• News
  • Reviews
  • Top Games
  • Search
  • New Releases
  • Daily Deals
  • Forums

Adventure Gamers - Forums

Welcome to Adventure Gamers. Please Sign In or Join Now to post.

You are here: HomeForum Home → Gaming → General → Thread

Post Marker Legend:

• New Topic New posts
  • Old Topic No new posts

Currently online

Support us, by purchasing through these affiliate links

Last finished game

Total Posts: 8471

Joined 2011-10-21

PM

No offense, but you’re officially nuts… Gasp

Well done, “the guy”! How long did it take you?

The truth can’t hurt you, it’s just like the dark: it scares you witless but in time you see things clear and stark. - Elvis Costello
Maybe this time I can be strong, but since I know who I am, I’m probably wrong. Maybe this time I can go far, but thinking about where I’ve been ain’t helping me start. - Michael Kiwanuka

Total Posts: 28

Joined 2010-05-14

PM

TimovieMan - 06 January 2015 12:53 PM

No offense, but you’re officially nuts… Gasp

Well done, “the guy”! How long did it take you?

Hehe, yeah i’m a sucker for punishment :p and Thx! Smile

It took me about two weeks. There were times i HAD to take a break, otherwise you just burn out. The bosses “Motherbrain” and “The Guy” seriously pissed me off, god how much i suffered! Naughty But it felt so good to beat “the Guy” Thumbs Up

Total Posts: 28

Joined 2010-05-14

PM

So i finished I wanna be the Guy : Gaiden Act 1 . Quite fun and maddening :p, but much easier than it’s predecessor.

Also finished “Insanity’s Blade”. I choose the hard option and the bosses were a huge letdown (too easy). Fun game though, 7,5/10

Total Posts: 7109

Joined 2005-09-29

PM

Killer Instinct S1/S2

Good effort to bring old franchise back, new characters are abominations and online
is really dope.  4/5

Ryse

For fans of Rome/Greek period, this game serves right, albeit too repetitive. Huge potential to go bonkers in sequel and expanding on the ideas and theme making it more bold.  3/5

Sunset Overdrive

Fun and mindless. This is as fun on XB1 as Infamous was on PS4. 4/5

Titanfall

Love Mechs and Mobility, wish it had Hawken like map design and better story.
Foundation base is strong to really shine in sequel.

3.5/5

Total Posts: 2648

Joined 2004-01-18

PM

Someone bought an xbone.

An adventure game is nothing more than a good story set with engaging puzzles that fit seamlessly in with the story and the characters, and looks and sounds beautiful.
Roberta Williams

Joined 2005-09-29

PM

Lucien21 - 17 February 2015 07:51 AM

Someone bought an xbone.

http://www.adventuregamers.com/forums/viewthread/2601/P150/#76157

Total Posts: 2704

Joined 2004-08-02

PM

nomadsoul - 17 February 2015 03:38 AM

Sunset Overdrive

Fun and mindless. This is as fun on XB1 as Infamous was on PS4. 4/5

You know as much as I wanted to like Sunset Overdrive, I just could not get into it. From the skater brah tone of the game, to my suckiness at shooting stuff with a controller while skating at fast speeds, it just didn’t click with me the way Ratchet and Clank did before.

Total Posts: 2648

Joined 2004-01-18

PM

nomadsoul - 17 February 2015 01:53 PM
Lucien21 - 17 February 2015 07:51 AM

Someone bought an xbone.

http://www.adventuregamers.com/forums/viewthread/2601/P150/#76157

Weirdly enough I dont read every post on the site and therefore missed that one.

An adventure game is nothing more than a good story set with engaging puzzles that fit seamlessly in with the story and the characters, and looks and sounds beautiful.
Roberta Williams

Joined 2005-09-29

PM

Order

Pros

-Graphics, Art, theme, characters, over all personality of franchise which make other war shooters, jungle simulators or games with typical themes stale.
- Love the alternate take on Victorian age and its characters with supernatural stuff in the mix, memorable legends are part of the twist.
- Tesla tech powered weapons and their designs are creative and oozing with detail.
- Gameplay is smooth, solid, and packs a punch.
- There is no loading in the game.
- In terms of Sony franchises, Lastofus > god of war > Order > UC > killzone > infamous.

Cons

- Finished in 7 to 8 hrs, will replay soon on Hard.
- I need sequel already.
- Long cutscenes that are whole chapters themselves.
- Lycans encounters are heavily underused.

For people confused of what this game is set out to do.
Think Fear Effect.
It was best looking game on PSX, with linear gameplay, story heavy, memorable characters
and super cinematic with linear gameplay.

Joined 2005-09-29

PM

Dying Light

10/10

My first GoTY nominee.

Pros

-Takes Mirror edge gameplay(parkour) mobility, openworld of farcry and Deadrising and perfectly blend it.
-Items/loot hunt to craft weapons, and survive. Lots of crafting options, that rewards your exploration.
-Night brings menacing breeds and make the game hard.
Variety of walkers.
-Gameplay is super smooth and manual dexterity is much better than all other open world FP games (Its not Deadisland).
-A+ level design, parkour, free runners dream , locations and items/props are densely populated.
-Love the Slums, Favela of Brazil + Middeleastern flavor, the rating was looming around 9, later i found out its just one huge area fo the two main lands.
The other big area, is sick combo of Paris, Jerusalem and Morrocco.
-Story is really good for a game from Techland, guess they have good grip on B movie genre, improvement from equally awesome Gunslinger.
-Ability points to move your character faster, learn dropkicks, become super agile, and plenty of other variety in character development that are not perfunctory and skill trees are huge. Tombraider can learn alot.
-Music is awesome (10/10), catchy beats that are played quite often still good.

