• News
  • Reviews
  • Top Games
  • Search
  • New Releases
  • Daily Deals
  • Forums

Adventure Gamers - Forums

Welcome to Adventure Gamers. Please Sign In or Join Now to post.

You are here: HomeForum Home → Gaming → Adventure → Thread

Post Marker Legend:

• New Topic New posts
  • Old Topic No new posts

Currently online

IronCretin

Support us, by purchasing through these affiliate links

Beautiful Desolation

Total Posts: 2653

Joined 2013-03-14

PM

Current status: downloading.

Total Posts: 8720

Joined 2012-01-02

PM

tomimt - 26 February 2020 01:36 PM

Current status: downloading.

let me rephrase that, Pinch my nipple, I AM DOWNLOADING!

Total Posts: 681

Joined 2015-02-06

PM

Woo hoo… is it bad that I took off work for this day? Wink Congrats on the release guys!

This message will self destruct in 3… 2… 1… BOOM!!!

Joined 2013-03-14

PM

Right, first impressions after a couple of hours. The world is definitely interesting, one of the most intriguing settings I’ve seen for adventure games, or any games really. It does look gorgeous and plays very well. It’ll be interesting to see what the story has in store.

As a side note, the way the game plays reminds me quite a bit of Baldur’s Gates and Planescape: Torment than any adventure game. And that isn’t a criticism, just an observation.

Total Posts: 1075

Joined 2003-09-30

PM

tomimt - 26 February 2020 05:10 PM

As a side note, the way the game plays reminds me quite a bit of Baldur’s Gates and Planescape: Torment than any adventure game. And that isn’t a criticism, just an observation.

No,it’s a compliment. Wink

“Going on means going far - Going far means returning”

Joined 2013-03-14

PM

Gabe - 27 February 2020 02:17 PM

No,it’s a compliment. Wink

You are right about that. It works great with the whole aspect of exploring being an important aspect of the gameplay.

Joined 2012-01-02

PM

this is unbelievably impossible!, i played an hour and a half before thinking of saving my game, totally absorbed i was!

if things go well with this game sales, i believe we are witnessing a start of a new era of adventure gaming, that can grab a much bigger crowd to the genre.

Total Posts: 681

Joined 2015-02-06

PM

I played it for about 5 hours yesterday evening/night and was just completely blown away! The amount of detail put in to this is just amazing! The setting is so cool and unlike anything else I’ve played. The music is top notch. The story is very intriguing so far and has me excited to get back to it. The brotherhood has definitely created a masterpiece!

This message will self destruct in 3… 2… 1… BOOM!!!

Total Posts: 130

Joined 2010-12-09

PM

Thanks so much everyone! It really was a very experimental game for us, so I’m glad to hear its hitting the right beats with people.

If you have any specific questions - please ask!

Total Posts: 330

Joined 2017-08-15

PM

Are you aware that the volume control doesn’t change the cinematics volume? This makes it really annoying when I have the master volume set low and then during a cutscene I get blasted.

Member of the NAALCB - (North American Anti- Lobster Cop Brigade) since 2019.

Total Posts: 1353

Joined 2017-09-18

PM

tomimt - 26 February 2020 05:10 PM

Right, first impressions after a couple of hours. The world is definitely interesting, one of the most intriguing settings I’ve seen for adventure games, or any games really. It does look gorgeous and plays very well. It’ll be interesting to see what the story has in store.

Just wondering, does it get any more depth after the first hour or so? It’s a beautiful looking game, but so far I’ve just been running around doing simple tasks and finding items to use elsewhere, all in the interests of a cliched “get heroes home from strange alien place”. It’s nice enough, but am I going to be doing that for the remaining gametime?

Joined 2012-01-02

PM

I heard this once “A man walks into a bar invites a stranger to his home, he comes in with his camel”

Total Posts: 1075

Joined 2003-09-30

PM

Advie - 29 February 2020 05:37 PM

I heard this once “A man walks into a bar invites a stranger to his home, he comes in with his camel”

It’s jumanji.

“Going on means going far - Going far means returning”

Joined 2012-01-02

PM

Gabe - 01 March 2020 01:58 PM

It’s jumanji.

you crack me up my friend, not that camel, no, Its bc Chris was inventing ppl to ask whatever they wanted, but then some decided like to piss on his game, that is what I was thinking of.

Total Posts: 1353

Joined 2017-09-18

PM

Advie - 01 March 2020 02:27 PM
Gabe - 01 March 2020 01:58 PM

It’s jumanji.

you crack me up my friend, not that camel, no, Its bc Chris was inventing ppl to ask whatever they wanted, but then some decided like to piss on his game, that is what I was thinking of.

If you’re charging me $28.95 to enter your home, you better believe I’m going to bring my camel.

You are here: HomeForum Home → Gaming → Adventure → Thread

Welcome to the Adventure Gamers forums!

Back to the top