• News
  • Reviews
  • Top Games
  • Search
  • New Releases
  • Daily Deals
  • Forums

Adventure Gamers - Forums

Welcome to Adventure Gamers. Please Sign In or Join Now to post.

You are here: HomeForum Home → Gaming → Adventure → Thread

Post Marker Legend:

• New Topic New posts
  • Old Topic No new posts

Currently online

Lady Kestrel

Support us, by purchasing through these affiliate links

AG OST

Total Posts: 8720

Joined 2012-01-02

PM

Wake up early for school ,do the home work and walk the dog, these things you get to encounter a lot while playing The Adventures of Willy Beamish  , it wasn’t a very welcoming adventure to play back then with that title even with The Sierra_Online logo shining on the game’s box .. but it turned out being a good AG after all.

No Mark Seibert this time , its Dynamix where Chris Stevens of many other games from the same dev as Heart of China and Space Quest V: The Next Mutation who was behind the music for this one The Adventures of Willy Beamish - Intro & others

Total Posts: 1289

Joined 2012-07-15

PM

Now I’m hungry again.. This thread tends to make me hungry… “OST” means “cheeze” in my language.. Tongue

Duckman: Can you believe it? Five hundred bucks for a parking ticket?
Cornfed Pig: You parked in a handicapped zone.
Duckman: Who cares? Nobody parks there anyway, except for the people who are supposed to park there and, hell, I can outrun them anytime.

Total Posts: 8471

Joined 2011-10-21

PM

Dag - 15 December 2013 04:00 AM

Now I’m hungry again.. This thread tends to make me hungry… “OST” means “cheeze” in my language.. Tongue

Mmmm, a daily AG cheese thread… Tongue

Now I’M hungry…  Crazy

The truth can’t hurt you, it’s just like the dark: it scares you witless but in time you see things clear and stark. - Elvis Costello
Maybe this time I can be strong, but since I know who I am, I’m probably wrong. Maybe this time I can go far, but thinking about where I’ve been ain’t helping me start. - Michael Kiwanuka

Joined 2012-01-02

PM

Today’s meal is half cooked with raw meat and blood .. Grin

I wondered for long time how a game like Yesterday of Pendulo Studios with great voice acting for all the cut-scenes could not have it for the game’s surroundings and item’s descriptions, how an AG like this with a great creepy story and dark atmosphere had missed just the last little amount of spices to make it complete and fully cooked!?, did they get shortened on their budget before it have had been published and does this has to do with Pendulo Studios going for Day One crowdfunding campaign?, which in my opinion had given a trailer for its kickstarter of the best I ever seen, but failed at the end , why ? was it too much artistic for the crowd to swallow .

Yesterday soundtrack is so awesome , I really don’t know how it works at composing AGs soundtrack, does it work like in the movies where the composer work on it by the ,or script at the AG’ing one must watch the animations or at least see the artwork of the game, I don’t know, but I am sure the composer (which I couldn’t find his name or any credits for the game anywhere on the net) did a good job of giving the OST the light sound of the cartoonish creepy AG.
Yesterday - Intro

Joined 2012-01-02

PM

Sci-Fi AGs and their electronic soundtracks are always my favorite choice, Nightlong: Union City Conspiracy is one of those .. I never been able to play the Zoo part because that known crash there, so i loaded a saved game and followed that bridge with more than 30 mins left behind me never got to play, but did watch at youtube.

Its always enjoyable to play with a bad ass sonofabitch like Joshua Reev with scares on his face and sunglasses he never takes them down, you get the feeling that anything you do is acceptable and granted .

The Italian Team 17 and Trecision which also made The Watchmaker later that turned out to be most disappointing ever, did a great job with this one.  Nightlong: Union City Conspiracy - Ending Credits

Music Composed by Gianluca Verrengia

P.S: the audio quality is not great at all, it had been ripped .

