• News
  • Reviews
  • Top Games
  • Search
  • New Releases
  • Daily Deals
  • Forums

Adventure Gamers - Forums

Welcome to Adventure Gamers. Please Sign In or Join Now to post.

You are here: HomeForum Home → Gaming → General → Thread

Post Marker Legend:

• New Topic New posts
  • Old Topic No new posts

Currently online

chrissie

Support us, by purchasing through these affiliate links

General Gaming News Thread

Total Posts: 7109

Joined 2005-09-29

PM

This review covers everyone up,

Good Job.

Total Posts: 1279

Joined 2012-07-11

PM

SoccerDude28 - 25 February 2015 12:08 PM

In my last company I worked at, the moment we got an executive from EA, the whole culture went to shit. RIP Telltale games. You will be missed.

Not the best of news. Oh well, time will tell I guess. Frown

Recently completed: Game of Thrones (decent), Tales from the borderlands (great!), Life is Strange (great!), Stasis (good), Annas Quest (great!); Broken Age (poor)

Joined 2005-09-29

PM

We Happy Few looks creepy awesome, one step above Contrast.

http://compulsiongames.com/en/10/we-happy-few

Also Trine3 reveal trailer, i am liking the whole 3D space movements.

Total Posts: 8998

Joined 2004-01-05

PM

We happy Few looks interesting, has kind of Bioshock vibe.

Trine 3 looks beautiful

Total Posts: 2704

Joined 2004-08-02

PM

Oh these are the developers of Contrast. After I was so hyped about Contrast, and it turned out to be a meh game, I am not holding my breath. Hopefully, they can prove me wrong with their new game.

Joined 2005-09-29

PM

Madmax Sept 3rd.

MGSV Sept 1st, damn too late.
Kojima all set to keep showing off more at conventions and spoiling rest of the game, like
past games.
Whats worse??
Silenthill(s) pretty much confirmed for 2017.

Joined 2005-09-29

PM

Just in,

PSN+ March free games.

PS4
Valiant Hearts
Oddworld New ‘n Tasty
Olliolli2 (vita too)
Counter spy

PS3
Sherlock Holmes: Crimes and Punishment
Papa & Yo

Best PSN+ month, petty much useless to buy small Indie games, just wait for PSN Grin

Total Posts: 2648

Joined 2004-01-18

PM

March’s PS+ free games are finally announced.

Oddworld: New ‘n’ Tasty (PS4)
Valiant Hearts: The Great War (PS4)
Papo & Yo (PS3)
Sherlock Holmes: Crimes and Punishment (PS3)
CounterSpy (PS3, cross-buy on PS4, PS Vita)
OlliOlli 2: Welcome to Olliwood (PS Vita, cross-buy on PS4)

An adventure game is nothing more than a good story set with engaging puzzles that fit seamlessly in with the story and the characters, and looks and sounds beautiful.
Roberta Williams

Total Posts: 2704

Joined 2004-08-02

PM

Today Valve announced Source Engine 2. Today is 3/3/2015, so lots of people are reading too much into the threes. Could it finally happen?

Total Posts: 8998

Joined 2004-01-05

PM

SoccerDude28 - 03 March 2015 08:27 PM

Today Valve announced Source Engine 2. Today is 3/3/2015, so lots of people are reading too much into the threes. Could it finally happen?

Yes, it happens that GDC is starting Smile

LFD3 will probably be out first, but I think HL3 maybe after. They also announced Steam controller + Steam Machines + Steam Link for the end of the year.

VR seems to be blowing up at GDC with finally some dates being thrown around:
- Morpheus from Sony in first half 2016
- Valve+HTC thing maybe this year

Joined 2012-07-11

PM

I’m I the only one that doesn’t care for VR? I can see it being good for some genre’s but that’s about it.

As for Half Life 3, didn’t they say ages ago it will most likely be made with Source 2 engine?

Recently completed: Game of Thrones (decent), Tales from the borderlands (great!), Life is Strange (great!), Stasis (good), Annas Quest (great!); Broken Age (poor)

Joined 2005-09-29

PM

Tad - 04 March 2015 03:24 AM

I’m I the only one that doesn’t care for VR? I can see it being good for some genre’s but that’s about it.

As for Half Life 3, didn’t they say ages ago it will most likely be made with Source 2 engine?

For experience i care, for gaming i do not. I cannot see myself playing for 3hrs on VR.
Some one i know already mentioned screen burning on eye, and some other who have motion sickness. So for specific genre and experience it would be cool but unsure otherwise.

As for HL3, Wilco is right about LFD3 being first, many of these things were leaked from
file parameters. And i don’t know if HL3 is as gigantic as CoD or GTA, it would not reap
GTA money on PC, no matter what , critically acclaimed??? perhaps, like BSInfinite.
And Source 2 cannot steal Order thunder IMO, maybe close to UE4, with lots of modding possibilities , not a breakthrough like HL2 first reveal.

Joined 2012-07-11

PM

Bit of a confession…but I don’t actually like Half Life. *recoils due to expecting a punch*

The tech was good, but I just never found it that compelling or interesting as a game. Kinda like Unreal or Crysis I suppose.

Regardless, I think at this stage it would never live up to the hype.

Joined 2005-09-29

PM

Tad - 04 March 2015 05:03 AM

Bit of a confession…but I don’t actually like Half Life. *recoils due to expecting a punch*

The tech was good, but I just never found it that compelling or interesting as a game. Kinda like Unreal or Crysis I suppose.

Regardless, I think at this stage it would never live up to the hype.

HL was amazing for its time, subtle environmental story telling, HL2 was generic alien drivel, and later talking aliens were cringe worthy at best.
You are not alone, though PC users/oldfans will inflate is importance regardless.

Total Posts: 3

Joined 2015-02-27

PM

For me HL2 was awesome,HL is a classic in general speaking but a game with so many pro and cons for all games who played at the time, what I’ve been notice is that all commentaries are after few years,i mean about cons, i play on best servers like 2 hours per day for free.

You are here: HomeForum Home → Gaming → General → Thread

Welcome to the Adventure Gamers forums!

Back to the top