• News
  • Reviews
  • Top Games
  • Search
  • New Releases
  • Daily Deals
  • Forums

Adventure Gamers - Forums

Welcome to Adventure Gamers. Please Sign In or Join Now to post.

You are here: HomeForum Home → Gaming → Adventure → Thread

Post Marker Legend:

• New Topic New posts
  • Old Topic No new posts

Currently online

Support us, by purchasing through these affiliate links

AG OST

Total Posts: 8720

Joined 2012-01-02

PM

Every-time you are at the lobby of Reza’s apartment building, or on your journeys to Japan and St. Petersburg, The beautiful Magnet (Even Johansen) will accompany you…singing,  Dreamfall: The Longest Journey- Be With You

Joined 2012-01-02

PM

Joined 2012-01-02

PM

Primordia Soundtracks are very interesting; with a unique costumed Synthesizer preset, but it still gets boring(dull) after a little while with the whole OSTs based on that/one sound/preset .

Cycles (Ending Credits) Track sounds nothing but good (fitting story right well) lyrics, but recorded with the lamest composition (I know what i am talking about) on an Emin Scale/Root note all along, without the slightest change of the key-mode accompanied.
maybe it was intended, because of the game low production? ..

I had cut/shortened the main theme Primordia - Primordia  to a 00:58 sec sample…
but left the Ending-Credits-Song Primordia - Cycles as it is.

Anyone interested in the 43 soundtracks of the game, they can be fully listened to Here

The music is composed by Nathaniel Chambers ,who he seems that this is the only work he ever made or at least known for.

Joined 2012-01-02

PM

Mark Seibert who also worked as a musician on Space Quest III (previously uploaded/linked) with Bob Siebenberg (Supertramp), who had worked as a music producer on various games for Sierra, such as Quest for Glory/Hero’s Quest, King’s Quest V, Codename: Iceman, Conquests of the Longbow: The Adventures of Robin Hood and Police Quest II: The Vengeance - Opening Theme .

In 1987, he had answered a newspaper advertisement from a computer game company (Sierra On-Line). Ken Williams hired him as a musician and music editor for King’s Quest IV: The Perils of Rosella he worked with staff musicians in both composition and editing and got promoted to the company’s music director/Producer.
He left the company in 2001..

Joined 2012-01-02

PM

you know can always show your appreciation by clicking the star below the link’s player, that only (of course) if you liked the OST/track uploaded.

Smile

Joined 2012-01-02

PM

I will continue today with Mark Seibert  and the love ballad King’s Quest VI - Girl in the Tower preformed by Bob Bergthold and Debbie Seibert (great Voice)
The song Accordingly, elaborates upon Seibert’s “Princess Cassima’s Theme” from the King’s Quest V soundtrack..

Mark Seibert comment about the single was:

“Girl In The Tower’ was an idea I came up with when I found out that ‘King’s Quest VI’ was going to be a love story between Alexander and Cassima. I thought this would be a perfect opportunity to write a top 40 type love ballad to be sung as a duet. As I explored the possibilities, I found some of the motifs from the original Cassima theme worked well in this style.”

Also a nice mention; In Space Quest VI, when Roger gives a “morphin”-spiked donut to one of the shuttlebay security guards, the guard transforms into several strange characters including Michigan J Frog and Sir Elton John playing Girl in the Tower on piano.

Joined 2012-01-02

PM

Joined 2012-01-02

PM

ANY SPECIAL REQUESTS?

tomorrow I am posting my Fav/Num#1 AG OST of ALL times

Total Posts: 523

Joined 2010-02-08

PM

Advie - 17 October 2013 02:29 PM

ANY SPECIAL REQUESTS?

None from me. I’m enjoying hearing whatever you choose to recommend, especially if it’s a song I haven’t heard from a game I haven’t played. So some recognizable songs and some surprises are always a good mix. Nice work, Advie. Thumbs Up

One idea: For soundtracks that are being sold like Primordia on the Bandcamp page you mentioned, you can point directly to an individual track like Cycles on Bandcamp and skip picosong as a hosting service entirely in those instances. If you do it that way, people can still listen to the whole song but can’t download the file without purchasing it.

