• News
  • Reviews
  • Top Games
  • Search
  • New Releases
  • Daily Deals
  • Forums

Adventure Gamers - Forums

Welcome to Adventure Gamers. Please Sign In or Join Now to post.

You are here: HomeForum Home → Gaming → General → Thread

Post Marker Legend:

• New Topic New posts
  • Old Topic No new posts

Currently online

CharophyceanchrissieKeybordz

Support us, by purchasing through these affiliate links

E3 2012

Total Posts: 7109

Joined 2005-09-29

PM

Oh man so disappointed by Tombraider trailer, QT events, too many Uncharted type setpieces, feels like trying too hard, voiceover is really bad, animation and hair clunky, the open ended feel promised and Original Tomb raider essence is missing, and Farcry3 is handling lost in Island theme way better, atleast i can feel characters there.

HITMAN gameplay, multiple ways to takedown target, bringing some old memories back, right on target
http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_embedded&v=9_pal859keA

Total Posts: 2648

Joined 2004-01-18

PM

There seems to be another Gears of War on the way http://www.giantbomb.com/news/another-gears-of-war-is-coming-but-whos-making-it/4183/

From the people who made Bulletstorm.

An adventure game is nothing more than a good story set with engaging puzzles that fit seamlessly in with the story and the characters, and looks and sounds beautiful.
Roberta Williams

Total Posts: 7

Joined 2007-07-16

PM

Anyone on here going?

I’ll be at E3…although maybe just covering it for a day (last year, I made the mistake of attending meetings all over the convention floor, despite the workout, my feet paid the price). 

But because their is a playoff game (NHL) right next door, the traffic is going to be insane… and as much as I enjoy covering E3… Los Angeles traffic, especially in that area is quite unnerving.

Total Posts: 236

Joined 2006-10-06

PM

I’ll be looking out for:

Assassin’s Creed III
The new Gears of War
Tomb Raider
Dishonored *
Castlevania: Lords of Shadow 2 **
Resident Evil 6 (I presume it’ll be shown…)
The Last of Us (I’m SO gutted it’s another PS3 exclusive! Embarassed)
Lego The Lord of the Rings (If it’s shown. Even if it isn’t I wanna get it Tongue)
Hitman: Absolution
Quantic Dream’s new title(s)

* I’ve only just heard about it; and that trailer looks cool!
** I thought the trailer was quite good, but after the first game, I might end up just renting it.

Total Posts: 974

Joined 2007-02-23

PM

In general there’s just so much interesting stuff being shown at E3 this year, it’s incredible. I can’t remember the last time there was this stellar a showing. I really wish the economy was better so I would be sent there for work, but oh well. Crossing my fingers most will also be on display at GamesCom :-)

Joined 2004-01-18

PM

DustyShinigami - 01 June 2012 07:33 PM

Lego The Lord of the Rings (If it’s shown. Even if it isn’t I wanna get it Tongue)

http://www.gametrailers.com/video/e3-2012-lego-the/730777  Cool

http://www.gametrailers.com/video/e3-2012-hitman-absolution/730638  WTF Sexy Nun assassins ??

An adventure game is nothing more than a good story set with engaging puzzles that fit seamlessly in with the story and the characters, and looks and sounds beautiful.
Roberta Williams

Total Posts: 89

Joined 2005-12-19

PM

Lucien21 - 01 June 2012 11:22 AM

There seems to be another Gears of War on the way http://www.giantbomb.com/news/another-gears-of-war-is-coming-but-whos-making-it/4183/

From the people who made Bulletstorm.

I wish people who made Bulletstorm would make another Bulletstorm, because that game was fun as hell. GoW, on the other hand, should die, and so should its dialogue writers.

Joined 2005-09-29

PM

Lucien21 - 02 June 2012 03:44 AM

http://www.gametrailers.com/video/e3-2012-lego-the/730777  Cool

http://www.gametrailers.com/video/e3-2012-hitman-absolution/730638  WTF Sexy Nun assassins ??

My First Topic creation post has link to nuns/saints trailer, yeah very nice CG by SquareEnix Visual works, however i am still clueless why the whole net is criticizing trailer as Discriminating and whatnot.

