• News
  • Reviews
  • Top Games
  • Search
  • New Releases
  • Daily Deals
  • Forums

Adventure Gamers - Forums

Welcome to Adventure Gamers. Please Sign In or Join Now to post.

You are here: HomeForum Home → Gaming → General → Thread

Post Marker Legend:

• New Topic New posts
  • Old Topic No new posts

Currently online

Support us, by purchasing through these affiliate links

LA Noire concept artist…?

Total Posts: 20

Joined 2007-05-19

PM

So, I’ve been scrounging the web, googling myself dizzy, but I just can’t find the answer for this. What the heck is the name of the artist who created the concept art for LA Noire? You know those beautiful painterly portraits that float around all over the web, like this one.

Does anyone know? This is driving me nuts.

Current favourites: Murdered: Soul Suspect, The Talos Principle
Lasting loves: Tex Murphy, Gabriel Knight, Black Dahlia, Grim Fandango, The Last Express, L.A. Noire, Portal 2

Total Posts: 1075

Joined 2003-09-30

PM

Did you check the credits?

“Going on means going far - Going far means returning”

Total Posts: 2648

Joined 2004-01-18

PM

Might not find it there, there was a lot of controversy at the time about missing credits and mismanagement on that game.

An adventure game is nothing more than a good story set with engaging puzzles that fit seamlessly in with the story and the characters, and looks and sounds beautiful.
Roberta Williams

Total Posts: 880

Joined 2010-02-15

PM

I’m unsure if thats concept art or promotional art. Surprisingly, there is a big difference especially when looking for the credits. Sadly, I don’t know of this particular artist.

Stuart Bradley Newsom - Naughty Shinobi || Our Game: Shadow Over Isolation

Total Posts: 20

Joined 2007-05-19

PM

I think you’re right, this is probably promotional art and not concept art, seeing as they’re all depicting the characters very accurately to how they appear in the game, down to the clothes they wear. I did check the credits, but they’re listing an awful lot of people, and no one that immediately fits the bill. I also found the posts on Rockstar’s web site where they proudly present these pictures as new wallpapers, but not a word of who painted them. Frown

Current favourites: Murdered: Soul Suspect, The Talos Principle
Lasting loves: Tex Murphy, Gabriel Knight, Black Dahlia, Grim Fandango, The Last Express, L.A. Noire, Portal 2

Total Posts: 2653

Joined 2013-03-14

PM

The style does remind me a bit of the style Rockstar uses in GTA promo pics, though they usually have more flat shading in colors. I’d suspect the artist might be the same though.

Total Posts: 1075

Joined 2003-09-30

PM

Call the Rockstar will ya?

“Going on means going far - Going far means returning”

Total Posts: 880

Joined 2010-02-15

PM

tomimt - 08 January 2014 03:03 AM

The style does remind me a bit of the style Rockstar uses in GTA promo pics, though they usually have more flat shading in colors. I’d suspect the artist might be the same though.

Well didn’t Rockstar publish/oversee the project? A lot of publishers handle the marketing aspect and that seems absolutely logical.

Stuart Bradley Newsom - Naughty Shinobi || Our Game: Shadow Over Isolation

You are here: HomeForum Home → Gaming → General → Thread

Welcome to the Adventure Gamers forums!

Back to the top