• News
  • Reviews
  • Top Games
  • Search
  • New Releases
  • Daily Deals
  • Forums

Adventure Gamers - Forums

Welcome to Adventure Gamers. Please Sign In or Join Now to post.

You are here: HomeForum Home → Gaming → Adventure → Thread

Post Marker Legend:

• New Topic New posts
  • Old Topic No new posts

Currently online

IronCretin

Support us, by purchasing through these affiliate links

Adventure game on PS4 Best Selling Games List

Total Posts: 3200

Joined 2007-01-04

PM

Looks like this genre is very far from dead, Detroit Became Human is number 9 on the PS4 best selling list:

9 - Detroit: Become Human 3.2 million

May 25, 2018

Adventure Quantic Dream Sony Interactive Entertainment Limited

I did like this game, I was hoping for a best console exclusive Aggie for it.

Heart

I enjoy playing adventure games on my Alienware M17 r4 and my Nintendo Switch OLED.

Joined 2007-01-04

PM

Also, Until Dawn would be 18th on this list with 1.9 million sales:

Until Dawn

Global Total as of 29th Dec 2018 (units): 1.90m
Platform: PlayStation 4
Developer: Supermassive Games Ltd. Genre: Adventure

So, this genre still sells in the millions and I really loved this game.

Heart

I enjoy playing adventure games on my Alienware M17 r4 and my Nintendo Switch OLED.

Total Posts: 1353

Joined 2017-09-18

PM

Nice to hear, but I don’t really feel any more validated for playing them. I’d play adventure games even if they sold 2 copies.

Total Posts: 1619

Joined 2015-07-01

PM

That is great I just wish a more traditional Adventure game would be on there something like Broken Age or Broken Sword 5.

Joined 2007-01-04

PM

I just looked this up,  Life is Strange has sales of 5 million across all platforms, including the PC.

Also, The Walking Dead, Season 1 sold over 1.4 million copies across all platforms as well. In recent years, adventure games still sell very well, so I expect to see more big hit adventure games in the future.

Finally, the odd adventure game Dangaronpa has sold over 2 million copies across all platforms and was actually popular in the west as well as Japan.

I do like the indie games we get as well, this model of a few big hits and lots of critically acclaimed indies make the adventure genre as exciting today as it has ever been.

Heart

Total Posts: 416

Joined 2018-03-07

PM

The first two seasons of The Walking Dead sold 28 million episodes. The first season was undoubtedly the bulk of that. The SteamSpy numbers had S1 over 3.5 million (back before their numbers went behind a paywall). Unfortunately TTG wasn’t able to sustain that level of success but they still helped the visibility of the genre.

Quantic Dream has been a great mainstream presence for adventure games over the years. Especially with Detroit, huge success and it managed to do surprisingly well in japan which is hard for western games. I’m glad they’re going multi platform now and even more people will get to play their games. 

Dreamfall Chapters also did a respectable 500k+. Which is a real testament to the staying power of The Longest Journey and it’s fan base, for DFC to still do half a million when it’s part of a series that started in 1999 with very scattershot releases.

Release wise, I’m already loving this year. Between Beautiful Desolation, Luna The Shadow Dust and KRZ it’s been just awesome. And there’s still Beyond a Steel Sky as well as many other games yet to come. Can’t wait.

Joined 2007-01-04

PM

Good to hear that Dreamfall Chapters sold well. I actually liked this game, although not as much as the first two releases in the series.

Crazy

You are here: HomeForum Home → Gaming → Adventure → Thread

Welcome to the Adventure Gamers forums!

Back to the top