Total Posts: 8998

Joined 2004-01-05

PM

Quantic Dream new game is probably what I’m most curious to see

I’m also interested in seeing some news about Last Guardian Frown i don’t think it will be there…

Also some Last of Us gameplay, future Vita games (Assassins Creed Vita!!!!) and what Nintendo is doing with the Wii U.

By the way, Nintendo tomorrow will have a pre-E3 conference to show “something” :
http://www.nintendo.co.uk/NOE/en_GB/news/nintendo_direct_47764.html

Dishoroned looks awesome, glad to see Arkane Studios is still working after that game (The Crossing) was put on hold

Joined 2005-09-29

PM

I’ll be looking out for:

Resident Evil 6 (I presume it’ll be shown…)

It will be focus, since we will be getting demo too for 360 in july.
I also have hunch that MS will live demo it at E3.

Capcom E3 streaming schedule - RE6, DmC and much more

Friday, June 1, 2012

TUESDAY 6/5
3pm - Resident Evil 6 Leon demo and hoodie giveaway
WEDNESDAY 6/6
12pm - Resident Evil 6 Chris demo w hoodie giveaway

Total Posts: 7

Joined 2007-07-16

PM

Monolith - 30 May 2012 08:55 PM

Anyone going to E3? I’m only able to attend Day 1. Meh

I was hoping to go on Day 1 and Day 2 but having experienced Playoff time in Los Angeles for the Lakers games (and in this case the LA Kings in the NHL finals), I’m planning to avoid traffic frustration and go on Thursday, Day 3.  Part of me wants to go on Day 1 though, mainly because the swag will be available (last year’s E3, many booths ran out of free giveaways on day 2).

I’m not sure how I feel about this year’s announcements so far.  I’ve read the press releases that we get and not sure how I feel.  Especially noticing how many press releases we are getting for cloud gaming/online gaming it seems.

But it will be interesting to see if Microsoft lowers the price of their XBOX 360/Kinect to $99.  To see if Nintendo will rename the Wii-U and see what the bigger companies have planned. 

Anyway, for those who are going… have a safe trip and remember to wear good shoes and bring something to read or something to play because last year, many people were waiting in line for 3-6 hours just to play a game.

Total Posts: 880

Joined 2010-02-15

PM

I’ll see you guys or not. lol I too am a bit avoidant of the sport schedules that coincide with E3. I think two years ago, Lakers were playing around the same time and it was just….weird.

Stuart Bradley Newsom - Naughty Shinobi || Our Game: Shadow Over Isolation

Joined 2004-01-18

PM

Nintendo had a short 30 min live broadcast Pre E3 showing off the Wii U (Damn they never changed the name)

They showed off the new redesigned controller with it’s real thumb sticks which have L3/R3 type funtionality. It also has Skylanders style near field tech to allow cards and figures to be scanned into games.

The touchscreen can also be used as a TV remote control for you telly and seems to be the main point of contact for the console. They seem to be making the TV less important with the menu system and most of the functionality being the pad itself (In fact they never mentioned the action console box once)

The Wii U will remain compatible with all the Wii controllers, Nunchcuks and balance board devices and they are introducing a new Pro Pad (Basically looks like a Xbox controller) for playing normal games without a giant pad in your hands.

They pimped up the connected online system (Wiiverse) which seems to be an always online system that allows ingame text chat, Video Phone like skyping, browser internet (with entertainment curtain to hide your surfing from the rest of the family in the room ). When you book up the system the TV shows a large white space with game icons and lots of Mii’s milling around with text bubbles appearing over it while the pad shows the main menu and controls.

Looked a bit weird. Still not sure about this console.

Check it out.  http://www.nintendo.co.jp/nintendo_direct_pre_e3_2012/en/index.html

Roberta Williams

Joined 2004-01-18

PM

Some Hitman gameplay.

Roberta Williams

Total Posts: 8998

Joined 2004-01-05

PM

That Hitman gameplay video looks awesome, specially after that weird nuns video…

The WiiU was nothing surprising, confirming the leaked WiiU controller with the sticks and triggers and showing some social/online stuff.
I hope the point of this was to clear the way for an E3 presentation with focus on the games how they will work.

You are here: HomeForum Home → Gaming → General → Thread

Welcome to the Adventure Gamers forums!

Back to the top