• News
  • Reviews
  • Top Games
  • Search
  • New Releases
  • Daily Deals
  • Forums

Adventure Gamers - Forums

Welcome to Adventure Gamers. Please Sign In or Join Now to post.

You are here: HomeForum Home → Gaming → Adventure → Thread

Post Marker Legend:

• New Topic New posts
  • Old Topic No new posts

Currently online

CharophyceanchrissieKeybordz

Support us, by purchasing through these affiliate links

The adventure game discount thread

Total Posts: 12

Joined 2012-06-30

PM

louiedog - 30 June 2012 02:17 PM

The Journey Down Part 1 is part of the Indie Royale Summer Bundle along with 7 other games.

http://www.indieroyale.com/

Nice one, will check that out!

My review site of Diablo 3 fast leveling guides

Total Posts: 1555

Joined 2005-12-06

PM

Is there anything interesting on the other games in that pack? Dino Run seems pretty whacky but anything adventurey?

Currently Playing: Dragon Age Origins: Awakening
Recently Played: Red Embrace: Hollywood, Dorfromantik, Heirs & Graces, AI: The Somnium Files, PRICE, Frostpunk, The Shapeshifting Detective (CPT), Disco Elysium, Dream Daddy, Four Last Things, Jenny LeClue - Detectivu, The Signifier

Joined 2005-12-06

PM

This GoG summer sale is sucking me dry too. Today there’s Little Big Adventure and Another World, tomorrow Scratches and Sanitarium… I’ve been waiting for sales for all these old adventures and now they’re popping up like crazy.

Recently Played: Red Embrace: Hollywood, Dorfromantik, Heirs & Graces, AI: The Somnium Files, PRICE, Frostpunk, The Shapeshifting Detective (CPT), Disco Elysium, Dream Daddy, Four Last Things, Jenny LeClue - Detectivu, The Signifier

Total Posts: 56

Joined 2011-07-29

PM

Jurassic Park on PSN is 30%-50% off depending on whether you have Playstation Plus (which you probably should). I’m trying to decide whether JP is worth it for $10.

Total Posts: 130

Joined 2011-06-02

PM

Green Man Gaming is having a 25% off sale for everything in the store, including a number of adventure games. Use code 25OFF-ALLTH-EGAME. Some games are already on sale and this code will stack.

link

Total Posts: 236

Joined 2006-10-06

PM

Joined 2005-12-06

PM

BigFish daily deal is AGON: The Lost Sword of Toledo at 2.99$

Joined 2011-06-02

PM

Tales of Monkey Island just got a retina display update on the iPad and they’re giving away the first episode to promote it. Episodes 2-5 are 50% off.

link

Total Posts: 236

Joined 2006-10-06

PM

Joined 2011-06-02

PM

All signs point to the Steam Summer Sale starting today in about an hour. For those unfamiliar with them, Steam does two big sales every year. One is in the winter and another in the summer. Most of the store will be on sale and there are many big discounts. Generally things are on sale for the entire duration at discounts of up to 50% and then some items become daily deals at higher discounts of 75% or more. DO NOT BUY an item unless it’s a daily deal. You could buy a game on Day 2 for $7 and then find it dropped to $3 on Day 3. If something hasn’t gotten a daily deal by the last day, go ahead and get it.

In addition to price drops, there are also special bundles and packs. This year’s adventure game packs are:

- Telltale Collection - (Back to the Future, Puzzle Agent, Puzzle Agent 2, Jurassic Park, The Walking Dead, Tales of Monkey Island)

- Cyan Complete Pack 2012 - Real Myst, Myst Masterpiece Edition, Myst V, Riven, Uru, Spelunx, Manhole, Cosmic Osmo

- Deep Silver Compilation - Dead Island & DLC, Emergency 2012, Iron Front, Jane’s Advanced Strike Fighters, Lost Horizon, Nail’d, Risen, Risen 2, Rush for Berlin, Sacred 2, Secret Files, Secret Files 2, The Dark Eye, The Whispered World (this one may not be worth it if you just want the AGs from it)

- Pendulo Adventure Pack - Runaway: A Road Adventure, Runaway: The Dream of the Turtle, Runaway: A Twist of Fate, The Next BIG Thing

