• News
  • Reviews
  • Top Games
  • Search
  • New Releases
  • Daily Deals
  • Forums

Adventure Gamers - Forums

Welcome to Adventure Gamers. Please Sign In or Join Now to post.

You are here: HomeForum Home → Gaming → Adventure → Thread

Post Marker Legend:

• New Topic New posts
  • Old Topic No new posts

Currently online

LittleRose

Support us, by purchasing through these affiliate links

Tex Murphy on Kickstarter

Total Posts: 70

Joined 2004-02-18

PM

Fiery Phoenix - 31 May 2012 11:02 AM

I take it this game would not get a physical release? Download only? Would love to see Tex on the Xbox, not enough adventure games on there, can only think of Grey Matter on there which I loved - I wish they made a 2nd to that!

Actually the creator of Gray Matter had a Kickstarter earlier, which you might want to have a look at: http://www.kickstarter.com/projects/1005365109/jane-jensens-pinkerton-road-2012-2013-csg/?ref=kicktraq

It’s over now, though. She got what she needed to make a new adventure, even if it isn’t Gray Matter 2 (yet).

Anyway, you’re right that when you pledge 100 dollars you get the stuff for that “tier” and the stuff for the other tiers under it. I think the only exception to this is the digital $135 tier, which is a special edition thingie.

Also, if you pledged $100 and add $20 if you’re outside of the US ($120, then), you _will_ get a boxed copy. It’ll probably be a nice collectible in a few years. Smile

(we don’t know yet if there will be a proper retail release of a boxed copy. Some successful Kickstarter projects have gotten publisher deals, so maybe. I don’t think it’s in the current plan, though.)

Total Posts: 53

Joined 2010-04-17

PM

188 gives you the new radio theatre episodes also. Also I read yesterday that xbox is also an option

there is also a boxed copy on certain tiers

Total Posts: 21

Joined 2009-03-26

PM

Kolorabi - 31 May 2012 02:28 PM

Also, if you pledged $100 and add $20 if you’re outside of the US ($120, then), you _will_ get a boxed copy. It’ll probably be a nice collectible in a few years. Smile

I just pledged the $100 - did not see about the extra - is this just for international shipping costs and they will contact me at a later time?

I’m cool with that.

I was going just to pledge $5, but I managed to get hold of the other Tex Murphy games at carboot sales and on ebay - so I feel this is my way of giving a little back.

Hope they reach the goal.

Total Posts: 53

Joined 2010-04-17

PM

if your rewards are to be shipped & you are international you add the $15 or $20 to the pledge amount. If you are doing only digital download its just the $100.00
see below
Exclusive Boxed Collectors Edition of “Project Fedora” * Your name featured in the “Special Thanks!” section of the credits. * Special Edition “Project Fedora” Soundtrack on CD included. * NEW “Music of Tex Murphy” CD featuring live musicians playing classic Tex Murphy tunes! * Previous Reward Tiers included. * Add $15 for international Shipments.

Total Posts: 21

Joined 2009-03-26

PM

I take it I can amend my pledge easily enough??

Total Posts: 23

Joined 2011-01-07

PM

Two new interviews.

A podcast interview conducted by 1UP Retronauts (IGN Entertainment).
http://www.1up.com/do/blogEntry?bId=9107848

And another text-based one conducted by members of the Unofficial Tex Murphy Website (also includes Director Adrian Carr):
http://www.unofficialtexmurphy.com/messageboard/viewtopic.php?p=51644#p51644

Fiery Phoenix - 01 June 2012 05:13 AM

I take it I can amend my pledge easily enough??

Very easily and at any time before the deadline Smile Just go to the Kickstarter page and click the blue “Manage my Pledge” button just above the Reward Tiers list.

Also regarding international shipping someone got this answer:

Thanks for your message! We’re glad you’ve enjoyed our previous games! I’ve just spoken with our shipping manager, and we are planning on shipping the rewards as gifts! We’re glad you’re excited, and we can assure you, we’re as excited to make “Project Fedora” as you are to play it!

