• News
  • Reviews
  • Top Games
  • Search
  • New Releases
  • Daily Deals
  • Forums

Adventure Gamers - Forums

Welcome to Adventure Gamers. Please Sign In or Join Now to post.

You are here: HomeForum Home → Gaming → General → Thread

Post Marker Legend:

• New Topic New posts
  • Old Topic No new posts

Currently online

Support us, by purchasing through these affiliate links

Assassin’s Creed III

Total Posts: 1075

Joined 2003-09-30

PM

I think one of the most immersive experience of modern gaming,superb animations,rich story
settings,subtle action,history notes and more..although played less than half of the story it delivers artistically most outstanding assassin game out to date.

http://archive.adventuregamers.com/forums/showthread.php?t=30626

“Going on means going far - Going far means returning”

Total Posts: 7109

Joined 2005-09-29

PM

The idea of an Assassin so prominent and visible with his distinguished outfit never
appealed to me. And now with his presence in open war fields in AC3 makes thing worse
for my definition of Assassin. Only Hitman nails it. Even though Absolution is
little different and not as classic as previous games still on Harder levels the true meaning of Assassin comes through.

Total Posts: 92

Joined 2003-09-10

PM

The fact that you’re in big open battlefields doesn’t hurt the feeling of being an assassin as much as the broken stealth mechanics which make playing the game incognito virtually impossible. I love AC3 for being this insaaaaanely ambitious epic full of naval battles and massive animal-filled landscapes to roam but it’s sloppy to the point that many things that worked perfectly in previous games of the series feel wonky and slapdash here. It suffers from this weird dichotomy where it’s too much of a mess to be a masterpiece but it’s also kind of a masterpiece because it’s this ambitious sprawling mess.

Joined 2003-09-30

PM

When missions starts on big map design flaws increases rapidly,there are way too much soldiers around some dont know how to engage a fight just standing there..Fast travel becomes so cumbersome, why sends player to local map’s exit point,choose fast travel 3 times for reaching from Boston to home mission point on map.

Looks like i’ve experienced some occasional bugs,naval battles real higlight of action ..I disappointed about stealth mechanics too, free run doesnt work on every tree and cant create your own path in woods.

Total Posts: 43

Joined 2009-12-24

PM

AC is one of the game series’ that i just cant respect. gameplay boils down to holding a button, and watching great animations.

platformers by their definition require timing spacing and some kind of accuracy. this is not a platformer. stealth games require not being seen, this is not a stealth game, assination games require planning and sould give you are rewarding feelign when done perfectly. this is not that either.

its a streamlined AAA game that asks little to nothing of the player for fear of them being turned off by actually having to use their brain or skill. the exact opposite of what gaming should be about.

rant over.

Joined 2005-09-29

PM

You forgot pathetic storyline with kitchensink approach and historical errors.

Total Posts: 8998

Joined 2004-01-05

PM

It’s my favorite new series from the current generation of consoles… I guess i just like to shut down my brain Smile

Just an opinion but I don’t think they are trying to be platformer like Tomb Raider or a stealth game like Hitman, it’s like saying GTA is a bad game because the shooting and driving is bad.

Joined 2003-09-30

PM

nomadsoul - 04 December 2012 03:10 PM

I think that’s the last think to critisize,there’s a notice at beginning: it’s only inspired by historical events, one shouldnt expect documentry maintenance.

Total Posts: 212

Joined 2005-10-07

PM

I thought AC3 was a lot of fun, though something about it just felt different to the previous games. The naval combat was a nice new touch.

Things I didn’t like: Far too many glitches, the first third of the game plodded along like a slow drawn out tutorial, and the conclusion to the Desmond storyline was lame - a Mass Effect 3 level of bad ending.

Joined 2005-09-29

PM

Gabe - 05 December 2012 07:12 AM
nomadsoul - 04 December 2012 03:10 PM

I think that’s the last think to critisize,there’s a notice at beginning: it’s only inspired by historical events, one shouldnt expect documentry maintenance.

Coming from Broken Sword and GabirelKnight3 , which i played in 90s, i expected some
accuracy and clever blend of fiction.

wilco - 04 December 2012 07:18 PM

It’s my favorite new series from the current generation of consoles… I guess i just like to shut down my brain Smile

Just an opinion but I don’t think they are trying to be platformer like Tomb Raider or a stealth game like Hitman, it’s like saying GTA is a bad game because the shooting and driving is bad.

I guess you missed all JadeRaymonds PR talk. They definitely overpromised. For its
time GTA mechanics worked really well.

Total Posts: 109

Joined 2009-03-01

PM

I can see where all the hate is coming from but I only partly agree with it. The climbing/free running is just a little bit too simple. What bothers me more are those smartass comments in those historical animus texts. The history would be interesting enough without Ubisoft trying to be funny.

