• News
  • Reviews
  • Top Games
  • Search
  • New Releases
  • Daily Deals
  • Forums

Adventure Gamers - Forums

Welcome to Adventure Gamers. Please Sign In or Join Now to post.

You are here: HomeForum Home → Gaming → General → Thread

Post Marker Legend:

• New Topic New posts
  • Old Topic No new posts

Currently online

chrissieIronCretin

Support us, by purchasing through these affiliate links

Planescape Kickstarter?

Poll: Would You Want This To Happen?
Total Votes: 29
Yes
No
Maybe
What’s Planescape?

Total Posts: 643

Joined 2006-09-24

PM

My point is, no matter how much you pay, if you buy a game with DRM you are supporting and encouraging the use of DRM. I don’t mean that to be accusatory, but I feel that if a consumer strongly opposes something then he/she can speak with his/her wallet.

But if you aren’t strongly opposed to DRM, rather see it as an inconvenience, then this wouldn’t apply to you.

The better message is to request DRM-free or otherwise not buy the product. I’ve missed some good games due to DRM, but I’ve also saved some cash!

Total Posts: 8998

Joined 2004-01-05

PM

Here it is.

DRM-free version announced in the last update.

Also Mac version stretch goal reached

Total Posts: 2582

Joined 2005-08-12

PM

Well, with 32 hours to go, it looks like DFA is going to be unseated as most successful game funded on Kickstarter (though not in terms of number of backers). I guess it had to happen someday, and I’d be hard-pressed to think of someone more deserving than the Obsidian guys.

Total Posts: 8998

Joined 2004-01-05

PM

Kurufinwe - 15 October 2012 12:08 PM

Well, with 32 hours to go, it looks like DFA is going to be unseated as most successful game funded on Kickstarter (though not in terms of number of backers). I guess it had to happen someday, and I’d be hard-pressed to think of someone more deserving than the Obsidian guys.

Agreed.

Hope they reach the big second city goal. But I think they will have no problem surpassing it with the momentum they have today.

Total Posts: 974

Joined 2007-02-23

PM

I’m still contemplating whether or not to kickstart the project or just wait for it to go on sale sometime in the future. Hmm, it really does look awesome, but I’m not even sure my pc could handle it!

Total Posts: 164

Joined 2007-11-25

PM

And it’s on. Close to was on since they’re funded in a few minutes. That’s $900k within a day!

http://www.kickstarter.com/projects/inxile/torment-tides-of-numenera

EDIT: I’m driveling. Obviously it’s on for weeks from today, even though it’s already funded…

Total Posts: 8471

Joined 2011-10-21

PM

The truth can’t hurt you, it’s just like the dark: it scares you witless but in time you see things clear and stark. - Elvis Costello
Maybe this time I can be strong, but since I know who I am, I’m probably wrong. Maybe this time I can go far, but thinking about where I’ve been ain’t helping me start. - Michael Kiwanuka

Total Posts: 7109

Joined 2005-09-29

PM

Funded in 6 hours,
http://www.kickstarter.com/projects/inxile/torment-tides-of-numenera/posts

WoW, i hope some form of Voice acting is included though considering amount of
script and nature of RPG, fans would not want it. Anyways,Planescape was indeed one of the most creative gaming literary works of its time.

KickStarter FTW!

Total Posts: 2582

Joined 2005-08-12

PM

The first half of that pitch video made me want to punch Brian Fargo in the face very hard. The second half, on the other hand, made the game sound very, very interesting.

Total Posts: 880

Joined 2010-02-15

PM

Ugh what!?!??!?!?!!? holy…what..NHFDOIAFOINCVOXZCV!~

And thats the last time I’ll post with half of my head blown off.

Stuart Bradley Newsom - Naughty Shinobi || Our Game: Shadow Over Isolation

Total Posts: 2648

Joined 2004-01-18

PM

Jannik - 06 March 2013 03:00 PM

And it’s on. Close to was on since they’re funded in a few minutes. That’s $900k within a day!

http://www.kickstarter.com/projects/inxile/torment-tides-of-numenera

EDIT: I’m driveling. Obviously it’s on for weeks from today, even though it’s already funded…

Thier other project was nearly as fast. It took 43 hours for Wasteland 2 to be funded and it ended up just under $3million.

An adventure game is nothing more than a good story set with engaging puzzles that fit seamlessly in with the story and the characters, and looks and sounds beautiful.
Roberta Williams

Joined 2005-09-29

PM

7hrs past 1 million already

Total Posts: 643

Joined 2006-09-24

PM

Ridiculous!

Total Posts: 8471

Joined 2011-10-21

PM

Is this because of the name “Torment”, or only because of the team’s fame (with Fallout 1 & 2, PS:T, Wasteland 1 & 2, etc.). Because I’d like to believe that PS:T is far more popular and loved than its sales numbers gave it credit for…

The truth can’t hurt you, it’s just like the dark: it scares you witless but in time you see things clear and stark. - Elvis Costello
Maybe this time I can be strong, but since I know who I am, I’m probably wrong. Maybe this time I can go far, but thinking about where I’ve been ain’t helping me start. - Michael Kiwanuka

Joined 2005-09-29

PM

TimovieMan - 06 March 2013 05:19 PM

Is this because of the name “Torment”, or only because of the team’s fame (with Fallout 1 & 2, PS:T, Wasteland 1 & 2, etc.). Because I’d like to believe that PS:T is far more popular and loved than its sales numbers gave it credit for…

Yeah with time it gained much popularity, i believe it all factors you mentioned
combined, and that they have been marketing the campaign properly, the pitch
itself is amazing, the figure, art, music, team and the story they put sounds
very promising infact most promising. The faith built up by Wasteland2 progress/video
helped a bit too i guess.

BTW, those 1 million achieved much faster than any kickstarter yet.

You are here: HomeForum Home → Gaming → General → Thread

Welcome to the Adventure Gamers forums!

Back to the top