Tex Murphy - Project Fedora. A new Adventure Game with Adventure Game with Noir Detective and Sci-Fi themes upcoming.

Total Posts: 1891

Joined 2010-11-16

PM

A reddit started by big finish: http://www.reddit.com/r/gaming/comments/ufp50/tex_murphy_kickstarter_nearly_75_funded_help/
Lets up up up vote!

Total Posts: 1555

Joined 2005-12-06

PM

Kolorabi - 31 May 2012 02:28 PM
Fiery Phoenix - 31 May 2012 11:02 AM

I take it this game would not get a physical release? Download only? Would love to see Tex on the Xbox, not enough adventure games on there, can only think of Grey Matter on there which I loved - I wish they made a 2nd to that!

Actually the creator of Gray Matter had a Kickstarter earlier, which you might want to have a look at: http://www.kickstarter.com/projects/1005365109/jane-jensens-pinkerton-road-2012-2013-csg/?ref=kicktraq

It’s over now, though. She got what she needed to make a new adventure, even if it isn’t Gray Matter 2 (yet).

Actually people can still donate on the site via paypal:
http://pinkertonroad.com/join-csg/

Currently Playing: Dragon Age Origins: Awakening
Recently Played: Red Embrace: Hollywood, Dorfromantik, Heirs & Graces, AI: The Somnium Files, PRICE, Frostpunk, The Shapeshifting Detective (CPT), Disco Elysium, Dream Daddy, Four Last Things, Jenny LeClue - Detectivu, The Signifier

Joined 2011-01-07

PM

zane - 01 June 2012 12:01 PM

A reddit started by big finish: http://www.reddit.com/r/gaming/comments/ufp50/tex_murphy_kickstarter_nearly_75_funded_help/
Lets up up up vote!

They also announced they’ll be doing a Reddit AMA (Ask Me Anything) on Thursday June 7th 10 PM EST. So get your questions ready! Smile

Tex Murphy - Project Fedora. A new Adventure Game with Adventure Game with Noir Detective and Sci-Fi themes upcoming.

Total Posts: 5

Joined 2003-10-25

PM

Oh good! Lot´s of people from the board over there that i like are over here :-)

Joined 2003-10-25

PM

Cool interview with Chris Jones:

Total Posts: 299

Joined 2006-12-04

PM

Thanks Bruno

That is a fantastic video interview with Chris Jones. It has made me even more excited about a new Tex game and I think because of all the info Chris gave about Project Fedora I am going to increase my donation. Thanks for the link.

Don’t Hate Me Because I Am Beautiful…There Are Many Other Reasons

Joined 2003-10-25

PM

Thank you for the reply and the support on the project. Actually i indeed increased also after watching it, it made me very excited to play the game.

Joined 2011-01-07

PM

The latest update brings back the actor Bill Bradshaw who played the conspiracy enthusiast from Pandora Directive to voice support for the project (in character), even if you havent played that game check it out for a fun character and a great actor!
http://www.kickstarter.com/projects/texmurphy/tex-murphy-project-fedora/posts/239001

We’ve been told there will be more videos with past actors voicing their support and endorsement of the project, such as Michael York, Barry Corbin, and Richard Norton, so stay tuned!

Total Posts: 1555

Joined 2005-12-06

PM

Just a side note:

I think Chris Jones has aged well and I feel all giggly looking at his interviews and Tex moments.

Currently Playing: Dragon Age Origins: Awakening
Recently Played: Red Embrace: Hollywood, Dorfromantik, Heirs & Graces, AI: The Somnium Files, PRICE, Frostpunk, The Shapeshifting Detective (CPT), Disco Elysium, Dream Daddy, Four Last Things, Jenny LeClue - Detectivu, The Signifier

You are here: HomeForum Home → Gaming → Adventure → Thread

Welcome to the Adventure Gamers forums!

Back to the top