers are always keen and proud to show off their work (and rightfully so, in your case) but in doing so, you’re tempting fate. Anyway, what’s done is done and I hope that you’re able to finish the game because it looks great!

I was hyped when it was announced that a It Came From The Desert film adaptation was in the works and then I saw the trailer and my hype instantly evaporated. This remake has renewed my hype for all things giant ant related. Viva la Giant Ants. Keep up the good work!

Total Posts: 179

Joined 2003-09-11

PM

Despite being a giant Amiga head back in the day, I managed to miss the original This looks great

Total Posts: 20

Joined 2004-04-08

PM

St_Eddie - 28 February 2019 05:01 PM

This is looking excellent! I hope that you don’t get a C&D from the rights holder. I know that indie developers are always keen and proud to show off their work (and rightfully so, in your case) but in doing so, you’re tempting fate. Anyway, what’s done is done and I hope that you’re able to finish the game because it looks great!

I was hyped when it was announced that a It Came From The Desert film adaptation was in the works and then I saw the trailer and my hype instantly evaporated. This remake has renewed my hype for all things giant ant related. Viva la Giant Ants. Keep up the good work!

Hopefully it doesn’t happen but I imagine they could rename their game and tweak it enough to make it more of a spiritual sequel than a remake.

Joined 2007-01-04

PM

I don’t think there is much left of Cinemaware any longer. If there was, I’m sure a deal could be made and even a commercial release.

Crazy

Total Posts: 110

Joined 2019-01-17

PM

That’s cool Laughing  I loved this game. Im very excited to play your remake.

You are here: HomeForum Home → Gaming → Adventure → Thread

Welcome to the Adventure Gamers forums!

Back to the top