• News
  • Reviews
  • Top Games
  • Search
  • New Releases
  • Daily Deals
  • Forums

Adventure Gamers - Forums

Welcome to Adventure Gamers. Please Sign In or Join Now to post.

You are here: HomeForum Home → Gaming → Adventure → Thread

Post Marker Legend:

• New Topic New posts
  • Old Topic No new posts

Currently online

diegoLittleRose

Support us, by purchasing through these affiliate links

Adventure Game Scene of the Day — Tuesday 12 June 2012

Total Posts: 2582

Joined 2005-08-12

PM

For the past 3 weeks, I’ve only been posting scenes from games I’ve played. This week, I’m going through some games I haven’t played, selecting scenes based on nothing more their looking interesting. Let me know if they actually are important in the game — and if I should beat myself up for not having played those games yet!

I played the demo for Ankh back when it was released, found it painfully unfunny (although the above screenshot does make me smile) and hated the overly bright graphic style that made it look like a commercial for detergent, and have since then paid no attention whatsoever to anything made by Deck13. Have I missed anything worth playing?

Total Posts: 1555

Joined 2005-12-06

PM

All I can think of is “Aziz, light!”.

I never played these either. I have the 2nd and 3rd game from some cheap bundle but should bother getting the 1st and actually playing them.

Currently Playing: Dragon Age Origins: Awakening
Recently Played: Red Embrace: Hollywood, Dorfromantik, Heirs & Graces, AI: The Somnium Files, PRICE, Frostpunk, The Shapeshifting Detective (CPT), Disco Elysium, Dream Daddy, Four Last Things, Jenny LeClue - Detectivu, The Signifier

Total Posts: 8720

Joined 2012-01-02

PM

unlike the blackwell Sequels and the quality increasing from one to another, i found that Deck13 had started with a great Game,ANKH and with every launch of the following sequels i gotten disappointed one by one .

But i love the Ankh series all in general and i like much the style and the production of Deck13 so far.

Total Posts: 106

Joined 2010-10-27

PM

I found the series generally unfunny, unimaginative and stereotypical. Something you might expect from a game that takes place in Egypt, but still Thumbs Up

Total Posts: 192

Joined 2006-08-07

PM

I just started Jack Keane that I got from a bundle a year or two back. Although the script is pretty bad (I don’t know if it’s the translation’s fault), the visual comedy generally works pretty well. No laughing out loud, but it’s given me a chuckle or two.

Total Posts: 6584

Joined 2007-07-22

PM

Ankh re-sparked my adventure hunger - it’s not the best game, but feels good and polished enough. Jack Keane is above average, too, but I fear Deck13 has gone off rails since - Black Sails doesn’t seem promising, and I don’t like Jack Keane 2 screenshots. Haunted is on my radar for some time, but it had many production problems.

Recently finished: Four Last Things 4/5, Edna & Harvey: The Breakout 5/5, Chains of Satinav 3,95/5, A Vampyre Story 88, Sam Peters 3/5, Broken Sword 1 4,5/5, Broken Sword 2 4,3/5, Broken Sword 3 85, Broken Sword 5 81, Gray Matter 4/5\nCurrently playing: Broken Sword 4, Keepsake (Let\‘s Play), Callahan\‘s Crosstime Saloon (post-Community Playthrough)\nLooking forward to: A Playwright’s Tale

Total Posts: 4011

Joined 2011-04-01

PM

I liked Jack Keane quite a bit and found it amusing at the very least. Never played Ankh, but if it’s anything like Jack I might have to try it.

Total Posts: 8720

Joined 2012-01-02

PM

Arial Type - 12 June 2012 01:33 PM

Something you might expect from a game that takes place in Egypt, but still Thumbs Up

the pharaoh sucks aren’t they , running around wearing sandal and riding camel and building some useless stupid Pyramids ! no wonder ..as they are just so outdated .

be real man, if the game was in Greece would you have changed your mind

Total Posts: 106

Joined 2010-10-27

PM

Advie - 12 June 2012 03:23 PM

the pharaoh sucks aren’t they , running around wearing sandal and riding camel and building some useless stupid Pyramids ! no wonder ..as they are just so outdated .

be real man, if the game was in Greece would you have changed your mind

I wasn’t talking about Egyptian culture, I love it. I was referring to the -inspired media, video games especially. They are crappy and stereotypical for the most part.

You are here: HomeForum Home → Gaming → Adventure → Thread

Welcome to the Adventure Gamers forums!

Back to the top