• News
  • Reviews
  • Top Games
  • Search
  • New Releases
  • Daily Deals
  • Forums

Adventure Gamers - Forums

Welcome to Adventure Gamers. Please Sign In or Join Now to post.

You are here: HomeForum Home → Gaming → Adventure → Thread

Post Marker Legend:

• New Topic New posts
  • Old Topic No new posts

Currently online

Jdawg445Lady Kestrel

Support us, by purchasing through these affiliate links

AG OST

Total Posts: 1289

Joined 2012-07-15

PM

Iznogood - 01 December 2013 01:39 PM

*** WARNING LINK CONTAINS MULTIPLE SPOILERS ***

When talking about the Deponia soundtrack I think the Huzzah songs also deserves to be mentioned.

Advie - 01 December 2013 03:57 PM

seriously I got tired of huzzah(s) , but I got your point

Haha, I loved those songs, but I guess watching/listening to all of them in a compilation can get a bit tiresome Wink

Duckman: Can you believe it? Five hundred bucks for a parking ticket?
Cornfed Pig: You parked in a handicapped zone.
Duckman: Who cares? Nobody parks there anyway, except for the people who are supposed to park there and, hell, I can outrun them anytime.

Total Posts: 8720

Joined 2012-01-02

PM

I remember when the talented Simon Mesnard  had mentioned after his game’s release that he had only sold like 15 copies so far, yea that was like only a month after the release date and it might have changed much by now!, anyways it broke my heart all the effort done into that game not to receive what is up not to its level ..

Here are Mesnard own favorites:
A Space Adventure - A Space Journey
A Space Adventure - Odd Arrival

Music Composed by Stélian Derenne

Download all the soundtracks for €4.99 Here

Joined 2012-01-02

PM

Broken Sword V is out tomorrow , so it will be a good chance to post the previous four parts OST through the next days.

Really liked the famous style of pads* sound theme through the 1st and 2nd parts, which gave the series a unique original sound of its own.
Broken Sword The Shadow of the Templars - Catch.

Music composed by Barrington Pheloung.

*keyboard certain sound

Joined 2012-01-02

PM

Always Liked Broken Sword 2 The Smoking Mirror more the original and any other entry of the Series .

Broken Sword 2 The Smoking Mirror - Happiness is inside Job

The game’s soundtrack composed by Barrington Pheloung,
Happiness is inside/closing score performed by Bob Sekar.

Total Posts: 6584

Joined 2007-07-22

PM

Here’s my contribution - Hotel Ubu, although truth to be told, I’d need to replay BS1/2 to remember music… but one thing I liked about it, is how BS1/2 created tension with short music jingles at important places, or when you’ve found some clue. That’s pretty unique to BS games.

Also, I know what track you’ll be posting from BS3. Crazy

Recently finished: Four Last Things 4/5, Edna & Harvey: The Breakout 5/5, Chains of Satinav 3,95/5, A Vampyre Story 88, Sam Peters 3/5, Broken Sword 1 4,5/5, Broken Sword 2 4,3/5, Broken Sword 3 85, Broken Sword 5 81, Gray Matter 4/5\nCurrently playing: Broken Sword 4, Keepsake (Let\‘s Play), Callahan\‘s Crosstime Saloon (post-Community Playthrough)\nLooking forward to: A Playwright’s Tale

Joined 2012-01-02

PM

diego - 04 December 2013 11:22 AM

Also, I know what track you’ll be posting from BS3. Crazy

I am sure you know (rock on Diego) , and I will post it tomorrow, but today I would like to give the fan made Broken Sword 2.5: The Return of the Templars a chance aswl..

Broken Sword 2.5: The Return of the Templars - Titles Theme

Total Posts: 444

Joined 2012-03-30

PM

My little share for the thread. Bunch of random songs that comes to my mind right now. sorry if I repeat someone.

The Longest Journey - Dragon I remember that I was going often to the cafe just to listen some music from the jukebox Smile

Gemini Rue - Another Day’s Work Much of the noir feel of the game is due to this amazing soundtrack.

Botanicula - Bunky I cannot imagine any other music for this quirky game. DVA is an amazing and unique band. I saw them live in Czech Republic and it was completely surreal.

Samorost 2 - Lesik Floex, another very talented czech musician. I adore all of his soundtracks.

Kentucky Route Zero - I cannot single out a track here because I take it as a whole piece. Very moody soundscape for a very moody game

The Neverhood - Jose Feliciano Terry Scott Taylor is pure genius. No more to say.

And of course, good old Samael

Total Posts: 8471

Joined 2011-10-21

PM

I noticed this thread is lacking a mention of my favourite soundtrack for any game ever. Grin

The Dig - Mission to the Asteroid

Michael Land did an amazing job with his soundtrack for The Dig, which is the main reason why the game is so atmospheric. He hit the nail on the head from the very beginning, so I picked the song that plays in the opening credits.

