• News
  • Reviews
  • Top Games
  • Search
  • New Releases
  • Daily Deals
  • Forums

Adventure Gamers - Forums

Welcome to Adventure Gamers. Please Sign In or Join Now to post.

You are here: HomeForum Home → Gaming → Adventure → Thread

Post Marker Legend:

• New Topic New posts
  • Old Topic No new posts

Currently online

chrissie

Support us, by purchasing through these affiliate links

AG needs screenshots!

Total Posts: 1341

Joined 2012-02-17

PM

Sorry, Gamnos.  Missed your initial post.  There actually shouldn’t be too many box covers missing now, since that’s been one of our major projects of late.  But if you have more, you can shoot them to me by email (jackal[at]adventuregamers.com)

Screenshots have slowed down of late, but not entirely.  A reader named Veronika (whom I believe is a forumite but can’t be sure) topped up our Last Express and Starship Titanic pics, and HandsFree has given us our first selections for Harvest and On Assignment.  Plus AG’s own TimovieMan and Advie are keeping our LucasArts and Sierra classics looked after.

Still lots of holes left, so don’t be shy!

Thanks again to everyone who’s contributed (and sorry if I’ve forgotten anyone along the way).

Joined 2012-02-17

PM

I’ve fallen way behind on my acknowledgements, but we’ve had lots of great new additions since the last update.

Advie’s been the busiest screenshot hunter of all, providing us with pics for Adventures of Valdo and Marie, Alice: An Interactive Museum, Camelot Galway, Cameron Files 2, CHAOS Continuum, Crusader, Daedalus Encounter, Drascula, Dust, Eastern Mind, Egypt 2, and The Exchange Student 1 and 2.

Fewer in number, but no less appreciated are Kasper’s contributions for 7 Days a Skeptic and Broken Sword 2 Remastered; HandsFree with a great selection of Clandestiny amd Guilty screens; and a reader named Bryan for a wealth of Entombed pics.

Our very own TimovieMan has also been busy, filling out our (previously) woefully underwhelming galleries for the likes of Day of the Tentacle, Discworld Noir, Flight of the Amazon Queen, Grim Fandango, King’s Quest 5 nd 6, and Monkey Island’s 1-3.

I don’t think I forgot anyone, but if I did, I apologize (and feel free to remind me; there’s always next time!)

Keep ‘em coming, folks; all are appreciated.

Total Posts: 27

Joined 2013-01-06

PM

Hi… I am new here…. I see that you need some screen shots, so here are some mine. I have them on my flickr so if you need them you can free download… I dont have them on PC so cant send them via email….

Black Mirror Adventures
http://www.flickr.com/groups/2157370@N21/pool/?view=ju

The Testament of Sherlock Holmes
http://www.flickr.com/groups/2157348@N23/

Primordia
http://www.flickr.com/groups/2128481@N20/

The Walking Dead
http://www.flickr.com/groups/2162080@N23/pool/?view=ju

and just started Lost Chronicles of Zerzura so there are few shots only….
http://www.flickr.com/groups/2158070@N21/

On my flickr account there are many other screenshots from different games, (Far Cry 3, Assassins Creed 3, Dishonored….............

Joined 2012-02-17

PM

I’ve fallen way behind on my acknowledgements. Not because there haven’t been any new contributions, but because Bastich’s latest batch included a whole bunch of games I’d never even heard of! Who knew that this request would lead to so much homework? Tongue

The many new games provided by Bastich include: Amnesia (1986, not the new one), Arazok’s Tomb, Bargon Attack, Black Sanctum, Bride of the Robot, Bud Tucker in Double Trouble, Calixto Island, Chop Suey, Cracking the Conspiracy, Creature Crunch, Crime Time, Curse of Enchantia, Dare to Dream 1-3, Demon’s Forge, Demon’s Tomb, Dylan Dog: Through the Looking Glass, Emmanuelle, Fool’s Errand, Geisha, Ghostly Desires, Hollywood Monsters, Igor: Project Uikokahonia, In the Dead of Night, Knight Orc, and TKKG: Mahan Treasure.

Also helping us plug some much needed gaps was Sabacc, who grabbed screens for Clue Chronicles: Fatal Illusion, Fable, Mummy: Tomb of the Pharaoh, Return of the Phantom, Star Trek: Judgment Rites, and Thorgal’s Quest.

And last but not least, AG stalwarts Advie and TimovieMan helped beef up our woefully-underwhelming galleries for Gabriel Knight 3, Gobliins 2, Syberia (Advie) and Escape from Monkey Island and Space Bar (TimovieMan). And someone sent me pics of Journeyman Project 1 and King’s Quest 7, but I forget who (sorry about that—I know, I suck).

So, that’s another 38 looking good. As always, thanks to everyone who contributed. 

Still lots of games left.

