• News
  • Reviews
  • Top Games
  • Search
  • New Releases
  • Daily Deals
  • Forums

Adventure Gamers - Forums

Welcome to Adventure Gamers. Please Sign In or Join Now to post.

You are here: HomeForum Home → Gaming → Adventure → Thread

Post Marker Legend:

• New Topic New posts
  • Old Topic No new posts

Currently online

diegoSpeedBo

Support us, by purchasing through these affiliate links

AG needs screenshots!

Total Posts: 1341

Joined 2012-02-17

PM

Ever wonder how you could help make Adventure Gamers better?  (Or never wonder and now realize you should have?)  Well, you can!  And it doesn’t take any special skills, just a bit of effort. 

We want your screenshots! 

We’re pretty set for all new games, but many of our image galleries are extremely sparse, if not completely bare, particularly for older or more obscure games.  So the next time you’re playing such a game, why not take some pics?  Or send us any you already have.  I asked for some old Tex screens not long ago, and soon found myself with an embarrassment of riches.  I’m sure we could do the same for many, many more.  A bunch of you are currently playing Space Bar together… guess how many screens we’ve got for that game?  Zip!  That’s just one example, but there are many to choose from.  Chances are, if you’re playing any game older than a few years, we could use more images!

There are free screen capture programs available to download if you’re feeling so inclined, but for the most part, any keyboard with a “Print Screen” button on it is all the technology you need (well, that and a basic image program to paste it into). Try for a nice selection of interesting locations, characters, and puzzles that reflects the best and most diverse elements of each game (ten pics of the opening cutscene is not particularly helpful). And avoid huge walls of text; screenshots are for pretty pictures, not ugly words.  Oh, and we do ask that you avoid any images that could be considered a major spoiler.

We fell short of a wiki-style user system with the latest round of site updates, but it’s still easy enough to send them along.  Just zip ‘em and email ‘em to me at jackal(at)adventuregamers.com, and I’ll upload them. 

Thanks in advance, shutterbugs!

Total Posts: 974

Joined 2007-02-23

PM

Jackal, are you only interested in pictures from games that has none or also from games that only has maybe 4 or 5 pictures?

Joined 2012-02-17

PM

Any game at all.  Even one with 20 pics already is fair game if yours are better.  Grin

Total Posts: 974

Joined 2007-02-23

PM

Thanks for the info, I’ll snap some shots of some personal favorites!

Joined 2012-02-17

PM

Looking forward to it, Kasper.

And we’re off to a good start.  Thanks to Bastich, our 11th Hour gallery has gone from bare to bursting.  Looks so much better this way!

Joined 2012-02-17

PM

Lots of great responses already.  Many thanks to diego for a ton ‘o Black Mirror pics, and Advie for a nice selection of Woodruff and the Schnibble and Captain Morgane screens. 

Bastich came through once again, not just with any old screenshots, but screenshots of some of the more obscure games I NEVER thought we’d end up with images for.  His contributions include (deep breath): 9: The Last Resort, Adventure at Chateau d’Or, Aliens: A Comic Book Adventure, Bad Day on the Midway, Corruption, Devo Presents: Adventures of the Smart Patrol, Drowned God, Guild of Thieves, James Clavell’s Shogun, Jinxter, Oo-Topos, The Pawn, the whole Transylvania trilogy, and Trinity.  Whew!

Sorry, we have no formal means on crediting contributors in the galleries themselves, but the least I can do is offer our appreciation here. 

So that’s twenty down, and only many, many hundreds to go.  Tongue Keep ‘em coming!  (There’s no deadline on this project, though.  Consider this a standing request from this point forward.  If you’re playing old stuff, think pics!)

Total Posts: 8720

Joined 2012-01-02

PM

I guess we all love to take our share in supporting AG, Jack you are welcome , but if you thanked everyone (talking about myself) you will do that very much often Sarcastic Tongue

i would like to be more helping; i do search the A-Z list to see which Game lacks Screenshots or needs to add to it, So i was thinking if there are (maybe) specific Titles that are totally empty or have a sort of priority then it would be nice if you mentioned some of them so efforts (which i glad doing) be more efficient.

anyways my credits are to see all AG Games are Full with tons of nice Screenshots .

P.S: i dont know any of those titles that Bastich had worked on Grin Thumbs Up.

Joined 2012-02-17

PM

I don’t really want to prioritize.  There are many games with none, many more with few or just a poor selection in need of improvement.  Really I’d just like people to get into the habit of checking the image gallery whenever they’re about to start playing an older game, and snap away if the need is there.  Smile

But if you’re offering, I have a slightly different project in mind for you.  I’ll shoot you a PM about it soon.

