• News
  • Reviews
  • Top Games
  • Search
  • New Releases
  • Daily Deals
  • Forums

Adventure Gamers - Forums

Welcome to Adventure Gamers. Please Sign In or Join Now to post.

You are here: HomeForum Home → Gaming → General → Thread

Post Marker Legend:

• New Topic New posts
  • Old Topic No new posts

Currently online

diegoKeybordz

Support us, by purchasing through these affiliate links

E3 2013

Total Posts: 8998

Joined 2004-01-05

PM

WOW! Sony just won E3 by just saying no-DRM and $399 Smile
Gaming wise the presentation was kind of boring I think…

Total Posts: 2648

Joined 2004-01-18

PM

Sony

PS Vita

- start off by flogging a dead horse
- Show off some upcoming Vita games
- New Walking Dead episode 400 days coming to Vita plus Season 1
- pimping its PS4 connectivity

PS3

- The Last of Us.  comes out on Friday so not sure why they need to show it.
- Puppeteer. Looks an interesting platform game
- Rain. cool
- Beyond Two Souls. fantastic.
- Gran Turismo 6.
- Batman Arkham Origins.  Looks great, hopefully Rocksteady is going to announce a PS4 game
- GTA V

PS4

- Finally showing the box. Ok it looks a tad weird and not unlike the new Xbone except its a slanty rhombus shape.
- Now talking about movies etc
- Netflix,Hulu etc etc
- Live event viewer to show live concerts etc

- The Order 1886. New IP from Ready at Dawn game looks like a Victorian age steam punk shooter with supernatural elements.
- Killzone Shadowfall. New trailer Still looks great, but nothing new.
- Drive Club. No Auto erotic talk about plush upholstery this time
- Infamous Second Son. loved the Infamous games so this looks promising.
- Knack. still a cutesy Ratchet style game
- The Dark Sorcerer. Quantic Dreams new tech demo. Impressive tech and funny as hell but its not a game.

some good indie stuff
- Supergiant Games showing off their follow up to Bastion. Transistor looks great.
- Don’t Starve coming to PS4
- A host of indie games is shown at this point. Including Oddworld remake

- Final Fantasy Versus XIII. Beautiful cgi just don’t ask wtf is going on.
- Final Fantasy XV was also teased on PS4
- Kingdom Hearts III now in development.
- Assassins Creed IV. Shiver ma timbers they showed some gameplay but it kept freezing.
- Watchdogs. Gameplay demo. Car chase with police and helicopters. Lots of hacking to help someone escape. looked fantastic. 1 hour of exclusive content on PS4
- NBA2K14 with Lebron James
- Elder Scrolls MMO. Meh.
- Mad Max. didn’t show much apart from a cgi video.

- NO DRM. Screw you Microsoft. Gets a huge cheer.
- No online connection or periodic check
- PS plus membership to carry over
- Oh they just tried to hide the fact that multiplayer on the PS4 is going behind the pay wall.
- Drive Club free on PS4 on Plus at launch

- Destiny gameplay premier. actually looks pretty decent. showing gunplay and some kind of magic system. loot drops and skill trees. Return of the Jedi Speeders and giant alien drop ships. Cool.

- Cloud based games coming to US first in 2014. Access to back catalog via Gaikai.
- $399 €399 £329
- This holiday season. Bummer no month of release.

An adventure game is nothing more than a good story set with engaging puzzles that fit seamlessly in with the story and the characters, and looks and sounds beautiful.
Roberta Williams

Total Posts: 7109

Joined 2005-09-29

PM

FinalFantasy versus XIII is now XV, Renamed , it was rumored too weeks back.
And it wasn’t all CG. But man that footage floored me. Simply the best thing out of
the whole E3.

Order looks freaking cool, the designs and feel, Reminded me of VampireHunter D:Bloodlust anime intro.

Add yes with no DRM and Pricepoint , PS4 is clear winner.

Total Posts: 974

Joined 2007-02-23

PM

Sony: It started out pretty lackluster but ended amazingly. Best of E3. I just wish Sony had a exclusive game or two more up their sleeve - like a new Uncharted god dammit.

I don’t care about payed multiplayer. 5 dollars a month for PlayStation Plus is not bad at all - remember you’re also getting exclusive deals, FREE games on all three platforms each month and cloud storage among other things. Multiplayer is costing Sony (and for that matter Microsoft) money, so it’s only fair that people interested in multiplayer needs to pony up some cash.

Hopefully E3 isn’t the end of new game announcements for PS4 concerning the launch of the system. After Vita had such a sweet launch line-up I was hoping it’d be the same for PS4.

Joined 2005-09-29

PM

http://www.ign.com/articles/2013/06/11/the-walking-dead-400-days-announced

Trailer, looks bad and filler cash-in.

So i will align ps4 release with Witcher3 and SecondSon release around July/August next year.

Qdream will take atleast 2015 to release their game, same for The Order.
FFXV is just another promise with no firm date and platform.
No interest in Launch lineup.

Hoping Lastguardian at TGS, with release date.

