• News
  • Reviews
  • Top Games
  • Search
  • New Releases
  • Daily Deals
  • Forums

Adventure Gamers - Forums

Welcome to Adventure Gamers. Please Sign In or Join Now to post.

You are here: HomeForum Home → Gaming → General → Thread

Post Marker Legend:

• New Topic New posts
  • Old Topic No new posts

Currently online

Support us, by purchasing through these affiliate links

millenia’s 2015

Total Posts: 1555

Joined 2005-12-06

PM

Well the thing is that some of the visual novels are actually really not available like anywhere, others you can order with horrible prices, like 80-100$ plus postal fees. VNdb doesn’t really direct you to the stores that sell the physical copies. And then you still need to download the English patch and hope it works.

I understand that people want to demo the game in these cases even if it’s not by 100% legal means, while I don’t really understand why so many developers still don’t have any digital sales. I definitely will support all the official translations of any good visual novel, and especially in a sub-genre of BL which is sooo obscure.

But VNdb.org is a good site anyway. Great way to do searches too, you can cross reference several tags, publishing language, platform etc. Can quite nicely list all English translated games of certain topics.

Personally I’d really like to learn more Japanese but I can barely manage my day to day live as it is, so extra studies is really not an option right now.

And I’m all for confusing Timovieman Tongue.

Currently Playing: Dragon Age Origins: Awakening
Recently Played: Red Embrace: Hollywood, Dorfromantik, Heirs & Graces, AI: The Somnium Files, PRICE, Frostpunk, The Shapeshifting Detective (CPT), Disco Elysium, Dream Daddy, Four Last Things, Jenny LeClue - Detectivu, The Signifier

Total Posts: 8471

Joined 2011-10-21

PM

millenia - 12 March 2015 01:56 PM

And I’m all for confusing Timovieman Tongue.

Pan

The truth can’t hurt you, it’s just like the dark: it scares you witless but in time you see things clear and stark. - Elvis Costello
Maybe this time I can be strong, but since I know who I am, I’m probably wrong. Maybe this time I can go far, but thinking about where I’ve been ain’t helping me start. - Michael Kiwanuka

Joined 2005-12-06

PM

So I went and started an actual blog about the games I play. I’m going to add everything from here in there - in time. Hoping I wont neglect it after a few days - it’s me after all.

Anyway, a link: http://luxatarnia.wordpress.com/

Recently Played: Red Embrace: Hollywood, Dorfromantik, Heirs & Graces, AI: The Somnium Files, PRICE, Frostpunk, The Shapeshifting Detective (CPT), Disco Elysium, Dream Daddy, Four Last Things, Jenny LeClue - Detectivu, The Signifier

Total Posts: 8471

Joined 2011-10-21

PM

millenia - 20 March 2015 09:30 PM

Anyway, a link: http://luxatarnia.wordpress.com/

Nice! And here’ some fittingly named music to go with it… Wink

The truth can’t hurt you, it’s just like the dark: it scares you witless but in time you see things clear and stark. - Elvis Costello
Maybe this time I can be strong, but since I know who I am, I’m probably wrong. Maybe this time I can go far, but thinking about where I’ve been ain’t helping me start. - Michael Kiwanuka

Joined 2005-12-06

PM

Oh dear, what a coincidence!  Cool

You are here: HomeForum Home → Gaming → General → Thread

Welcome to the Adventure Gamers forums!

Back to the top