• News
  • Reviews
  • Top Games
  • Search
  • New Releases
  • Daily Deals
  • Forums

Adventure Gamers - Forums

Welcome to Adventure Gamers. Please Sign In or Join Now to post.

You are here: HomeForum Home → Gaming → Adventure → Thread

Post Marker Legend:

• New Topic New posts
  • Old Topic No new posts

Currently online

DalediegoLady Kestrelrtrooneywalas74

Support us, by purchasing through these affiliate links

AG OST

Total Posts: 8720

Joined 2012-01-02

PM

Caliburn contribution and posts are very remarkable that I doubt if I would continue up to his standard, Thanks Wink .
——————————
All the talking about anti-heroes in Adventure Games is drained out when you mention Ryan of DreamWeb, the game at the time of its release, received some flak for being one of the first mainstream adult games, but comparing it to the modern adult gaming; DreamWeb would simply smash down, like a fragile flask falling of the 1994th floor of gaming ‘history’ tower .

Still the game held out one controversial uncensored sex scene where literally a man’s sexual organ with a hard-on was present, but the game’s bird’s eyes view (which is something I cant recall i encountered in an adventure before, much like seen at those Sims ones) gave a very pixeld and blurry vision for the scene and the whole game if you ask me.

The OST is made by Matthew Seldon (whom was lucky that Vangelis (apparently) wasn’t in court-going mood during the early 90s) created most of Dreamweb`s intense atmosphere single-handedly, its Dark, menacing and featuring very well integrated, distorted vocal samples. an enormous achievement, especially for its time.

The Game’s cyberpunk-trance OST tracks all sound the same, so I have chosen only those two that i think might cover them all!.
DreamWeb - The Electronic Revolution.
DreamWeb - What Went Wrong?. as they hold most of all the OST’s sounds and elements .

October 21, 2012 the game was released As a Freeware .

Joined 2012-01-02

PM

Here is a Game I never played Dune (1992-video game) , but it absolutely has a very remarkable Soundtrack.

Stéphane Picq is the composer of this masterpiece Dune - Spice Opera edited .
also for the game hardcore fans, here is a Full Review for the OST

Joined 2012-01-02

PM

A previous post featured Mark Seibert ‘s King’s Quest VI-Girl in the Tower ‘Song’, that was originally elaborated upon the Kings Quest V - Princess Cassima’s Theme  .

This track Version 2.0 should sound different from one originally featured at the KQV game, as it is off of the Sierra Soundtrack Collection ‘track-3’ ,it was recorded with actual instruments instead of synthesized instruments! plus the arrangement is different as well. 

Joined 2012-01-02

PM

The Moment Of Silence may had gone wrong at many things such as the camera views the controls and the character movements but its soundtrack ..never!.

Pierre Langer & Tilman Sillescu the founder of Dynamedion for game’s soundtracks (Such Crysis 2(with hanz Zimmer), Secret files Tunguska, Call of Duty 4..and many others) were together behind The Moment Of Silence OST they took an obvious but effective route with their music: synthesized drum loops serve as background for the futuristic setting while piano or string melodies provide emotion and carry the thematic material along.

Since this no ordinary soundtrack and all in all it served my ears and my feelings right well through listening to the whole tracks separately (away from the game), I am sharing 4 ‘tracks’ of this great OST.

The Moment Of Silence - Peter’s Apartment
The Moment Of Silence - New York City
The Moment Of Silence - To Bermuda Platform
The Moment Of Silence - The End

Total Posts: 932

Joined 2004-03-23

PM

Ah, Moment of Silence… Not a perfect game, but I have some really good memories of it, and it had some very memorable scenes and locations. A couple parts of it have sunk really deep into my memory (even though I only played through it once), so it certainly did a good job with the atmosphere.

Interesting to listen to the music now, I don’t really remember the soundtrack so well.

Total Posts: 71

Joined 2003-09-16

PM

Advie - 12 November 2013 08:30 AM

Pierre Langer & Tilman Sillescu the founder of Dynamedion for game’s soundtracks (Such Crysis 2(with hanz Zimmer), Secret files Tunguska, Call of Duty 4..and many others) were together behind The Moment Of Silence OST

Hey, thanks for posting those tracks. By the way, Tilman just recently composed the music for the movie trailer of The Hobbit: The Desolation of Smaug. =:-o

Joined 2012-01-02

PM

Gasp
Thank YOU Martin .