Also because this moment (with the voice over and the sun coming from behind the asteroid and causing lens flare) is one of the biggest goosebumps moments I’ve ever experienced in games. The soundtrack is just THAT good! Cool

The truth can’t hurt you, it’s just like the dark: it scares you witless but in time you see things clear and stark. - Elvis Costello
Maybe this time I can be strong, but since I know who I am, I’m probably wrong. Maybe this time I can go far, but thinking about where I’ve been ain’t helping me start. - Michael Kiwanuka

Joined 2012-01-02

PM

TimovieMan - 05 December 2013 12:25 PM

I noticed this thread is lacking a mention of my favourite soundtrack for any game ever. Grin

I doubt that (absolutely!) but anyways know you what they say, the night year still young Grin . I always thought of the Dig’s, but just wanted to keep the spicy martial for later on Sarcastic

Joined 2012-01-02

PM

Broken Sword: The Sleeping Dragon - Love Us

So long for moving crates !, I never understood amount of this puzzle at the game, and if people really annoyed by what they called the Swipe and Click SpaceVenture, demo ,so what about this!.

The song Composed and Performed by We Love You.

Joined 2012-01-02

PM

ok I was 7 hours on trip by train today, couldn’t post earlier, but what the heck !

Broken Sword The Angel of Death - I Am On Your Shoulder

I cant remember much of Broken Sword 4, but this multi-million selling adventure game has many nice pop songs (like this one) for the band übernoise.

The original soundtrack composed by Ben McCullough who also had contributed in making The Shadow of the Templars the remastered edition.

Joined 2012-01-02

PM

Dark Fall: Lights Out may be the weakest of the series (imo) but still holds the intriguing story telling style of Jonathan Boakes, also the less creepiest of the series, but still Jonathan Boakes have managed to give this greatest creepiest compilation of strings work through its soundtrack.

I have chosen this short main track Dark Fall: Lights Out - The Journal.

Joined 2012-01-02

PM

Who has once said that didn’t like Conquest of Camelot: Search for The Grail!
This game is great and there is no need to put it in comparison with Conquests of Longbow , not that it would lose, but because they are both totally two different kinds of adventures . 

There is one of the religious references for a name in that game that I can not forget, its the time when king Arthur reaches Palestine/Jerusalem, Arthur will be tried throughout his journey, and will be hosted by a man called Al-Sirat*, who will eventually set him on the path to the cult of the Six Goddesses.

*Al-Sirat: according to Muslim belief is a hair-narrow bridge which every person must pass on Judgment-Day to enter Paradise.

Conquest of Camelot: Search for The Grail - Soundtrack.

This OST of authentic-sounding medieval music composed by the great Mark Seibert.

P.S: couldn’t find the name of the track but I think this is an enhanced track for the game’s intro

Joined 2012-01-02

PM

Again the people behind the great OST of The Moment Of Silence (posted previously at the thread)  Pierre Langer & Tilman Sillescu -the founders of Dynamedion (specialized at games OSTs) with their awesomeness at producing various AGs and non-AGs soundtracks- are featured/credited together for making Secret Files: Tunguska - Main theme, even despite of the BIG differences at the quality the composition and originality of the sound between the two AGs but still Secret Files: Tunguska holds some very nice memorable tracks.

Also whilst -the great and the only AG designer/writer whom is specialized at making seriously very deep stories that is up to Hollywood’s big movies (imo)- Martin Gantefoehr had enlighted-me/mentioned that Tilman Sillescu is now the one behind the upcoming/anticipated motion picture The Hobbit: The Desolation of Smaug- it not just proves positively how good is he but how the adventure games makers are worthy to be riding the bullet or to join the Hollywood themselves, and to be given the chance of making music for big pictures to sign in their names next to many legends such as Vangelis, John Williams and Hanz Zimmer... etc ..

Yeah it makes me feel very good, and I guess its the same with everyone who is dedicated to adventure gaming to see AG designers, composers ,writers getting in to move and leap that big step forward, to the most famous mainstream media venue ,the most recognizable one of all.

It is kinda strange that Secret Files: Tunguska in particular to be the game that introduced the use Hot-spots revealer again to this day. before its release (2005)the pixel-hunting was a common feature at almost every Adventure! ...

Joined 2012-01-02

PM

Continuing with Dynamedion and another OST by them for Mata Hari .. this theme sounds of course famous/classic , something Italian?, I am not sure.

You are here: HomeForum Home → Gaming → Adventure → Thread

Welcome to the Adventure Gamers forums!

Back to the top