• News
  • Reviews
  • Top Games
  • Search
  • New Releases
  • Daily Deals
  • Forums

Adventure Gamers - Forums

Welcome to Adventure Gamers. Please Sign In or Join Now to post.

You are here: HomeForum Home → Gaming → Adventure → Thread

Post Marker Legend:

• New Topic New posts
  • Old Topic No new posts

Currently online

diegoIronCretinJdawg445Lady Kestrelluckyloserwalas74

Support us, by purchasing through these affiliate links

Adventure Game Scene of the Day — Saturday 12 April 2014

Total Posts: 794

Joined 2003-10-05

PM

We have a body identification in process in this scene from SFPD Homicide Case File: The Body in the Bay (1995) (a.k.a. Golden Gate Killer), a police procedural based on an actual murder case in San Francisco. In fact, you actually get advice in the game from the actual detective in charge of the real-life case.

The game is geared towards realism and is actually timed in that you have two work weeks to catch the killer, with each action you take causing various amounts of time to pass. You’ll gather physical evidence and send it to the lab for the appropriate tests, interview witnesses, interrogate suspects and even work with the DA to make a solid case in court.

It doesn’t, however, feature any vampires or remote controlled alien abductor toys.

Total Posts: 133

Joined 2006-02-14

PM

OMG, that is awesome! *must track down this game*

I play story-heavy games, watch animation, anime, B-movies, disaster movies, sci-fi movies and crime shows and try to write about it all on my blog: Snark, pedantry and random geekery

Total Posts: 4011

Joined 2011-04-01

PM

Looks and sounds quite a bit like the Santa Fe series, which I liked. The time limits, realism, gathering evidence and interrogations. I might have to track this one down.

Is that the main character on the screenshot? She doesn’t look much like a seasoned detective - looks like she needs a peg for her nose or maybe a bucket to vomit in Mini Frown  Sick

Total Posts: 794

Joined 2003-10-05

PM

As the body is unidentified at this point in the game, one thing you can do is look at missing person reports that seem to match the physical attributes of the victim and call in family members to see if you can get lucky and find someone who can identify the body. So the woman above is just an unlucky civilian I dragged in to look at a corpse which she doesn’t recognize. I bet I made her day.

Anyway, you can get this game used for pretty cheap if you don’t care about the box and stuff.

Total Posts: 7432

Joined 2013-08-26

PM

Oscar - 12 April 2014 12:54 AM

Looks and sounds quite a bit like the Santa Fe series, which I liked. The time limits, realism, gathering evidence and interrogations. I might have to track this one down.

I liked it more than the Elk Moon Murder (haven’t played Sacred Ground)

Is that the main character on the screenshot?

No, the main character is you.

See you around, wolf. Nerissa

Total Posts: 4249

Joined 2005-04-14

PM

Oscar - 12 April 2014 12:54 AM

Is that the main character on the screenshot?

No, silly, that’s just a corpse.

Everybody wants to be Cary Grant.
Even Me.

-Cary Grant

Total Posts: 4011

Joined 2011-04-01

PM

And? Main characters can be corpses, can’t they?

Total Posts: 4

Joined 2020-02-12

PM

I loved the pushy inspector in this game barking at you like a drill instructor.  Yeah SFPD Homicide is a true gem.

You are here: HomeForum Home → Gaming → Adventure → Thread

Welcome to the Adventure Gamers forums!

Back to the top