Joined 2012-02-17

PM

Got a whole new slew of screenshots since the last update. In the last few months we’ve added a great selection of pics from the following contributors:

Bastich - Atlantis: The Lost Tales, Blown Away, Books of Watermarks, A Case for TKKG: Jennifer is Missing, Chaos: A Fantasy Adventure Game, Connections, The Dame Was Loaded, Dive, DogDay, Down in the Dumps, Koala Lumpur, Lords of Tantrazz, Odyssey, Orion Burger, Pyst, Safecracker (1997), Secrets of the Luxor, Shard of Inovar, Snow Job, Tanita, Tracer Sanction, Weird, Wrath of the Gods.

Axiom - 3 Skulls of the Toltecs, Gobliiins 1-3, Putt Putt Joins the Parade, Return to Zork, Ringword, Teenagent.

Sabacc - Hugo 2 and 3, Simon the Sorcerer 2, Star Trek: Deep Space Nine - Harbinger, Star Wars: Yoda Stories.

Advie - Last Half of Darkness: Society of the Serpent Moon, Phantasmagoria, Police Quest 4, Qin, Sacred Mirror of Kofun, Tales of Monkey Island

Zifnab - Sentient

TimovieMan - King’s Quest 7

And last but certainly not least, a reader named Natalia, who didn’t identify herself by AG user name - Lure of the Temptress

As always, many thanks to those who contributed. The gaps are filling up! Still lots more, though.

Total Posts: 8720

Joined 2012-01-02

PM

Jack, you killed your thread? Wink

Total Posts: 1555

Joined 2005-12-06

PM

I’ve been snapping some pics while playing now (unfortunately not from games that have 0 pics or anything) and I’m wondering if I should do the pruning myself or can I just send all 30+ pics away and make Jackal choose? Smile

I also have some puzzle shots that might be just a bit spoilerish (on the puzzle solution mainly), but also being great as they do show what kind of puzzles there are. Nothing that reveals any major plot points or straight out gives the solution though. Should I add a warning with these shots so they can be skipped if it comes to that? Or just leave them out?

Currently Playing: Dragon Age Origins: Awakening
Recently Played: Red Embrace: Hollywood, Dorfromantik, Heirs & Graces, AI: The Somnium Files, PRICE, Frostpunk, The Shapeshifting Detective (CPT), Disco Elysium, Dream Daddy, Four Last Things, Jenny LeClue - Detectivu, The Signifier

Joined 2012-02-17

PM

Okay, time for a long-overdue screenshot update!

Since last we checked in, the following pics have been graciously provided for your viewing pleasure.

Advie: Ankh, Black Cauldron, Codename: ICEMAN, Conquests of the Longbow, Crusader, EcoQuest, Gabriel Knight 1 (the original), Gobliiins, Goblins Quest 3, Gold Rush! (the original), King’s Quest 1 (the… well, you know), Laura Bow: A Colonel’s Bequest, Leisure Suit Larry 3, Pepper’s Adventures in Time, Police Quest 2, Quest for Glory 2, Space Quest 2 and 3

Chrissie: Chronicles of the Sword, Final Destination, Lifestream, Shady Brook

geosuv: Paradise, Secret Files: Tunguska, Syberia, Syberia 2

natalia: Qin

TimovieMan: Callahan’s Crosstime Saloon, Obsidian

vaapku: The Riddle of Master Lu

Also, someone sent me pics of Mixed-Up Mother Goose, but I’ve forgotten who. I’ll go out on a limb and guess it was Advie, who’s proven himself once again a champion of old Sierra, but if I’m wrong, please feel free to correct me.

As always, many thanks to those who have contributed. And yet, there’s still tons of games with skimpy galleries, so let’s not quit now!

millenia - 11 September 2014 06:31 AM

I’ve been snapping some pics while playing now (unfortunately not from games that have 0 pics or anything) and I’m wondering if I should do the pruning myself or can I just send all 30+ pics away and make Jackal choose? Smile

I also have some puzzle shots that might be just a bit spoilerish (on the puzzle solution mainly), but also being great as they do show what kind of puzzles there are. Nothing that reveals any major plot points or straight out gives the solution though. Should I add a warning with these shots so they can be skipped if it comes to that? Or just leave them out?

Sorry, millennia, I missed this post until now. (These sticky threads don’t update properly with new posts. Grrr…)

For your first question, I’d say a little of both. If a pic doesn’t pass your own quality test, ditch it! But err on the side of sending too many than too few. Smile As for puzzle pics, that’s a tougher one. It’s probably best not to have pics that blatantly spoil puzzle solutions, but anything short of that is fair game. If you’re still undecided, send it along with an explanation of what it does/doesn’t spoil, and we’ll go from there.

Total Posts: 8720

Joined 2012-01-02

PM

Finally Sarcastic
thanks Jack for the updates, yea that was me ;Mixed up Mother Goose Smile

Joined 2012-02-17

PM

Thanks to our diligent forum member Vaapku, we’ve had quite a few more great screenshot galleries expanded (and in some cases, started) in recent months. She alone has contributed pics for both versions of Nancy Drew: Secrets Can Kill, City of Secrets (so many secrets!), Opera Fatal, and the newly-released Tormentum (can’t have enough screen grabs of its jaw-dropping art).

