• News
  • Reviews
  • Top Games
  • Search
  • New Releases
  • Daily Deals
  • Forums

Adventure Gamers - Forums

Welcome to Adventure Gamers. Please Sign In or Join Now to post.

You are here: HomeForum Home → Gaming → General → Thread

Post Marker Legend:

• New Topic New posts
  • Old Topic No new posts

Currently online

diego

Support us, by purchasing through these affiliate links

Alien: Isolation

Total Posts: 7109

Joined 2005-09-29

PM

Not you are not Dreaming, new Alien game is made in the Vein of
EnemyZero, Amnesia and Routine.

Graphics Engine, atmosphere and No HUD, detector based gameplay = Fantastic.

Gamespot has Trailer and Preview vids.

Announcement Trailer:

Gameplay Previews:

http://www.joystiq.com/2014/01/07/bringing-1979s-hide-and-seek-horror-to-2014-with-alien-isolati/

Total Posts: 8998

Joined 2004-01-05

PM

Inspiration in the Ridley Scott movie?
No weapons?
1 alien?
Survival-horror?

What is this? It sounds almost too good! Smile I refuse to believe Sega is publishing a good Alien game…

Total Posts: 2653

Joined 2013-03-14

PM

Luckily there’s still time to turn this into a bad FPS game.

Total Posts: 880

Joined 2010-02-15

PM

wilco - 08 January 2014 08:18 AM

Inspiration in the Ridley Scott movie?
No weapons?
1 alien?
Survival-horror?

What is this? It sounds almost too good! Smile I refuse to believe Sega is publishing a good Alien game…

Even though the game is not developed by the one studio that destroyed the Alien game with the ‘S’ on the end?

Stuart Bradley Newsom - Naughty Shinobi || Our Game: Shadow Over Isolation

Total Posts: 5

Joined 2014-01-04

PM

If done well this could easily be the best Alien game. For one, it has the most interesting setting of all of the previous games that have tried to be good IMHO. The first Alien to me was the best in terms of Cinematography and Atmosphere. It reeked of immaculate artistic detail. It still has the best Chest Burster sequence of any of the films. Also the fact that it’s one Xenomorph means they can focus purely on the tension and terror that made the first film such a damned classic. Here’s hoping they know what the hell they’re doing.

Check out my channel on YouTube for my Playthrough of Broken Sword https://www.youtube.com/user/IneptAdventureGamer

Joined 2004-01-05

PM

Monolith - 08 January 2014 11:32 PM

Even though the game is not developed by the one studio that destroyed the Alien game with the ‘S’ on the end?

Well, I wouldn’t have guessed that Gearbox would fail so much at doing an Aliens game, hopefully Creative Assembly takes the job more seriously, I have hope although they have more of a strategy games history, the potential is there.

Total Posts: 8471

Joined 2011-10-21

PM

Quick, someone inform Stasis developer Christopher Bischoff! He’ll be all over this. Grin

The truth can’t hurt you, it’s just like the dark: it scares you witless but in time you see things clear and stark. - Elvis Costello
Maybe this time I can be strong, but since I know who I am, I’m probably wrong. Maybe this time I can go far, but thinking about where I’ve been ain’t helping me start. - Michael Kiwanuka

Total Posts: 130

Joined 2010-12-09

PM

Oh trust me, I’m devouring everything to do with this game!

Total Posts: 7109

Joined 2005-09-29

PM

https://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_embedded&v=eByJAmVXb5E

I will shit myself if alien will creep from behind like in the video.

Now they are promising organic Ai and i know promises are just that before we will actually play this. But atleast one thing is confirmed from the videos is that they
have nailed the set/level design. We will actually get to explore it.

Total Posts: 2653

Joined 2013-03-14

PM

I really love the design of the game. I hope the game matches the design. Dear gaming gods, let this be an actually good Alien game.

Joined 2011-10-21

PM

I’ve seen enough. This’ll be a no-play for me. I’d die of a heart attack and would be found with soiled pants if I played this… Gasp

Looks awesome, though. Cool

The truth can’t hurt you, it’s just like the dark: it scares you witless but in time you see things clear and stark. - Elvis Costello
Maybe this time I can be strong, but since I know who I am, I’m probably wrong. Maybe this time I can go far, but thinking about where I’ve been ain’t helping me start. - Michael Kiwanuka

Total Posts: 1075

Joined 2003-09-30

PM

Good ol’ alien, waitin Ripley to show inner jaw again.

“Going on means going far - Going far means returning”

Joined 2004-01-05

PM

Those sounds… Dark room + headphones! It’s going to be great (I hope) Will it beat Amnesia in the scare factor?

Total Posts: 2648

Joined 2004-01-18

PM

Now imagine an Oculus Rift version. *SHudder*

An adventure game is nothing more than a good story set with engaging puzzles that fit seamlessly in with the story and the characters, and looks and sounds beautiful.
Roberta Williams

Total Posts: 189

Joined 2010-06-26

PM

Looks amazing! I love the Alien universe and I have high hopes that it will definitely be one of the best Alien games. Doubt I will actually play it myself though.. I can’t seem to get through survival horror games Meh ... a bit of a wuss!

Joined 2011-10-21

PM

Lucien21 - 06 April 2014 12:09 PM

Now imagine an Oculus Rift version. *SHudder*

Yikes, I’m whimpering in a corner just thinking about that. Gasp

Horror movies don’t phase me. Watching someone else play these games either. Yet the second I’m in control at the keyboard I’m a total wimp. The Oculus Rift would kill me with a game like this. Tongue

You are here: HomeForum Home → Gaming → General → Thread

Welcome to the Adventure Gamers forums!

Back to the top