Joined 2012-07-15

PM

Advie - 16 December 2013 08:57 AM

Today’s meal is half cooked with raw meat and blood .. Grin

I wondered for long time how a game like Yesterday of Pendulo Studios with great voice acting for all the cut-scenes could not have it for the game’s surroundings and item’s descriptions, how an AG like this with a great creepy story and dark atmosphere had missed just the last little amount of spices to make it complete and fully cooked!?, did they get shortened on their budget before it have had been published and does this has to do with Pendulo Studios going for Day One crowdfunding campaign?, which in my opinion had given a trailer for its kickstarter of the best I ever seen, but failed at the end , why ? was it too much artistic for the crowd to swallow

Pendulo has had a lower budget by each game they’ve released, and subsequently each game have been poorer in quantity than the last. I don’t think the lack of voices on descriptions in Yesterday had anything to do with the fundraiser, but rather that the insufficient budgets they’d been struggling with the past years led them to the crowdfunding market in hopes of not having to make such compromises for Day One.

Why the fundraiser for Day One failed despite having a good pitch video is a different question, and there are a number of reasons. I believe some of them are:

The campaign was not aiming beyond Spanish borders. The comment section was 95% Spanish, including the comments written by the Pendulo themselves. The Pendulo staff would answer questions written in Spanish and ignore comments and questions written in English. It got slightly better after I made a post trying to explain to them how, by this practise, they risk turning off every potential backer who doesn’t understand Spanish, and (some of) their staff began including an English translation after their Spanish posts. They still failed to make non-spaniards feel welcome, and I believe this was their biggest mistake by far. If you’re running an international fundraising campaign, it’s only common sense that you should do so in a language that’s internationally recognized. This felt like an exclusive Spanish club.

They gave a general impression of unwillingness to communicate with their fans and backers.

The updates were few and far between and usually were about previous games rather than the new one.

They stated early in the campaign that in order to make a game of Runaway’s scope, they’d need atleast three times as much money as their set goal, that with the set goal, they could only do one of Yesterday’s scope, which in effect is saying: “even if we reach our goal, we still wont be able to make the kind of adventure game we used to”, again, turning off a lot of potential backers.

Instead of using Kickstarter as their crowdfunding platform, which allready has a large amount of registered adventure gaming users, they went with the lesser known Gamesplanet Lab, limiting the number of people aware of the campaigns existence. They would give evasive answers to the vast number of people who kept asking why they wouldn’t try over again at Kickstarter.

In response to why they were extremely inactive on their fundraiser page, they stated that they were busy doing PR-work. What PR-work? Where? How about sharing what you’re doing on the fundraising page? While they deserted the campaign to do “PR-work” the existing backers were left in a ghost town, watching tumbleweeds blow past. The site looked dead.

If, from the outside, it appears that the very creators of a project doesnt give a shite about it, how can they expect others to?

Duckman: Who cares? Nobody parks there anyway, except for the people who are supposed to park there and, hell, I can outrun them anytime.

Total Posts: 3933

Joined 2011-03-14

PM

Dag - 17 December 2013 12:20 PM

If, from the outside, it appears that the very creators of a project doesnt give a shite about it, how can they expect others to?

I might not have followed the campaign as close as you did, but this wasn’t the impression I got at all.

I do however agree that one of the major reasons for the failure was that they used Gamesplanet Lab instead of KickStarter, but they did explain that as being because it was too difficult for a non-USA company to use KickStarter.

In retrospect they probably wish they had gone through the troubles of using KickStarter.

You have to play the game, to find out why you are playing the game! - eXistenZ

Joined 2012-07-15

PM

Iznogood - 17 December 2013 01:47 PM

I do however agree that one of the major reasons for the failure was that they used Gamesplanet Lab instead of KickStarter, but they did explain that as being because it was too difficult for a non-USA company to use KickStarter.

Yes, and people had trouble buying that explanation since, at the same time, Revolution, another non-USA company, was running a highly successful Kickstarter campaign for Broken Sword 5, proving that it is indeed possible. A possibility Pendulo refused to discuss with their backers.

