• News
  • Reviews
  • Top Games
  • Search
  • New Releases
  • Daily Deals
  • Forums

Adventure Gamers - Forums

Welcome to Adventure Gamers. Please Sign In or Join Now to post.

You are here: HomeForum Home → Gaming → Adventure → Thread

Post Marker Legend:

• New Topic New posts
  • Old Topic No new posts

Currently online

Baron_BlubbaCaliMonkchrissiediegoGabrielJdawg445

Support us, by purchasing through these affiliate links

Monty Python Marathon

Total Posts: 6584

Joined 2007-07-22

PM

To honor the death of Terry Jones, I will start tonight the Monty Python Marathon by playing Monty Python & The Quest for the Holy Grail first, and then The Meaning of Life. Everyone is welcomed to chime in, play along with me, comment or just drop few words about these games and Monty Python.

Recently finished: Four Last Things 4/5, Edna & Harvey: The Breakout 5/5, Chains of Satinav 3,95/5, A Vampyre Story 88, Sam Peters 3/5, Broken Sword 1 4,5/5, Broken Sword 2 4,3/5, Broken Sword 3 85, Broken Sword 5 81, Gray Matter 4/5\nCurrently playing: Broken Sword 4, Keepsake (Let\‘s Play), Callahan\‘s Crosstime Saloon (post-Community Playthrough)\nLooking forward to: A Playwright’s Tale

Joined 2007-07-22

PM

Monty Python and the Quest for the Holy Grail was released in 1996. , and as you can see, paradoxically it’s the best CD-ROM game of 932 A.D.!

I got to admit - Life of Brian could be my favorite Monty Python movie, but Quest for the Holy Grail is giving it run for its money! Especially because I adore the medieval setting. I played the game shortly after it was released, and I think I never played it again so it will be fun to go through the lunatic medieval world once again.

The game was released by 7th Level, and it’s NOT the first Monty Python game - it was Monty Python and the Complete Waste of Time (1994), but for this opportunity, I will not play that game.

Recently finished: Four Last Things 4/5, Edna & Harvey: The Breakout 5/5, Chains of Satinav 3,95/5, A Vampyre Story 88, Sam Peters 3/5, Broken Sword 1 4,5/5, Broken Sword 2 4,3/5, Broken Sword 3 85, Broken Sword 5 81, Gray Matter 4/5\nCurrently playing: Broken Sword 4, Keepsake (Let\‘s Play), Callahan\‘s Crosstime Saloon (post-Community Playthrough)\nLooking forward to: A Playwright’s Tale

Total Posts: 2653

Joined 2013-03-14

PM

Personally I think the first 30 minutes or so of Holy Grail is the absolute best comedy the Pythons ever wrote. The latter half of the movie is not bad either, but it does lose steam a bit after the first 30 minutes.

Anyhow, I’ve never played or tried any of the python related games nor multimedia releases.

Joined 2007-07-22

PM

This is the first menu in the game. You can watch the whole movie (sort of) by clicking on See the Film.

Total Posts: 2063

Joined 2013-08-25

PM

Terry Jones died? That’s really sad, he was such a funny and multi-talented gentleman. The Holy Grail is among my all-time favourite comedy movies, and I remember playing the game many years ago which felt confusing as hell. Not a fan of Life of Brian or The Meaning of Life though, too silly and vulgar for my taste, a kind of letdown after the first movie and the show, so I never tried the other game. Also played Blazing Dragon on PS which was based on Terry’s cartoon - surprisingly a very nice classic point-and-click adventure.

PC means personal computer

Total Posts: 7432

Joined 2013-08-26

PM

Good for you, diego! I’d like to join you, I still have the Holy Grail lying around somewhere (and I never finished it, shame on me). How did you manage to get it working?

See you around, wolf. Nerissa

Total Posts: 1167

Joined 2013-02-12

PM

Complete Waste of Time wasn’t the first Monty Python game, either - there was one back in the 8-bit days! But it was not remotely an Adventure game, and had pretty mixed reviews:
http://live.worldofspectrum.org/infoseek/magazines/crash/80#46

Joined 2007-07-22

PM

Karlok - 23 January 2020 01:05 AM

Good for you, diego! I’d like to join you, I still have the Holy Grail lying around somewhere (and I never finished it, shame on me). How did you manage to get it working?

It plays without problem on XP & compatibility mode Smile

Total Posts: 990

Joined 2009-05-08

PM

If you can find it, you do not want to miss Blazing Dragons. Terry Jones features prominently alongside Harry Shearer and Cheech Marin. A real, if I may say so, corker.

Joined 2007-07-22

PM

I think it was released only for Playstation, no?

Total Posts: 2063

Joined 2013-08-25

PM

It was despite being a traditional point-n-click. They should really port the game to PC so that more people could enjoy it. Graphically it holds very well.

PC means personal computer

Total Posts: 681

Joined 2015-02-06

PM

The Holy Grail movie was my first taste of Monty Python, I didn’t discover it until I was in high school but absolute loved it! I grew up in the 80’s so a bit surprising I had not heard of them until the mid 90’s. Regardless, to this day it has always remained one of my top favorite comedies. I also really enjoyed Life of Brian, another great classic! Sad to hear of Terry’s passing, a brilliant man he was.

Also I highly recommend playing Blazing Dragons, one of my top favorite comedy adventures next to Discword 1 & 2. I did find it odd that it was PS exclusive though, considering most point and click adventures were on PC. The good news is, if you are able to find a copy of it you can play it on PC with an emulator. If anyone is curious or interested feel free to PM me. Smile

This message will self destruct in 3… 2… 1… BOOM!!!

Joined 2013-08-26

PM

diego - 22 January 2020 02:08 PM

This is the first menu in the game. You can watch the whole movie (sort of) by clicking on See the Film.

I’d forgotten how much fun it is to watch the entire movie.  Tongue
Now what? Are we playing?

Joined 2007-07-22

PM

Karlok - 26 January 2020 08:33 AM

YES! You’re right on time! Wink

Total Posts: 5569

Joined 2008-01-09

PM

I just realized I bought this game with Complete Waste of Time ages ago.  I have too many unfinished games in line right now to join in, but I will move it up into my “play soon” pile.  I have a laptop with Classic Mac on it, so fingers crossed it’ll run on it.

Whenever I think of Terry Jones, I think first of his voice as the crazy parrot in Starship Titanic and then the companion book for that game Jones wrote for Douglas Adams.  Funny stuff!

Carpe chocolate.

Joined 2013-08-26

PM

diego - 27 January 2020 01:06 AM
Karlok - 26 January 2020 08:33 AM

YES! You’re right on time! Wink

I am, yes. But you are not.

You are here: HomeForum Home → Gaming → Adventure → Thread

Welcome to the Adventure Gamers forums!

Back to the top