• News
  • Reviews
  • Top Games
  • Search
  • New Releases
  • Daily Deals
  • Forums

Adventure Gamers - Forums

Welcome to Adventure Gamers. Please Sign In or Join Now to post.

You are here: HomeForum Home → Gaming → General → Thread

Post Marker Legend:

• New Topic New posts
  • Old Topic No new posts

Currently online

Lady Kestrel

Support us, by purchasing through these affiliate links

Assassin’s Creed Unity / Rogue

Total Posts: 8998

Joined 2004-01-05

PM

Another year, another Assassin’s Creed. This one is PC and next-gen only. I think they will have another one for PS3/360 generation.

Little teaser trailer to show the setting. (Don’t believe it’s actually in-game…) I like it, they go back to Europe, french revolution, climbimg Paris buildings.

I hope they finally change the combat gameplay but they probaly won’t.

Total Posts: 7109

Joined 2005-09-29

PM

wilco - 21 March 2014 06:42 PM

Another year, another Assassin’s Creed. This one is PC and next-gen only. I think they will have another one for PS3/360 generation.

Little teaser trailer to show the setting. (Don’t believe it’s actually in-game…) I like it, they go back to Europe, french revolution, climbimg Paris buildings.

I hope they finally change the combat gameplay but they probaly won’t.

Another downgrade incoming Tongue, even if its target render footage.

There werer parkour up and down buttons on early leaked images so maybe
they will put some work in gameplay.

Tailing and boring stealth,eavesdropping have to go…so that i also hop in the series.

Total Posts: 880

Joined 2010-02-15

PM

Doesn’t matter, its in-engine and not far from what PC and Next-Gen can do. More so for the PC though.

Stuart Bradley Newsom - Naughty Shinobi || Our Game: Shadow Over Isolation

Total Posts: 1075

Joined 2003-09-30

PM

Good,expect rush a release for this spring and a spin off for autumn.

“Going on means going far - Going far means returning”

Joined 2010-02-15

PM

Gabe - 22 March 2014 04:05 AM

Good,expect rush a release for this spring and a spin off for autumn.

What rush? When you have two different developers, neither are rushed. They both have a good amount of time to provide a great experience. People always ignore this fact and assume one developer is constantly on crunch time just to get as many games out at once.

Its not different from having another team write a book and another a comic. Different teams but as long as they have a great lead and excellent direction, there is nothing wrong with releasing multiple products a year.

Joined 2005-09-29

PM

Even with time AC is filled glitches and lack of polish.
Yes Unity is in development since 3 yrs and i hope like last gen AC1 launch , this game will serve as frontrunner for graphical showcase and what was shown in trailer is not another smoke and mirror shit. I think its doable considering how good infamous looks.

Also there were rumors of different ps360 version set in london. Factory product now like
Fifa,NFS,CoD etc what fascinating is it also sells like hot shit each year even with all
the franchise fatigue.

Joined 2004-01-05

PM

nomadsoul - 23 March 2014 01:14 AM

Also there were rumors of different ps360 version set in london. Factory product now like
Fifa,NFS,CoD etc what fascinating is it also sells like hot shit each year even with all
the franchise fatigue.

Brand awareness maybe, it’s even stranger because the weakest one (AC3) was the one that broke barriers in sales probably because of the setting. Also the story setting makes it easy to jump to different time periods and places avoiding the fatigue.

The bugs and glitches are not that bad (Elder Scrolls franchise is much worse) and with open worlds and huge development teams they’ll probably always be present.

Total Posts: 2648

Joined 2004-01-18

PM

They are flogging this horse into a skeleton.

AC doesn’t need to be an annualised release, it’s not a sports game and unlike Call of Duty it requires a lot more commitment to play.

However if we keep buying (Each game averages 10-12 million units) them they will keep churning them out. ACIV (6th actual game) saved the series are after Brotherhood the games were on a serious downhill trajectory.

Trailer looks all right, but could care less about the setting. No boats makes me wonder what theya re going to replace it with or is it just back to the city gameplay.

An adventure game is nothing more than a good story set with engaging puzzles that fit seamlessly in with the story and the characters, and looks and sounds beautiful.
Roberta Williams

Joined 2005-09-29

PM

Lucien21 - 23 March 2014 07:40 AM

AC doesn’t need to be an annualised release, it’s not a sports game and unlike Call of Duty it requires a lot more commitment to play.

However if we keep buying (Each game averages 10-12 million units) them they will keep churning them out. ACIV (6th actual game) saved the series are after Brotherhood the games were on a serious downhill trajectory.

Trailer looks all right, but could care less about the setting. No boats makes me wonder what theya re going to replace it with or is it just back to the city gameplay.