Joined 2007-02-23

PM

The new Abe Escape remake looks fantastic - a must buy. Watch_Dogs and Assassin’s Creed IV also look great. Would be my very first AC ever!

I’m also still really psyched about Deep Down from Capcom and Knack.

However, I’m very disappointed that Final Fantasy Versus XIII turned into Final Fantasy XV. I have zero interest in that game - the gameplay is pure action, which is not what I want out of a Final Fantasy. Why can’t they just revert back to a system similar to Final Fantasy X? That HD-rerelease has me extremely excited.

Total Posts: 990

Joined 2009-05-08

PM

The Sony conference was slow at first but picked up with interesting games and finally climaxed with allowing used games and that wonderful price.

Still, they were very clever to gloss over the fact that you will need to be subscribed to PS+ in order to play any games online. I never needed PS+. I collect games so my library is big enough without needing those free games on offer from PS+ (those free games that stop working if you don’t keep paying your monthly subscription).

Kingdom Hearts 3 is a huge draw card though. To paraphrase a post in another thread, I love all that “kiddie anime”. Still, it’s a shame we didn’t hear anything about The Last Guardian or Yu Suzuki’s attempt to revive Shenmue… That would have made a killer launch title.

Bring on Nintendo Direct!

Joined 2007-02-23

PM

thejobloshow: I don’t get the complaint some people have with games being unavailable for download if you stop paying for the service. How is that any different from subscribing to Netflix or a tv cable service? Or any number of other service systems.

Total Posts: 216

Joined 2003-09-12

PM

Mirror’s Edge 2 looks amazing!
http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_embedded&v=Zv0k4Cez5wg

Joined 2005-09-29

PM

thejobloshow - 11 June 2013 01:37 AM

Still, they were very clever to gloss over the fact that you will need to be subscribed to PS+ in order to play any games online. I never needed PS+. I collect games so my library is big enough without needing those free games on offer from PS+ (those free games that stop working if you don’t keep paying your monthly subscription).

PS+ is great man , like i missed on VirtueLastReward and and they are giving it for free
for vita but i don thave vita lol. The free instant game collection alone
worth yearly subscription which dont require monthly payment , it just needs
yearly reactivation atleast on ps3 and that will continue on ps4.
Which is to say i am getting Driveclub free.

I am bit disspointed that PS3 has no Exclusive next year, i think
Lastguardian no show at TGS will hurt more than now. Its good to save
announcements.

Total Posts: 1279

Joined 2012-07-11

PM

In case any one is confused on how lending games out works on the ps4:

Seriously though, Most of what was shown in the Sony conference will be out for MS too. The biggest difference is their attitude to the consumers and the price. Sony is looking mighty good at the moment.

Recently completed: Game of Thrones (decent), Tales from the borderlands (great!), Life is Strange (great!), Stasis (good), Annas Quest (great!); Broken Age (poor)

Joined 2005-09-29

PM

Hell yeah, PS4 will be region free too. Man this is awesome, makes life alot easier.

Total Posts: 932

Joined 2004-03-23

PM

Bungie’s Destiny looked pretty nice. Bungie has always made some of the only shooters I’ve liked… I’m just worried about the multiplayer element - first of all does it need to be always connected online (or in other words does it have single player and what type is it) and especially if it needs the online subscription (since both consoles now have a fee that I’ll probably not be paying for) to play.

I mean, I prefer single player to multiplayer so I’m not that interested in the multiplayer missions - and I really prefer playing multiplayer with friends than with strangers (‘cause if it’s teamwork, you know lik 70% will just be going solo, plus it’s just weird Tongue). And I don’t have crazy amounts of time to keep playing online to stay up to everything that’s going on…

But if it’s all implemented well - in that it’s like a single player, except the other multiplayer players are just there (in a sense, it’s difficult to explain), this could be one of the most exciting shooters out there. Then it would also have to require to be playable also with the “silver” accounts, and with a mediocre wifi connection.

Anyway, I’m excited about Destiny.

Total Posts: 990

Joined 2009-05-08

PM

Kasper F. Nielsen - 11 June 2013 01:56 AM

thejobloshow: I don’t get the complaint some people have with games being unavailable for download if you stop paying for the service. How is that any different from subscribing to Netflix or a tv cable service? Or any number of other service systems.

I just don’t like how people say you get “free games” when you sign up to PS+, it’s misleading.

Glad to hear that it’s region free - there’a no doubt I’ll be purchasing a PS4 along with PS+, I’ll just grin and bear it.

Joined 2005-09-29

PM

Smile

EDIT:

Looks like M$ has trolled Killerinstinct fans, its F2P fighter Frown

Destructoid confirmed in this Killer Instinct preview, that while the fighter is free to all, you have to pay individually for new and returning characters. That’s a payment per character, but the specific cost has not been confirmed, so don’t start worrying just yet, as they could be dirt cheap.

You are here: HomeForum Home → Gaming → General → Thread

Welcome to the Adventure Gamers forums!

Back to the top