But Vaapku did us one better by also roping her friend Urszula into the fray, from whom we got new pics for Atlantis 2 and 3, Reah, Rhem 1, Schizm, and Sentinel.

Thanks, ladies!

Joined 2012-02-17

PM

Score!

First up was diego, with some much-needed Toonstruck pics (community playthroughs, FTW!)

And then Sabacc dropped a motherlode on us with great selections for Hugo’s House of Horrors, Indiana Jones and his Desktop Adventures, Legend of Kyrandia 3, Myst 4, Mystery of the Mummy, Riddle of the Sphinx 2, and Star Treks 25th Anniversary, Hidden Evil, and A Final Unity, all of which had few-to-no images in their current galleries.

Many thanks, once again. And keep snapping!

Joined 2012-02-17

PM

Okay, time to catch up on screenshot credits once again.

Advie has contributed pics for the newer Black Sails and Stasis, while one of the welcome byproducts of wilco’s intrepid march through Legend’s entire catalogue is a set of much-needed screen caps for Gateway 1&2, Timequest, and Superhero League of Hoboken.

Thanks guys!

Plenty more games with skimpy galleries. Don’t be shy. Smile

Joined 2012-02-17

PM

Time for another long-overdue update! The new submissions aren’t coming in quite as fast and furious as they once were, but a few extremely helpful members continue to help plug the gaping holes in our database galleries.

This time around, our many thanks go to:

Vaapku (who, with help from Urszula was determined to come up with not only new pics, but obscure games even I’d never heard of before): 1heart, Dragon History, Hariboy’s Quest, Nancy Drew: Stay Tuned for Danger, and Soltys.

Advie: Ankh 2, Deponia Doomsday

Sabacc (who took time out from creating his own games) to provide us with much better image selections for: Blade Runner, Dark Side of the Moon, Gabriel Knight 2, Gobliins 2, Hardy Boys: The Hidden Theft, Inherit the Earth, Journeyman Project 3, Nancy Drew: Curse of Blackmoor Manor, and Zak McKracken FM Towns version.

Much appreciated, folks! And to all the rest, just a reminder that if you’re (re)playing old faves, please check out our image galleries for those games to see if they need some reinforcements.

Joined 2012-02-17

PM

This being Christmas, what better time than to express thanks for the gift of more screenshots. In this case, it’s particularly seasonal, because Sabacc (of Sleuthhounds fame) has been literally echoing the “twelve days of Christmas” with a host of new pics everyday! The latest gallery updates with his fingerprints all over it are Amazon: Guardians of Eden, Blackwell Unbound, Gold and Glory: The Road to El Dorado, Inca, King’s Quest I (SCI version), The Lost Files of Sherlock Holmes: The Case of the Serrated Scalpel, Pajama Sam 1&2, Police Quest 1&3, Space Quest 4, and Torin’s Passage.

Whew! Many thanks, Sabacc!

And definitely not to be overlooked, another very welcome pair of contributions from vaapku for An American Tale: Fievel Goes West and Timelapse. Yay! (And thank you.)

If you think that must be EVERY game stuffed to the gills with screenshots, though, nothing could be further from the truth. So please keep AG in mind when you’re playing through a game, and check to see if we have a healthy gallery for it. If not, you can really help us out!

Joined 2012-02-17

PM

Holy cow, has it been a year already? Must be long overdue time for another update then!

Once again, most of our latest contributions have come from Sabacc’s incredible Twelve Days of Adventure Games Christmas holiday odyssey. I don’t know how he does it, but I’m sure glad he did. The games that now have fat, happy image galleries are: Alone in the Dark 1-3, Beneath a Steel Sky, The Bizarre Adventures of Woodruff and the Schnibble, Broken Sword: The Shadow of the Templars, Inca 2, Jack Orlando, The Journeyman Project 2, Kathy Rain, King’s Quest: Mask of Eternity, The Longest Journey, Mean Streets, Peasant’s Quest, Quest for Glory 1, Shadow of Destiny, and Tony Tough and the Night of the Roasted Moths.

(Inhales deeply before passing out…)

Whew! Thanks, Sabacc!

But absolutely not to be forgotten are great new pics from other members as well, including Delaware St. John 1 from vaapku, and AdzTheEterntal chipping in with CAYNE, Syberia 1 and 2, and Thimbleweed Park.

Thanks to you both as well!

And please do keep this ongoing request for more screenshots in mind EVERY time you play a game. Not just the old ones—some of the newer games get very few promo pics from developers, so the more the merrier! So hey, if you’re starting a new game, have a peek at our image gallery for it, and if it’s looking underwhelming, I encourage you to snap away while you play!

You are here: HomeForum Home → Gaming → Adventure → Thread

Welcome to the Adventure Gamers forums!

Back to the top