• News
  • Reviews
  • Top Games
  • Search
  • New Releases
  • Daily Deals
  • Forums

Adventure Gamers - Forums

Welcome to Adventure Gamers. Please Sign In or Join Now to post.

You are here: HomeForum Home → Gaming → Adventure → Thread

Post Marker Legend:

• New Topic New posts
  • Old Topic No new posts

Currently online

Support us, by purchasing through these affiliate links

Two Guys from Andromeda (Space Quest creators) on Kickstarter

Total Posts: 1555

Joined 2005-12-06

PM

I just ended up backing this too. I thought I wouldn’t pledge all my money around but it’s sci-fi and Space Quest was so weird shit that one has to respect that. Would be a shame if this doesn’t go through even though it’s not really on my most anticipated list.

Currently Playing: Dragon Age Origins: Awakening
Recently Played: Red Embrace: Hollywood, Dorfromantik, Heirs & Graces, AI: The Somnium Files, PRICE, Frostpunk, The Shapeshifting Detective (CPT), Disco Elysium, Dream Daddy, Four Last Things, Jenny LeClue - Detectivu, The Signifier

Total Posts: 2582

Joined 2005-08-12

PM

Siddhi - 30 May 2012 04:30 AM

The two guys should have waited till about July and then launched their campaign. Firstly, it wouldnt have run parallel to the Tex campaign, and many people who are currently backing only one might have been able to back both. It would have also given them some time to make a good pitch video.

I don’t think it’s realistic to launch a campaign like that in the summer. People are on vacation, or at least spending more time outside, and they’re less interested in thinking about games or refreshing a Kickstarter page every 5 minute. Realistically, I think it had to be either when they launched it, or after the summer. There are several reasons why the latter option would have been better (more time to prepare, probably less competition from similar projects), but there’s also the risk that the whole Kickstarter craze will have completely died down after the summer. (Ultimately, crowd-sourcing for games will only become an established part of the landscape if it’s proven to work, i.e. if games such as DFA or Wasteland 2 end up being better than publisher-funded games — and that’s still a big “if” at this point.)

But in their case, taking the time to make a great pitch, to rally their fans beforehand, and to have something prepared to show that they’re able not just able to design a game but to actually make one, even if that meant launching in September, would probably have been better.

Total Posts: 990

Joined 2009-05-08

PM

http://i.imgur.com/RdQ0z.png

A glimpse of one of the characters in SpaceVenture.

Total Posts: 2648

Joined 2004-01-18

PM

thejobloshow - 30 May 2012 05:51 PM

http://i.imgur.com/RdQ0z.png

A glimpse of one of the characters in SpaceVenture.

It’s Foghorn Leghorn Meh

An adventure game is nothing more than a good story set with engaging puzzles that fit seamlessly in with the story and the characters, and looks and sounds beautiful.
Roberta Williams

Total Posts: 245

Joined 2006-05-20

PM

The whole space quest collection is on the Steam daily deal.

Total Posts: 33

Joined 2012-01-02

PM

Siddhi - 31 May 2012 04:04 AM

The whole space quest collection is on the Steam daily deal.

The item isn’t available in my region, damnnnn.

Just backed this game, I hope it meets the goal.

Currently playing: Starcraft II
Recently finished: Resonance, Tex Murphy: Pandora Directive, Diablo 3

Total Posts: 5

Joined 2006-01-09

PM

its not going to make ittt!!!!  Frown(((

pledge pledge pledge pledge pledge!!!!

Joined 2009-05-08

PM

THE BLITZ IS COMING! Are you ready for it?

First up, a great article by Gamasutra about the 20 year riff between the two guys: http://www.gamasutra.com/view/feature/171021/the_20year_estrangement_of_the_.php

Total Posts: 506

Joined 2003-09-10

PM

A character (not the main character) revealed.

I think it’s great, but they do seem to be going out of their way to egg Activision on (err, no pun intended). Okay, it’s Astro Cock, not Astro Chicken, but it’s an obvious pick-up from the Space Quest universe. Don’t get me wrong, as an old Sierra fan I love that they’re “taking back” their creations this way, and we’ve seen with The Silver Lining and Sarian.net, for example, that Activision’s willing to bend a bit on this sort of thing. Then again, those were free fan projects, not for profit. I just hope the Two Guys have some sort of agreement with Activision that says this is kosher…

Total Posts: 192

Joined 2006-08-07

PM

They (one of the Guys or Chris Pope) said that they had talked to Activision about it and they had been (surprisiningly, to me) cool about it. I think it was during the SQ1 commentary yesterday. I assume Astro Cock is one of those things that they are allowed to “get away” with.

By the way, they’re doing another Q&A/commentary for SQ2 at 9AM PST today: http://sv.twitch.tv/andromedaguys

Total Posts: 16

Joined 2005-08-06

PM

thejobloshow - 01 June 2012 10:37 AM

THE BLITZ IS COMING! Are you ready for it?

First up, a great article by Gamasutra about the 20 year riff between the two guys: http://www.gamasutra.com/view/feature/171021/the_20year_estrangement_of_the_.php

Which also got posted to Kotaku: http://kotaku.com/5915096/the-falling+out-and-heartwarming-reunion-of-the-guys-who-made-space-quest

Total Posts: 59

Joined 2003-12-31

PM

I’ll most likely pledge if this gets anywhere close to its goal. Which I am not confident about.

Total Posts: 2648

Joined 2004-01-18

PM

$200k in 9 days.

Not impossible but looking like this is going to maybe hit $400k.

I think they asked for too much money at ($500k was always going to be a stretch)

An adventure game is nothing more than a good story set with engaging puzzles that fit seamlessly in with the story and the characters, and looks and sounds beautiful.
Roberta Williams

Joined 2009-05-08

PM

I’ll just scream if the final total ends up being something like $495,000.

Total Posts: 1555

Joined 2005-12-06

PM

I’m quite confident that the end surge will catch up the goal. Loads of people are ready to up a little bit to push it over. Me too, even though I am not the biggest fan.

Currently Playing: Dragon Age Origins: Awakening
Recently Played: Red Embrace: Hollywood, Dorfromantik, Heirs & Graces, AI: The Somnium Files, PRICE, Frostpunk, The Shapeshifting Detective (CPT), Disco Elysium, Dream Daddy, Four Last Things, Jenny LeClue - Detectivu, The Signifier

You are here: HomeForum Home → Gaming → Adventure → Thread

Welcome to the Adventure Gamers forums!

Back to the top