- Focus Hit Collection - A Game of Thrones, Blood Bowl: Legendary Edition, Cities XL 2012, Runaway: A Road Adventure, Runaway: A Twist of Fate, Runaway: The Dream of the Turtle, Sherlock Holmes vs Jack the Ripper, The Next BIG Thing, Wargame: European Escalation, Yesterday

- Nancy Drew Collector Pack - Nancy Drew: Danger by Design, Nancy Drew: Last Train to Blue Moon Canyon, Nancy Drew: The Haunted Carousel, Nancy Drew: The Curse of Blackmoor Manor, Nancy Drew: Danger on Deception Island, Nancy Drew: Ghost Dogs of Moon Lake, Nancy Drew: Legend of the Crystal Skull, Nancy Drew: Lights, Camera, Curses, Nancy Drew: Secret of the Old Clock, Nancy Drew: Secret of the Scarlet Hand, Nancy Drew: The Creature of Kapu Cave, Nancy Drew: The Haunting of Castle Malloy, Nancy Drew: The Phantom of Venice, Nancy Drew: The White Wolf of Icicle Creek, Nancy Drew: Ransom of the Seven Ships, Nancy Drew: Resorting to Danger, Nancy Drew: Trail of the Twister, Nancy Drew: Warnings at Waverly Academy, Nancy Drew: Shadow at the Water’s Edge

all known packs can be found here

In addition to sales, they also run promotions during these things that can get you free coupons (which stack on the discounts) and games. Getting achievements, participating in community features, etc. often get you chances to win these items. If you go to your community profile now there is a new badge feature which seems tied in with this sale.

Joined 2011-06-02

PM

Lots of deals in the steam summer sale. The Walking Dead is 25% off. Double Fine games are all 50% off. Pendulo games are 40% off. Syberia 1 and 2 are 75% off ($2.50 each or $3.74 for both). Dreamfall + Longest Journey are 50% off. Lost Horizon 50% off. And on and on… None of those are daily deals though so I recommend waiting unless you really want to play them tonight.

Feel free to look at my wishlist which has a lot of AGs on it. I recommend creating your own and visiting each day to see what the discounts are. It’s the best way to see the prices on what you’re interested in since almost the entire store is on sale.

Portal 2 is a daily deal. 75% off ($5). That one is unlikely to go cheaper.

Joined 2005-12-06

PM

I hope the Nancy Drew pack is finally under 40€... I’ve always been eyeing it but it’s still been too much. The site is going down now all the time for the heavy use so will have to check out the adventure games a bit later.

Aaaand it seems the pack is gone. Most likely just from Europe or something but doesn’t really help me.

Feeling kinda underwhelmed now. I’m thinking about Heroes VI which is still 15€ and I think I’ll grab the Lucas Pack on the last day (in case it would be a daily deal and even cheaper) but otherwise I’m not feeling it. I will probably end up grabbing some unnecessary daily deals though.

Joined 2011-06-02

PM

millenia - 12 July 2012 02:13 PM

I hope the Nancy Drew pack is finally under 40€... I’ve always been eyeing it but it’s still been too much. The site is going down now all the time for the heavy use so will have to check out the adventure games a bit later.

Aaaand it seems the pack is gone. Most likely just from Europe or something but doesn’t really help me.

It seems like a few of the packs are still coming. A couple of others that were detailed before the sale only went live a few minutes ago.

Joined 2005-12-06

PM

Well I mean I can’t find the whole pack anymore. The sale shouldn’t take away the whole page. Same thing with that Heroes, there was supposed to be a big Might and Magic pack for 25€ but now it’s gone and googling tells me it’s because of region. So I’m guessing Nancy Drew has poofed from Europe, or at least in Finland. *Annoyed*

Joined 2011-06-02

PM

millenia - 12 July 2012 03:24 PM

Well I mean I can’t find the whole pack anymore. The sale shouldn’t take away the whole page. Same thing with that Heroes, there was supposed to be a big Might and Magic pack for 25€ but now it’s gone and googling tells me it’s because of region. So I’m guessing Nancy Drew has poofed from Europe, or at least in Finland. *Annoyed*

I don’t see it here in the United States either. It’s possible that it was pulled to be replaced by the new pack that was added to the Steam registry which hasn’t been added to the store yet. I imagine it’ll show up soon.

You are here: HomeForum Home → Gaming → Adventure → Thread

Welcome to the Adventure Gamers forums!

Back to the top