Total Posts: 6584

Joined 2007-07-22

PM

Pendulo:

2012 - Yesterday (New York Crimes)
2011 - The Next Big Thing (Hollywood Monsters 2)
2009 - Runaway 3: A Twist of Fate
2006 - Runaway 2: The Dream of the Turtle
2001 - Runaway: A Road Adventure
1997 - Hollywood Monsters
1994 - Igor: Target Uikokahonia

At average, they release a game every 2-3 years, so I’m hoping for some news in 2014. Perhaps they were only testing grounds with Day One campaign. I’m not sure why I haven’t played anything after Runaway 3, which I found quite good - perhaps the graphic style/theme in TNBG/Yesterday put me off.

Recently finished: Four Last Things 4/5, Edna & Harvey: The Breakout 5/5, Chains of Satinav 3,95/5, A Vampyre Story 88, Sam Peters 3/5, Broken Sword 1 4,5/5, Broken Sword 2 4,3/5, Broken Sword 3 85, Broken Sword 5 81, Gray Matter 4/5\nCurrently playing: Broken Sword 4, Keepsake (Let\‘s Play), Callahan\‘s Crosstime Saloon (post-Community Playthrough)\nLooking forward to: A Playwright’s Tale

Joined 2012-01-02

PM

All have been said and even more ‘bout Gabriel Knight Sins of the Fathers , still the only thing I am wondering now about is if Gabriel Knight Sins of the Fathers Remake would do its role well at marketing Moebius or..uuh ,is it the other way around?

Gabriel Knight Sins of the Fathers (Remake) - Main Theme

Gabriel Knight Sins of the Fathers (Original) - Main Theme

Joined 2012-01-02

PM

Do all men at Prague wear black jeans with black shirt and black leather jacket ,Richard Rocek of AlternativA reminded me a lot of Adam of Next Life without the accent . Ok my opinion of AlternativA which the best rating it had on any review at the net 65/100 that its a very good game and I am not goin’ through telling why and how.

“If you are going through hell, keep going.” Winston Churchill. that is how the story of AlternativA will look like at the start, Richard Rocek who has just lost his job at a construction site and is trying to cope. he decides to do something, strike out at someone .. and to join anyone else who talks of doing the same.

Through the game and through your PDA you can lay back for a min or two and listen to the one great Song Richard has on his PDA AlternativA - Here Tonight

P.S: I don’t have the game and that is the best quality I got from the net.

Joined 2012-01-02

PM

I didn’t play Discworld Noir or any of the Discworld series , its nothing special I just missed ‘em at their time, I tried once to run Discworld Noir on a modern computer but no luck. Knowing that this game has it’s die hard fans I couldn’t skip it.

Discworld Noir - Soundtrack

The moody music track, laden with ambient sound effects, was composed and recorded by British composer Paul Weir.

Joined 2012-01-02

PM

The piece is from Atlantis II - Tepec

Composed by Pierre Estève

Joined 2012-07-15

PM

Advie - 18 December 2013 10:03 AM

All have been said and even more ‘bout Gabriel Knight Sins of the Fathers , still the only thing I am wondering now about is if Gabriel Knight Sins of the Fathers Remake would do its role well at marketing Moebius or..uuh ,is it the other way around?

Gabriel Knight Sins of the Fathers (Remake) - Main Theme

Gabriel Knight Sins of the Fathers (Original) - Main Theme

Though I prefer the piano in the remake over the synthetic church organ of the original, I’m surprised at the terrible drum machine in the remake, aswell as other outdated VST’s. Offcourse, nothing beats the real thing, but better drum machines existed allready ten years ago. Sounds like Robert Holmes really needs to update his studio equipment.

Joined 2012-01-02

PM

Dag - 21 December 2013 11:28 AM

I’m surprised at the terrible drum machine in the remake, aswell as other outdated VST’s. Offcourse, nothing beats the real thing, but better drum machines existed allready ten years ago. Sounds like Robert Holmes really needs to update his studio equipment.

Lol , maybe he is using some old cracked plugins from the 90’s .. be easy on the guy, composing music is one thing producing is another Smile.

—————————————————————————

Simon The Sorcerer if you happen to shake his hand, remember to count the number of fingers you still got on yours. Sarcastic

Simon The Sorcerer - Main Theme

You are here: HomeForum Home → Gaming → Adventure → Thread

Welcome to the Adventure Gamers forums!

Back to the top