And the Bastich machine keeps rolling along.  Today’s new additions: Alien Incident, Alien Virus, Are You Afraid of the Dark, Ark of Time, Backpacker, Ceremony of Innocence, Circuit’s Edge, The City of Lost Children, Countdown, The Dark Half, Dark Seed II, The Day the World Broke, Juggernaut, Plundered Hearts, Private Eye.

And not to be overlooked, Kasper chipped in with some much needed Broken Sword Director’s Cut pics, and Advie with some Eternally Us freeware screens (yes, we need freeware pics too!).

Joined 2012-02-17

PM

And the hits just keep on coming.  Bastich once again comes through with a host of obscure titles, including Dream Zone, Earthrise, Fellowship of the Ring, Lancelot, The Lurking Horror, Ooze, Queensryche’s Promised Land, Sophie’s World, and the Spellcasting trilogy.

But striking back in the I’ve-played-games-most-people-have-never-even-heard-of-department, Fien has generously chipped in with a nice selection of pics for Louis Cat Orze, and (ask and ye shall receive)... The Space Bar!

And Advie’s keeping our newer games covered with additinal pics for Tales of Monkey Island and The Silver Lining.

Total Posts: 8720

Joined 2012-01-02

PM

WAAOOOWW!!!  Gasp

Actually there are 2 things must say ,

Bastich, Geoff Tate would be proud of you and should gift you barrels of his Vintage Wine.

Promised Land is My favotite Song of my Favorite Band EVER !
i always thought Queensryche Die Hard Fans are Long Dead

Fien , make me feel positively glad that i had Changed my Username ...just in time.  Cool

Total Posts: 794

Joined 2003-10-05

PM

Jackal, what about games that aren’t in the database? Are you interested at all in adding more entries or do you just want us to stick to games that are already there?

Total Posts: 794

Joined 2003-10-05

PM

Advie - 23 August 2012 11:40 PM

Bastich, Geoff Tate would be proud of you and should gift you barrels of his Vintage Wine.

He should give me a lot more than that for playing that terrible game… Smile

Joined 2012-02-17

PM

Bastich, other games are welcome as well.  I’ve got a list of nearly 50 more games to add to the database already; just haven’t found the time to get to it yet.  Having screenshots will probably be just the movivation I need.  Smile

And I see that you’ve just swamped my inbox with another list of games.  Really, this is fantastic.  To catch up, I now have: Daughter of Serpents, Echo Night: Beyond, Fascination, Gord@k, Gothos, Jack the Ripper ‘95, Kronolog, Les Manley 1, Maupiti Island (you happy, Agustin?) MISSING: The 13th Victim, Orion Conspiracy, Panic in the Park, Personal Nightmare, The Scross, Silverload, Universe, Voyeur, and the white chamber.

And completing the Les Manley series, Advie managed to fill in a rare gap left in Bastich’s wake.

Joined 2012-02-17

PM

More pics!

Once again, Bastich leads the way with: The 7th Guest, Adventures in Serenia, Dr. Dumont’s Wild P.A.R.T.I., Druuna: Morbus Gravis, Freddy Pharkas, Harvester, Hell: A Cyberpunk Thriller, and Necronomicon.

But that’s not all, as Advie chipped in with some Silver Lining 4 screens, and Fien gave little Gnap his due with some great U.F.O. shots.

Continued thanks for what we’ve got so far, and more contributions are always welcome (from anyone).

Joined 2012-02-17

PM

More pics!  Bastich continues to be a one-man wrecking crew, finally coming up with some games that even I hadn’t heard of. Tongue New additions include: 20,000 Leagues Under the Sea, Ace Ventura, Adventures of Down Under Dan, Altered Destiny, Black Dahlia, Cosmology of Kyoto, Dragonsphere, Gnome Ranger, The Hobbit, Hound of Shadow, Ingrid’s Back!, Tex Murphy: Martian Memorandum, and Twilight’s Ransom.

And as a reminder to all that we need pics for popular games as well obscure ones, Advie sent us some Sam & Max Hit the Road screens. 

Much obliged, you two.  The rest of you, join in any time.  Grin

Total Posts: 14

Joined 2012-10-03

PM

There are various box covers missing as well. How to proceed here, if interested?

You are here: HomeForum Home → Gaming → Adventure → Thread

Welcome to the Adventure Gamers forums!

Back to the top