• News
  • Reviews
  • Top Games
  • Search
  • New Releases
  • Daily Deals
  • Forums

Adventure Gamers - Forums

Welcome to Adventure Gamers. Please Sign In or Join Now to post.

You are here: HomeForum Home → Gaming → General → Thread

Post Marker Legend:

• New Topic New posts
  • Old Topic No new posts

Currently online

Jdawg445Keybordz

Support us, by purchasing through these affiliate links

Persona 4 Arena Sequel News

Total Posts: 28

Joined 2013-08-14

PM

Over in Japan, the makers of Persona 4 Arena are apparently working on a sequel. At the moment, they’ve added two new characters to the lineup of the arcade version but if the article (and the horrible translation from Google) is correct, this is the first step towards a full sequel.

I think Persona 4 Arena deserves some mention here because, in story mode, it plays more like a visual novel with easy fighting elements than a fighter with story elements.

Here are some images to wet the appetite.

Total Posts: 1891

Joined 2010-11-16

PM

id probably be more likely to play these games if they brought them to vita.

Joined 2013-08-14

PM

zane - 25 August 2013 06:42 PM

id probably be more likely to play these games if they brought them to vita.

Persona 4 Golden is on the Vita and awesome. Heck, its the reason I got a Vita.

Total Posts: 974

Joined 2007-02-23

PM

What they should do is forget all about these fighting spin-offs and concentrate on bringing out more actual Persona games. Come on people, Persona 4 is extremely old by this point! I don’t want more reiterations, I want Persona 5.

Joined 2013-08-14

PM

Kasper F. Nielsen - 25 August 2013 07:31 PM

What they should do is forget all about these fighting spin-offs and concentrate on bringing out more actual Persona games. Come on people, Persona 4 is extremely old by this point! I don’t want more reiterations, I want Persona 5.

Persona 4 Arena is canon and gives more information about what happened to the SEES and Investigation Teams after Persona 3 and 4. I highly recommend playing Arena if only for the storyline. You learn more about what Chie wants to do with her life, what the Japanese government knows about Persona and Shadows, and why Akihiko is wearing no shirt.

Meanwhile, Persona 5 IS in the works.

Total Posts: 1891

Joined 2010-11-16

PM

JGray - 25 August 2013 06:49 PM

Persona 4 Golden is on the Vita and awesome. Heck, its the reason I got a Vita.

i am tempted.. and if i get vita i’ll get it. But iv already 100%‘d p4 on the ps2.

Joined 2007-02-23

PM

JGray - 25 August 2013 07:40 PM
Kasper F. Nielsen - 25 August 2013 07:31 PM

Persona 4 Arena is canon and gives more information about what happened to the SEES and Investigation Teams after Persona 3 and 4. I highly recommend playing Arena if only for the storyline. You learn more about what Chie wants to do with her life, what the Japanese government knows about Persona and Shadows, and why Akihiko is wearing no shirt.

Meanwhile, Persona 5 IS in the works.

It’s in the work too damn slow Crazy

I didn’t know Arena was actually canon. I just thought it was characters brought together for a paper thin reason to fight, like Dissidia Final Fantasy. Maybe I’ll check it out after all.

Joined 2013-08-14

PM

Kasper F. Nielsen - 25 August 2013 08:58 PM

It’s in the work too damn slow Crazy

Agreed! Still, better too slow than rushed.

I didn’t know Arena was actually canon. I just thought it was characters brought together for a paper thin reason to fight, like Dissidia Final Fantasy. Maybe I’ll check it out after all.

Nope. Arena is fully canon and takes place a few months after the end of Persona 4, during Golden Week. Yu (the protagonist’s official name) returns to visit his friends but the welcome home party is interrupted by a new mystery when the Midnight Channel comes back on the air. Meanwhile, Mitsuru, Akihiko, and Aegis have their own problems to deal with and those troubles bring them to the Inaba region. And to top it all off, Elizabeth is still searching for a way to free the blue haired boy from his eternal prison.

The Persona development team wrote the storyline and its canon (though each character has their own playthrough the storyline as main character so there are differences depending on who you select). If you really love the characters of Persona 3 and 4, I highly recommend Arena. The fighting in story mode is intentionally very easy and characterization is spot on, thanks to the original team being behind the writing.

Joined 2007-02-23

PM

Yeah, I haven’t liked fighting games at all since Tekken 2/3 (simpler times, when playing a fighting game didn’t feel like doing math problems), so it’s a big relief that it’s easy in story mode.

Joined 2013-08-14

PM

Kasper F. Nielsen - 26 August 2013 10:27 AM

Yeah, I haven’t liked fighting games at all since Tekken 2/3 (simpler times, when playing a fighting game didn’t feel like doing math problems), so it’s a big relief that it’s easy in story mode.

Agreed. Persona 4 Arena autochains quick attacks. Honestly, you can get through the entire story mode by pressing nothing but the square button.

You are here: HomeForum Home → Gaming → General → Thread

Welcome to the Adventure Gamers forums!

Back to the top