Overall I still love the games and the unique atmospheres/time periods they have. Yearly releases are still a bit too much milking for my taste though. I just buy one whenever they bring something new and interesting and this one did.

Joined 2004-01-05

PM

nomadsoul - 05 December 2012 03:09 PM

I guess you missed all JadeRaymonds PR talk. They definitely overpromised. For its

Yeah, I missed it don’t know what they said initially, but it’s PR, so I’m sure they overpromised it Smile, the game also changed a lot between the first 2 Assassins Creed. I was just saying that it’s an open world/exploration game with some stealth mechanics so I don’t think it should be judged by a pure stealth game standard.

Also, I can see why people criticize the series, I can see the faults (specially the combat for me) and although exploring Constantinople was cool Revelations was a misstep (who thought a tower defense game was a good idea…). But I really like them, even have all the awful portable games…  Embarassed

Joined 2003-09-30

PM

Desmond’s abstergo raid one of the most poorly designed,stupid and boring level i’ve ever
seen,really big dissappoinment after a great intro everything turns out a f.cliche of one man’s personal revenge..AC series over for me and wont look in any future one can only bear.

Total Posts: 177

Joined 2006-03-28

PM

I

wilco - 06 December 2012 05:01 AM
nomadsoul - 05 December 2012 03:09 PM

Yeah, I missed it don’t know what they said initially, but it’s PR, so I’m sure they overpromised it Smile, the game also changed a lot between the first 2 Assassins Creed. I was just saying that it’s an open world/exploration game with some stealth mechanics so I don’t think it should be judged by a pure stealth game standard.

Also, I can see why people criticize the series, I can see the faults (specially the combat for me) and although exploring Constantinople was cool Revelations was a misstep (who thought a tower defense game was a good idea…). But I really like them, even have all the awful portable games…  Embarassed

I agree. I’m a fan of the series. It’s true that they aren’t brain busting but they are fun enough. I enjoy the stories too. Nothing wrong with some good old-fashioned revenge. ACII is one of my favorite games ever. The series went a bit downhill from there but I’m enjoying ACIII well enough. My problem is that I spend so much time on the side quests and collecting things that I sometimes don’t do any story missions for hours upon hours!

Total Posts: 57

Joined 2009-07-07

PM

I loved the game for the silly, over the top blockbuster which it was, but something needs to change for the series to remain relevant/regain its relevance, especially on the assassination front. As someone else remarked, stealth has precious little to do with it anymore (if it ever really had in the beginning) and the story is becoming more incomprehensible, as the writers tumble over each other in a struggle to make sense of things.

In the end, Assassin’s Creed (for me) is about being an assassin, sneaking around and killing targets in a meticulously crafted historical setting, and although I have loved every single game in the series save the handheld instalments, I still think the first two games did that best. It got silly after that.

“It is so shocking to find out how many people do not believe that they can learn, and how many more believe learning to be difficult.”

Joined 2004-01-05

PM

After 40 and something hours I finished AC III, liked it but some things could have been way better:

- Naval battles were awesome, was not expecting it but ended up having a good time with these almost arcade controls in the side missions, although the maps could be bigger

- Homestead missions were ok, the idea behind it was fine but it had too many little simple missions that end up being boring

- Fort conquest was fun, i just had be completely stealthy and not engaging in the awkward combat of killing everybody in the fort, most of them had different ways to approach them. If I alerted anybody I would just restart.

- Eagle points were disappointing… Those were some of my favourite moments in AC1 and 2 and this one it was only climbing the same tree over and over or some church. Probably because of the setting of the game but still…

- The collectibles, and group missions were ok, specially in the Frontier, bacause of all the tree-climbing.

- The caravans, inventions stuff could have been nice but the interface was atrocious, really slow to make anything.

- Connor was a weakest of the ancient protagonists for me - Enzio and Altair being more interesting and the stuff that happens in the final chapters doesn’t make sense in this storyline. The setting was great, but the Templar/assassin story was a bit disappointing.

- In relationship with the point above, the main story missions - the assassions were not very good, too much scripted stuff. AC 1 might have been repetitive in the side quests but story assassinations were much more fun.

- The Desmond ending was ridiculous (what was that?!?) and the Desmond missions were bad (specially the Abstergo one!!) I was not very invested in this story after the ending of AC2, it just got insane so I wasn’t terribly disappointed about it.

Now this was a huge hit for Ubi so if they are going to make a trilogy based on these ancient characters these are my wishes:

- Haytham London adventures - The more obvious one, playing has young Haytham in London. Showing the Templar side, why is he a Templar? and so on

- Caribbean - Open world caribbean sea map playing has pirate Connor controlling a ship going from island to island and lots of boats to plunder. Maybe one bigger city and lots of forest, volcanos to climb.

Now on to AC3: Liberation…

You are here: HomeForum Home → Gaming → General → Thread

Welcome to the Adventure Gamers forums!

Back to the top