———————————-

Those times when I was wondering alone, divorced, overweighted, homeless ,lost and without a job ..and so I had to disguise into a native peddler selling some unless junk ..Uuh those days.
Poor Larry, although he had some hair on his head at the time.

Who said that your fav AG should hold the best soundtracks, but it anyhow still carries a memorable OST as hell. (well I can forget about that latter but LSL3 itself, no way) 

Leisure Suit Larry III - Nontoonyt Island
Music Composer by Mike Dana .

Joined 2012-01-02

PM

Warning: if you happen to have your speakers on and someone is with you in the room ,try to lower the volume first or put some headphones on ,or someone might think you went totally crazy . Cool

Botanicula - Juchu

Joined 2012-01-02

PM

Rosella was very good with that pipe organ at Kings Quest IV, she definitely had learned how to play the piano while growing up in Daventry, contrariwise Alexander who was raised by that boring evil wizard Manannan, still somehow managed to handle a tune or two over the flute sometime later on SQVI .

But Rosella is master of several instruments; at KQ IV she had confronted that old pipe organ, like she was a born talent, masterfully handling that sheet music, being capable of reading/deciphering the sheet music upon it as any real professional musician would do; someone who had been doing this since her very early days.

Kings Quest IV - Sheet Music
Kings Quest IV - Organ Solo

Game Music composed by William Goldstein

Joined 2012-01-02

PM

Joined 2012-01-02

PM

MicAmic (Michal Michalski), Remigiusz Michalski’s brother the one behind (Designer) of The Cat Lady , is a freelancer composed the game OST plus Downfall(2009),is very known for his heavily experimental approach to composing.
The Cat Lady - Don’t Follow The Light by MicAmic

Also contributed in the OST Three other artists/bands : Tears of Mars, Siah & Warmer

Siah - Forever

Tears of Mars - Sojourn

Warmer - The Noises She Makes in Their Bed

Total Posts: 6584

Joined 2007-07-22

PM

Advie - 15 November 2013 08:16 PM

Nothing is better than to end your day with..
The Secret of Monkey Island - Opening Theme
The Secret of Monkey Island (Special Edition) - Opening Theme

Music composed by Michael Land

Another nice version! Grin And a winner, without a doubt! Tongue

Recently finished: Four Last Things 4/5, Edna & Harvey: The Breakout 5/5, Chains of Satinav 3,95/5, A Vampyre Story 88, Sam Peters 3/5, Broken Sword 1 4,5/5, Broken Sword 2 4,3/5, Broken Sword 3 85, Broken Sword 5 81, Gray Matter 4/5\nCurrently playing: Broken Sword 4, Keepsake (Let\‘s Play), Callahan\‘s Crosstime Saloon (post-Community Playthrough)\nLooking forward to: A Playwright’s Tale

Joined 2012-01-02

PM

Wow-dee .. am I feeling jealous ??
positively somehow, why cant I play it too.
promise to post me playing this as soon as I master it.. which is not very soon indeed Sarcastic

Joined 2012-01-02

PM

Runaway a Road Adventure - Runaway

That Beautiful voice belongs to Vera Morales Dominguez ‘AKA. Liquor’, and the horrible MIDI “band”, composed/played by David Garcia .

Joined 2012-01-02

PM

Culpa Innata is one controversial adventure; at it’s reception it had very different reviews at gaming sites, “by our site Adventuregamers rate/scale” :Culpa Innata scored at Just-Adventure highest possible rating 5/5, Gameplasma gave it a high 4/5, Adventuregamers gave it 3.5/5 and IGN, on the other hand, gave it just 2/5 !! .

For me that game held a decent story about future, something between Perry Rhodan and The Doom series of Stephen king’s, but all that was drained out with one big issue, the dammed Camera views, actually the question what were they thinking?! could be the most decent phrase to ask of this issue.
I still don’t understand how is it that you exit one screen from the left and on the next you appear from the left also! or top,bottom!! it doesn’t matter how long you play the game, you get lost!. its far form logic that there are no directions or even an obscure mechanism behind it. i think they just ruined the gameplaying and the game itself by only this!

Ok lets get to the soundtrack, Culpa Innata - Main Theme

Music composed by David Varga

You are here: HomeForum Home → Gaming → Adventure → Thread

Welcome to the Adventure Gamers forums!

Back to the top