• News
  • Reviews
  • Top Games
  • Search
  • New Releases
  • Daily Deals
  • Forums

Adventure Gamers - Forums

Welcome to Adventure Gamers. Please Sign In or Join Now to post.

You are here: HomeForum Home → Gaming → General → Thread

Post Marker Legend:

• New Topic New posts
  • Old Topic No new posts

Currently online

chrissieJdawg445KeybordzSpeedBozobraks

Support us, by purchasing through these affiliate links

General Gaming News Thread

Total Posts: 2648

Joined 2004-01-18

PM

I trust Giant Bomb and they have trashed this game.

I’m going to wait for a sale on this one.

Not paying £50 for a 6-7 hour mediocre game.

An adventure game is nothing more than a good story set with engaging puzzles that fit seamlessly in with the story and the characters, and looks and sounds beautiful.
Roberta Williams

Total Posts: 7109

Joined 2005-09-29

PM

Lucien21 - 19 February 2015 04:18 PM

I trust Giant Bomb and they have trashed this game.

I’m going to wait for a sale on this one.

Not paying £50 for a 6-7 hour mediocre game.

Do you have a choice??

If yes, Get Dying Light, better than Farcry series.

Edit:

@ Socccerdude

ROFL, people are loving to bash this game.

Though i agree with this,

http://www.neogaf.com/forum/showpost.php?p=152807033&postcount=5780

Joined 2005-09-29

PM

When i first looked at the teaser pic last year, i said to myself, this is the Adv game i want to play, explore galaxies , planets, meet with fancy characters, and travel with airship in shootemup style.

https://www.kickstarter.com/projects/imagosfilms/starr-mazer

Luckily the game came up on KS and now its funded.

Keiji Yamagishi, the composer of Ninja Gaiden is also on board to provide music for Starr Mazer.

Total Posts: 8998

Joined 2004-01-05

PM

Good news
Danganronpa: Another Episode is being localized and releases this Fall!

(It’s not an adventure game)

Total Posts: 1279

Joined 2012-07-11

PM

Cringe worthy voice over, but another 3D 90s platformer appears! https://www.kickstarter.com/projects/classicgamejunkie/clive-n-wrench-3d-action-platformer

Recently completed: Game of Thrones (decent), Tales from the borderlands (great!), Life is Strange (great!), Stasis (good), Annas Quest (great!); Broken Age (poor)

Joined 2004-01-05

PM

Leaked video of the cancelled Legavy of Kain game from Square-Enix

Looks like a Batman Arkham/Shadow of Mordor type of game. COuld have been good

Joined 2004-01-05

PM

Lionsgate has announced investment in the no stop Telltale games factory. What will result of it is still unknown, some kind of tv show/game hybrid.

http://www.eurogamer.net/articles/2015-02-24-hunger-games-film-studio-lionsgate-announces-telltale-investment

Liongate own Hunger Games, so maybe it’s something with that.

Good thing they are “only” working now on :
Borderlands
Game of Thrones
Walking Dead Season 3
Minecraft
New IP

Total Posts: 2704

Joined 2004-08-02

PM

wilco - 24 February 2015 11:09 AM

Lionsgate has announced investment in the no stop Telltale games factory. What will result of it is still unknown, some kind of tv show/game hybrid.

http://www.eurogamer.net/articles/2015-02-24-hunger-games-film-studio-lionsgate-announces-telltale-investment

Borderlands
Game of Thrones
Walking Dead Season 3
Minecraft
New IP

Although I like Telltale, I think they are spreading themselves too thin, and reaching the point of game fatigue at this point. They should lower their output a little, and try to iterate over their design formula to provide some variety in gameplay.

Total Posts: 1279

Joined 2012-07-11

PM

It’s getting ridiculous now. They can’t even get two titles out in good time, never mind this. They messed up The Wolf Among Us and TWDS2 and now they’ve messed up Tales from the Borderlands.

So far they’ve announced Minecraft, their own IP and have TftB and GoT on the go and are struggling.

I’m actually really annoyed with them now as it’s been an age since we’ve seen Tftb episode 2 and I certainly won’t be buying from them intill the whole season is out in future.

Recently completed: Game of Thrones (decent), Tales from the borderlands (great!), Life is Strange (great!), Stasis (good), Annas Quest (great!); Broken Age (poor)

Joined 2005-09-29

PM

@tad and wilco

Seriously TTG pipeline is shit. I am still waiting for Blands , and i know when 3rd ep will release they will give even better season pass discount.
It was hard to resist so i gave in, and bought season pass.

As far as Deadsun, it looked miles better than Mordor or Batman , since i am HUGE fan of the series. Actually i had quit games after Soulreaver, it was soo good.
It looks as good as a spinoff as HR was for DeusEx.
Zelda+Realm shifting + Sound design,music and VA in that video is really good, ofcourse
not at the level of main games as they were as good as PlanescapeTorment in writing/setting, even better, but thats the benefit of using spinoff and new hero.

2 new vids have popped up, apparently they had plan to show CG trailer at E3.

Shattered Memories, Origins, Sudeki and this, Climax studios were dark horse.

Joined 2005-09-29

PM

wilco - 24 February 2015 11:09 AM

Borderlands
Game of Thrones
Walking Dead Season 3
Minecraft
New IP

Well it didn’t take long.

The changes at Telltale Games are continuing with confirmation that John Riccitiello has joined the company’s board of directors.

Riccitiello is the current CEO of Unity and has twice been the boss of EA, with his second tenure ending in early 2013.

For extra context.

http://www.neogaf.com/forum/showpost.php?p=153608768&postcount=22

Don’t know if Unity will serve them any better.
Don’t know if TTG will continue surprising me with their writing after releasing announced titles.

Joined 2004-01-05

PM

nomadsoul - 25 February 2015 08:14 AM

Well it didn’t take long.

The changes at Telltale Games are continuing with confirmation that John Riccitiello has joined the company’s board of directors.

Riccitiello is the current CEO of Unity and has twice been the boss of EA, with his second tenure ending in early 2013.

For extra context.

http://www.neogaf.com/forum/showpost.php?p=153608768&postcount=22

Don’t know if Unity will serve them any better.
Don’t know if TTG will continue surprising me with their writing after releasing announced titles.

Well, not to be too much catastrophic but that will be the end of Telltale. Neutral

I guess it’s safe to say a new Sam and Max will never happen

Total Posts: 2704

Joined 2004-08-02

PM

In my last company I worked at, the moment we got an executive from EA, the whole culture went to shit. RIP Telltale games. You will be missed.

Joined 2005-09-29

PM

Ubi on AssCreed

“We’ve created 500, 600, 700 years worth of history that we hope to start teasing out for the next 10, 20 years or however long we’re around.”

Joined 2004-01-05

PM

nomadsoul - 27 February 2015 12:11 PM

Ubi on AssCreed

“We’ve created 500, 600, 700 years worth of history that we hope to start teasing out for the next 10, 20 years or however long we’re around.”

Good, good! Give me more! muahahahahah

(but seriously, ubi, please don’t release another ultra-buggy AssCreed…)

You are here: HomeForum Home → Gaming → General → Thread

Welcome to the Adventure Gamers forums!

Back to the top