• News
  • Reviews
  • Top Games
  • Search
  • New Releases
  • Daily Deals
  • Forums

Adventure Gamers - Forums

Welcome to Adventure Gamers. Please Sign In or Join Now to post.

You are here: HomeForum Home → Gaming → General → Thread

Post Marker Legend:

• New Topic New posts
  • Old Topic No new posts

Currently online

IronCretin

Support us, by purchasing through these affiliate links

Is Staff of Kings REALLY that bad?

Total Posts: 49

Joined 2014-05-28

PM

I know, it’s not technically an adventure game, but man, there’s a deficit of solid Indy adventures, and it would be swell to strap on that whip, grab a tube of Astroglide, and start cracking some crystal skulls.  I’ve heard some jive reviews and thought I’d check in with the resident experts before officially giving up on this one.

And, if not Staff of Queens, are there any other solid indy’s out there other than FOA and Last McSade?

Thanks in advance for your responses.  This is some important !@#$.

Total Posts: 4011

Joined 2011-04-01

PM

CaptainRottingham - 09 February 2015 05:09 PM

And, if not Staff of Queens, are there any other solid indy’s out there other than FOA and Last McSade?

I liked the two action games Emperor’s Tomb and Infernal Machine. Please note they are very much action-exploration games, like Tomb Raider. I think Staff of Kings is in the same category, although I haven’t played it.

Total Posts: 1891

Joined 2010-11-16

PM

looks like its pure action, and very quick time event heavy. (and no jump button, just move to a platforming spot and then it reacts to a button to perform an action).

Total Posts: 49

Joined 2014-05-28

PM

Yeah the negative reviews seem to focus on the fact that, instead of solving puzzles and advancing a through-composed story line, you basically have to sit there wagging the Wii remote around like a possessed kitten on catnip.

Total Posts: 187

Joined 2013-11-12

PM

Staff of Kings is definitely a perfect game and Wii-wagging doesn’t always work perfectly, but the game is not absolutely awful; I myself thought it was fairly entertaining (going in with low expectations). Then again, I picked it up for 5 euro. The story is classic Indy and hey, you get FOA with it!

It is not an exploration-based adventure title though; it’s pure action. You go through each stage, defeat the enemies, set-off a set piece once in a while, do some shooting… Oh, I remember the fighting was pretty fun though: you could basically use everything in a room to fight (a fish bowl, billiard balls etc).

“Rationality, that was it. No esoteric mumbo jumbo could fool that fellow. Lord, no! His two feet were planted solidly on God’s good earth” - Ellery Queen, The Lamp of God

You are here: HomeForum Home → Gaming → General → Thread

Welcome to the Adventure Gamers forums!

Back to the top