Multiplayer allows you to join game on the fly, which is super fun, esp when you can play story mode with others unlike Farcry.
Multi also allows you to share weapons and hunt creatures at night. Other players can invade your game too like Demon’s Souls.
Feeling of running/parkour across the map with other players cannot be matched, then you are randomly offered challenges to get more score for various activities.
-Loot is shared, which is huge plus unlike RE5.
-My fav coop after Demon’s Souls.

Best Moment,

Running across rooftops with other people while one guy using his modified (flame) sword (2 handed weapon) to cleanup enemies, one other got attacked, i came in running from one rooftop to another roooftop where action was taking place, jumped to him , and performed dropkick in midair to the enemy (before touching the ground) to save him, amazing stuff.
And its just one of the moments that made me go nuts over this title.

Cons

Hard to think of any, it gets what it aims for, however i didn’t like how your weapons which you updgrade and are crucial to your survival can only be repaired few times only.
Which means my 500 dmg weapon got wasted eventually.

Total Posts: 8998

Joined 2004-01-05

PM

The Order

Game is great, reviews are terrible.

I hope nobody is missing one of best and most original new IP for this gen. Characters, design and story presentation is top.

Suddendly a game is bad because it isn’t full with open-world collectathon quests or tacked on multiplayer.

Hope there is a sequel.

Total Posts: 2704

Joined 2004-08-02

PM

wilco - 26 February 2015 10:23 AM

The Order

I hope nobody is missing one of best and most original new IP for this gen. Characters, design and story presentation is top.

Suddendly a game is bad because it isn’t full with open-world collectathon quests or tacked on multiplayer.

Hope there is a sequel.

I am sick of reviewers panning a game because it is too linear or too short. It’s like every game has to be open world these days and 50+ hours long, or it is not worth it. I don’t see movie critics saying, “Well this movie was one and a half hour long, so it is not worth watching”.

Total Posts: 1338

Joined 2009-08-06

PM

SoccerDude28 - 26 February 2015 12:30 PM

The Order

Hope there is a sequel.

I am sick of reviewers panning a game because it is too linear or too short. It’s like every game has to be open world these days and 50+ hours long, or it is not worth it. I don’t see movie critics saying, “Well this movie was one and a half hour long, so it is not worth watching”.

The critism for The Order is not that it is too linear. It is that the cutscene/gameplay ratio is apparently too ridiculous. From what I have heard is that there are barely any sequences of gameplay. What is the point of it being a game then? A pretty valid critism imho if true.

I can also understand that this will weigh less for adventure gamers, since they usually play videogames for narrative. For people that came in expecting a 3rd person shooter against a steampunk victorian london backdrop I could see them being disappointed.

Joined 2005-09-29

PM

Origami - 26 February 2015 03:12 PM
SoccerDude28 - 26 February 2015 12:30 PM

The Order

Hope there is a sequel.

The critism for The Order is not that it is too linear. It is that the cutscene/gameplay ratio is apparently too ridiculous. From what I have heard is that there are barely any sequences of gameplay. What is the point of it being a game then? A pretty valid critism imho if true.

I can also understand that this will weigh less for adventure gamers, since they usually play videogames for narrative. For people that came in expecting a 3rd person shooter against a steampunk victorian london backdrop I could see them being disappointed.

Barely any gameplay is hyperbolic statement, played twice, normal and hard and its amazing fun TPS. (More than 4hours for sure).
There are journos calling it bland looking and occasionally looks good, clearly shows
dissing for the sake of it, not just gameplay and 2/10 ratings??

There is more net hours of player agency in this game than TWD S1,2 and TWAU combined.
(yes you can sit and count , not to mention trophies and different difficulty settings).
And TWD S1 was not just pseudo AG, it was GoTY, lol, just because writing and characters,
which is entirely subjective. (Glad many PS4 owners want sequel and loved Order world).

So even 20$ price of TWD vs Order 60$ point scoring is baseless, since we can get both games on discount.
And Order graphics/art are best out there for technophiles who actually care about these things.
There are people who pay 100$ for figurines, and amibos.
There are Cars that are Class A and more premium which eats diesel/petrol/gas than bad looking ones with more mileage.
Mileage is not the answer too always.

Perceived value means different things to different people, questionable gaming journalists wrongfully made the conclusion that everyone has the same idea of value.

If bang for buck is the only criteria, and graphics ain’t, why not start paying 60$
for indies lasting for 8+ hours.

In VG journalist industry, the amount of knowledge informed by hypocrisy and double
standards is staggering.

Its doing better than Evolve in UK as single platform title, hopefully it will sell good,
like other low rated games Destiny.
Need sequel.

Total Posts: 8998

Joined 2004-01-05

PM

So true, maybe F2P games should be the best reviewed games, they basically give you infinite gameplay for free!...............

Besides the length and cutscenes ratio that reviews of The Order were pilling (and were mostly exaggerating) on the most common complaint was the lack replay value and that was another eye-rolling one… and from reviewers that barely finish most games once or barely try out multiplayer before spewing out day 1 reviews.

The Order has some big problems (boss fights QTEs, typical modern combat, story needs sequel for example) but definitely didn’t deserve to be crapped on… Something like the Tomb Raider reboot got glowing reviews from everywhere and featured the same shallow combat and linearity. but hey, it had that big island to explore with it’s random collectibles and “tomb puzzles”. Also had multiplayer, of course, and everybody certainly played it a lot…

You are here: HomeForum Home → Gaming → General → Thread

Welcome to the Adventure Gamers forums!

Back to the top