Why doesnt, look from business and money perspective, its Ubis cashcow now, they will
only change if the fatigue will reflect in sales, which aint the case.
Unfortunately WE is wrong term, there is this huge crowd out there mainly mainstream
around the globe that dig this series. This series in top 10 most selling and
most famous. Almost every other person who play games, AAAs try it each year.

even if hardcore gamers will avoid it the general populace wont, and i guess
what wiico said is quite true, maybe its the different time period stuff that
attracts the punterz.

Look at this shit, its there on top and its Ubi chart

More at

http://mp1st.com/2013/05/15/call-of-duty-top-selling-franchise-of-the-generation-says-ubisoft/

Btw, heard there can be some side naval battles of napolean wars as last gen ver.
or small part of current gen(ps4/xb1).

Joined 2010-02-15

PM

Lucien21 - 23 March 2014 07:40 AM

They are flogging this horse into a skeleton.

You make it seem like it takes more than 1 year to beat. Thats the thing, you say commitment as if its takes years to recover from. Annual is never a problem if the hierarchy is done right.

@Nomad: Why would hardcore gamers avoid it? An idiot would avoid a good story, something that none of the other games on that list has. Assassins Creed has one thing that a lot of niche games don’t have, an environment globally excepted because of its variety and expansive nature of its mythology. The series is interesting, has a lot of content, and quite well done. I’ve never experience bugs that would make me scoff at the idea of AC being a good game either. OMG that leg is going through the ground! THIS GAME SUCKS! Thats what I’m hearing from any complaints regarding bugs. Its a polished game.

Joined 2005-09-29

PM

Monolith - 23 March 2014 01:38 PM

@Nomad: Why would hardcore gamers avoid it? An idiot would avoid a good story, something that none of the other games on that list has.

I said even if (read again), out of fatigue.
And some gamers find the story of AC more idiotic than themselves, go figure.

Joined 2010-02-15

PM

nomadsoul - 23 March 2014 02:15 PM
Monolith - 23 March 2014 01:38 PM

@Nomad: Why would hardcore gamers avoid it? An idiot would avoid a good story, something that none of the other games on that list has.

I said even if (read again), out of fatigue.
And some gamers find the story of AC more idiotic than themselves, go figure.

Its the only series to develop a believable alternative view on world history. That’s not something that should be scoffed at because its not like Gears of War or Metal Gear Solid. (Though Metal Gear does someone the same thing with modern history but with terrible voice actors and neverending cutscenes).

Idiot is an apt word based on majority of comments I’ve seen with hate toward something they never liked to begin with.

Joined 2005-09-29

PM

Monolith - 23 March 2014 02:28 PM

Its the only series to develop a believable alternative view on world history. That’s not something that should be scoffed at because its not like Gears of War or Metal Gear Solid. (Though Metal Gear does someone the same thing with modern history but with terrible voice actors and neverending cutscenes).

Idiot is an apt word based on majority of comments I’ve seen with hate toward something they never liked to begin with.

MGS really, AC is that special, Ubi cant touch kojima , he has his own style and
recent MGSV gZ story is true to life, controversial,way mature and bleak
than AC matrix kitchensink teen fantasy.

Voiceacting is topnotch, best after MGS 1 and 2.
Kiefer, Robinatkin did great job.
Skullface is solid villian. I like how kojima dealt with prison camp ,
child abuse and PMC etc stuff thats more relevant to current world political drama than
all gods remix in matrix as a cheap excuse to throw assassin in each time period.

And unlike MGS and Gears, AC is coming every year, hence the discussion at hand, that
gamers getting burnt out and they wont burn themselevs through series of
repetitive gameplay, each year, over and over again just for story.

I envy you if you have time for that Tongue

Now that you like AC story , care to share few feelings , what makes it
Citzenkane of gaming??? Wink

Joined 2005-09-29

PM

So Asscreed ps360ver rumor is reconfirmed, set in US with naval fights.

And this

We’d Be “Stupid” to Ignore Demand for Yearly Assassin’s Creed, Insists Ubisoft.

Bail out

Joined 2004-01-05

PM

US setting with naval fights sounds like a rehash of AC3, boring setting, hope it’s not true (It will be…) Would the first one I would not get at lauch  Tongue

Total Posts: 1235

Joined 2013-03-31

PM

Monolith - 23 March 2014 02:28 PM

a believable alternative view on world history

I don’t know if I would call the machinations of a god-like precursor race “believable.”  Wink

You are here: HomeForum Home → Gaming → General → Thread

Welcome to the Adventure Gamers forums!

Back to the top