For the older game soundtracks that were never sold, it shouldn’t matter. But for a newer game soundtrack with a sale page on Bandcamp or a similar service, that seems a good way to help support the artist, which seems to be what you’re trying to do, since you specially edited a shortened 0:58 clip of the main theme. And it would even take less effort since there’d be no editing and uploading in that case. Smile

Joined 2012-01-02

PM

Thanks Caliburn for your kind words ,
as for the Tip about those pages for selling the Soundtracks, I will keep that in my mind at the future but you know its a rare find anyways? .
——————————————————————————-
Overclocked A History of Violence - Main Theme

The track speaks of itself so I will keep it short ..

I figured that lighthouse Interactive used of those sound design companies specialized for making game’s music and web sound, one that is called Domedion , no link or info about it on the net (that I am aware of!) I needed to watch the finale credits to read who made this Beautiful/Psychopathic sound track, which really fits in perfectly .

But here is something “call it a Question/Inquiry” about the game for The Overclocked die hard fans only!..
The girl from cell#2 death remains a mystery (unexplained), did she commit suicide or that was part of the conspiracy which David got drawn into, we really never know how she died!.

I sent Martin Gantefoehr a msg to ask about it, and he answered…. but anyways I wont proceed in this matter unless someone (an Overclocked DHF) is interested.

Total Posts: 3933

Joined 2011-03-14

PM

Advie - 17 October 2013 09:44 PM

But here is something “call it a Question/Inquiry”  about the game for The Overclocked die hard fans only!..
The girl from cell#2 death remains a mystery (unexplained) , did she comment suicide or that was part of the conspiracy which David got drawn into , we really never know how she died!.

I sent Martin Gantefoehr a msg to ask about it, and he answered…. but anyways I wont proceed in this matter unless someone (an Overclocked DHF) is interested.

Hey you can’t tease us like that, implying you know something we don’t, and then not tell us what it is .

I might not be a DHF but I am a fan of Overclocked, so please tell me what he answered.

You have to play the game, to find out why you are playing the game! - eXistenZ

Joined 2012-01-02

PM

Iznogood - 18 October 2013 09:33 AM

Hey you can’t tease us like that, implying you know something we don’t, and then not tell us what it is .

I might not be a DHF but I am a fan of Overclocked, so please tell me what he answered.

hehe

well I can’t share Mr.Gantefoehr mail on a public forum, what if he sees it. 

check your PMs

Joined 2012-01-02

PM

A collaboration (belated) with Bastich Scene of the Day (Friday 18 October 2013 (NSFW)  , i am posting The Dream Machine - Morton’s Jazz
Ohh…. Damn you Morton! what have you done!! Sick

I think hardly anyone can describe a Instrumental musicial track as disturbing , but this one actually makes/made me feel uneasy, ... maybe it is just me.

P.S: This track is featured at Chapter II.

Joined 2012-01-02

PM

Like Gemini Rue or hate, but you cant deny your love for its soundtrack!

One track can never be enough, so I sampled my fav three and mixed them into this one
Gemini Rue - Weather Tower /Sayuri /The Winchester Building

The OST composed by Nathan Allen Pinard you can get/download the Full original Soundtrack Here for 2.99$.

Joined 2012-01-02

PM

Talking about creepy soundtracks/games ,the atmospheric mystery/creepy/horror Scratches which had mentioned many times here (at forums) the last 2 weeks .. really has it all.

So everyone been at The hidden child’s room can remember one of the creepiest’s moment and that sound,Scratches - R’s Theme which is really adding to the whole atmosphere .

Special Sound effects/Soundtrack contribute much to the fearsome ambience experienced thatCellar of Rats gave.. who are they? (I not know!)

The Full original OST can be Downloaded   here for 8.99$

You are here: HomeForum Home → Gaming → Adventure → Thread

Welcome to the Adventure Gamers forums!

Back to the top