• News
  • Reviews
  • Top Games
  • Search
  • New Releases
  • Daily Deals
  • Forums

Adventure Gamers - Forums

Welcome to Adventure Gamers. Please Sign In or Join Now to post.

You are here: HomeForum Home → Gaming → Adventure → Thread

Post Marker Legend:

• New Topic New posts
  • Old Topic No new posts

Currently online

diegoIronCretinLady Kestrelrtrooney

Support us, by purchasing through these affiliate links

Let’s play - Orion Burger

Total Posts: 7432

Joined 2013-08-26

PM

eriktorbjorn - 21 September 2020 08:01 AM

I’m on a bit of an Infocom binge right now

That sounds interesting! Are you going to post about your binge, like Wilson* used to do with for instance his Legend Entertainment thread? I can promise you one avid reader.

*I miss Wilson and his posts. If you still visit AG from time to time I hope you read this and will be back one day.

EDIT: I’ve been derailing and/or monopolizing the thread again. Sorry, diego.

See you around, wolf. Nerissa

Total Posts: 928

Joined 2009-11-10

PM

Karlok - 21 September 2020 05:51 PM

*I miss Wilson and his posts. If you still visit AG from time to time I hope you read this and will be back one day.

EDIT: I’ve been derailing and/or monopolizing the thread again. Sorry, diego.

Derailing the thread too, I miss wilco too. Had a lot of fun too playing with him those Text Adventure Playthroughs you led Karlok.

Total Posts: 8720

Joined 2012-01-02

PM

Wilco is caught with life matters and has hardly any time to play adventures, that was what he said last time I contacted him, i wish also to see em posting again here, he is an intelligent and important member to these forums.

Total Posts: 181

Joined 2005-11-15

PM

Karlok - 21 September 2020 05:51 PM
eriktorbjorn - 21 September 2020 08:01 AM

I’m on a bit of an Infocom binge right now

That sounds interesting! Are you going to post about your binge, like Wilson* used to do with for instance his Legend Entertainment thread? I can promise you one avid reader.

Gee, I feel like I’m derailing a perfectly fine let’s play here. That was not my intention!

I’m afraid that I have no intention of posting about the Infocom games, but if you haven’t already seen it I do recommend the Eaten by a Grue podcast. They’ve already made it through all of Infocom’s text-only games, so they only have a couple of games left. (They’ve also made a couple of side episodes, including one about a strange text adventure/FMV hybrid for the Apple II.)

What prompted my binge was when Jason Scott leaked the source code for the Infocom games last year. That sparked a number of things, including a project to see if it was possible to still compile the source. The original compiler apparently isn’t as completely lost to time as was originally thought, but getting it to run is apparently quite the adventure. Fortunately there’s a new compiler called ZILF.

So now I’m replaying the games, source code in hand, looking for all the bugs I can find and how they might be fixed. So if you’re really, really, creepily into adventure game bugs, you can follow that progress at Alex Prodfoot’s The Infocom Files project. Laughing

Edit: I forgot to mention the ZILF compiler, though it was mentioned in at least one of the places I already linked to.

Joined 2013-08-26

PM

Thanks for the links!

Joined 2013-08-26

PM

Diego…? Have you passed the first test?

Total Posts: 6584

Joined 2007-07-22

PM

Karlok - 26 September 2020 06:52 AM

Diego…? Have you passed the first test?

YES!! I’m in the second test, met the beautiful girl… however don’t have much time to play now, but I will update during the next week.

Recently finished: Four Last Things 4/5, Edna & Harvey: The Breakout 5/5, Chains of Satinav 3,95/5, A Vampyre Story 88, Sam Peters 3/5, Broken Sword 1 4,5/5, Broken Sword 2 4,3/5, Broken Sword 3 85, Broken Sword 5 81, Gray Matter 4/5\nCurrently playing: Broken Sword 4, Keepsake (Let\‘s Play), Callahan\‘s Crosstime Saloon (post-Community Playthrough)\nLooking forward to: A Playwright’s Tale

Total Posts: 310

Joined 2018-12-01

PM

Always wanted to play this game. Sadly don’t have the game nor is my PC equipped to play it.

When I saw the thread title I misread it as “Onion Burger” - a subtle joke perhaps? Or just my eyes malfunctioning.

You are here: HomeForum Home → Gaming → Adventure → Thread

Welcome to the Adventure Gamers forums!

Back to the top