• News
  • Reviews
  • Top Games
  • Search
  • New Releases
  • Daily Deals
  • Forums

Adventure Gamers - Forums

Welcome to Adventure Gamers. Please Sign In or Join Now to post.

You are here: HomeForum Home → Gaming → Adventure → Thread

Post Marker Legend:

• New Topic New posts
  • Old Topic No new posts

Currently online

IronCretinLady Kestrelrtrooney

Support us, by purchasing through these affiliate links

Utopia Syndrome

Total Posts: 29

Joined 2018-10-14

PM

Few WIPs from scene called Tunnel. It’s quite complex and heavy but we are working on optimization.

Image Attachments

Tunnel_01_Small.jpgTunnel_02_Small.jpgTunnel_03_Small.jpg

Click thumbnail to see full-size image

Joined 2018-10-14

PM

Here are more screenshots guys Wink

Image Attachments

Tunnel_04_Small.jpgTunnel_05_Small.jpg

Total Posts: 45

Joined 2003-09-09

PM

Is that Shelly Shenoy voicing the “wrong place” trailer?

Website: Wadjet Eye Games || Twitter: @wadjeteyegames || Currently working on: Unavowed

Joined 2018-10-14

PM

DaveGilbert - 21 October 2018 04:52 AM

Is that Shelly Shenoy voicing the “wrong place” trailer?

Hi Dave Smile No, her name is Talethia.

Joined 2018-10-14

PM

Recently have finished few ingame monitors with simple retro style. Here is one of them Smile

Image Attachments

Monitor_01_Small.jpg

Total Posts: 72

Joined 2017-03-27

PM

That’s a perfect retro style. Notes stuck up with tape and no Post It in sight.

All of the screenshots have an incredible amount of detail. Makes them much more interesting but it must be very time consuming to do.

Joined 2018-10-14

PM

Jofog - 21 October 2018 04:55 PM

That’s a perfect retro style. Notes stuck up with tape and no Post It in sight.

All of the screenshots have an incredible amount of detail. Makes them much more interesting but it must be very time consuming to do.

Thank you Jofog Smile
Yes, everything in game development is time consuming, especially when you try to make it best as you can and put maximum effort into this. But we have energy, wish and power to do this ahaha!

Total Posts: 179

Joined 2003-09-11

PM

This looks incredible! Kind of like a Dead Space adventure game of sorts. Will watch with interest

Joined 2018-10-14

PM

Burge - 24 October 2018 04:12 PM

This looks incredible! Kind of like a Dead Space adventure game of sorts. Will watch with interest

Thank you! Smile

Joined 2018-10-14

PM

Hey guyzzz! Hope that everybody are doing gooood! Here is work in progress and few in-game screenshots. Hope you will like what we are doing here Wink

Image Attachments

UtopiaSyndrome_WIP_01.jpgUtopiaSyndrome_WIP_02.jpgUtopiaSyndrome_WIP_03.jpg

Total Posts: 72

Joined 2017-03-27

PM

Good to see you here. I’m amazed at the amount of detail in each of the screenshots. Just incredible!

Joined 2018-10-14

PM

Jofog - 10 December 2018 08:16 PM

Good to see you here. I’m amazed at the amount of detail in each of the screenshots. Just incredible!

Thank you, just decided to put some news here Wink

Joined 2018-10-14

PM

Hey guys! I decided to tell a few words about the game and share more screenshots. Unfortunately, right now I am not spending to much time for Utopia Syndrome game as I did it before due to some things happened in my life. But other guys are from my team are still helping me with the development process, so the game does not stay on a dead point and we are moving, slowly but surely!

Right now we are working on 5 scenes that will be included in the demo game. In the future, there will be even more scenes, but their amount depends on how long the story will be. The good thing is that I have found some time and wrote several stories and they will become a basis for the game script. Actually, we already working on this! The game story will be really interesting, well at least I think so, because I am the writer of this story and I can’t say something bad about my creation…hehehe!

On screenshots, you can see one of the scene which has a lot of details. It is a huge scene in terms of polycount and amount of lights given the fact that we use real-time lighting in Unity. So all this makes quite big pressure on performance. That’s why we are trying to divide scenes and make them smaller with less amount of lights, but still keeping all these nice details. There are other ways to optimize the game and we will be working on this. I was the first fighter against the light baking, but I do not rule out that we will try to bake the light in the scenes in the future because this could significantly improve the performance of the game which is very important. We want to make sure that people who don’t have strong computers could still play in this game.

At last the model of one of our main characters is ready and currently, we are looking for an animator to make nice cutscenes. It is hard to do this without a budget, but along with animator work, we can still use amazing features of Timeline inside Unity that could help in the creation of simple animations.

As I said, I wrote several stories combined together in one idea which was actually really hard to do, so I still need to polish everything, but it’s already good enough to work on a game script. So currently, I am waiting for the finished game script for the demo and after this, we will be ready to start making logical part of the game!
Thanks for reading this guys, I am really glad when you give positive comments and feedbacks, this gives us the power to move forward!

Stay tuned and Cheers!

If you want to see screenshots in bigger resolution go here:

https://www.facebook.com/photo.php?fbid=2183386715026024&set=pcb.2183387918359237&type=3&theater;

Image Attachments

UtopiaSyndrome_WIP_05.jpgUtopiaSyndrome_WIP_06.jpgUtopiaSyndrome_WIP_07.jpg

Joined 2018-10-14

PM

More screenshots Smile

Image Attachments

UtopiaSyndrome_WIP_08.jpgUtopiaSyndrome_WIP_09.jpgUtopiaSyndrome_WIP_10.jpg

Joined 2018-10-14